E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > iDrive problems, with ipod and scroll knob

10-19-2006, 09:54 PM   #1
tbonecopper
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i 2006 Loaded

iDrive problems, with ipod and scroll knob

Ok. I will try to explain this as clearly as possible. I cann't succesfully reproduce the problem 100% of the time.

When you are listening to the iPod on a iDrive equipped 330i, the screen will highlight what you are currently listening to. But you can scroll up or down to look at other songs in the same play list and potentially play one. As you know, the car will move the play list selection back up to the song currently playing if you don't make a new selection.

The problem is, when I don't make a new selection and leave it on a different song, when it goes to move back up to the currently playing song, it starts to bounce around through the entire playlist and screen goes crazy. You can't stop it, use the wheel to control the system. It eventually stops, but it's very aggravating, and if you get a call on the Bluetooth it won't let you answer.

----------------------

The other problem is with the iDrive knob itself,

Your selections are (up) Communication, (left) Climate, (right) Navigation, (down) Entertainment,

When moving the knob to select something, almost all of the time, and the dealer has reproduced this problem, you have to push the knob to the corners to get it to select that iDrive destination.

Has anyone else had either of these problems? For reference, I'm using a 30gb video ipod.

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2006, 11:23 PM   #2
hkj
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Not sure about the bug you have with teh iPod adapter. I've been using it for about a month and haven't seen something like that happening, although I wouldn't be surprised to see few bugs in their software.

I haven't experienced any problems with the iDrive knobs either. If the dealer can reproduce this, I'm sure they can fix it under warranty.

-hkj
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2006, 01:49 AM   #3
tbonecopper
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i 2006 Loaded

This past friday, one of the more tech savvy technicians sat in my car in the parking lot, and FINALLY reproduced the iPod scrolling problem, and they have also acknowledged that there is a issue with the up/down/left/right selection with iDrive, and new parts have been ordered.

In the mean time, they gave me a X3 loaner, for the entire duration...
Appreciate 0