E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Got the Infiniti Basslink installed, not sure ...

10-20-2006, 12:04 PM   #1
Jonas2
Registered
Rep
Drives: Black 2006 BMW 325i

Unhappy Got the Infiniti Basslink installed, not sure ...

My car finally got here at the end of August, and I wasn't too impressed with the Low End of Logic 7.Mid & highs were good after messing with the EQ. I looked on some forums and decided to get the Basslink. I paid to have it installed, but the module doesn't perform well. At first I thought it was just the thickness of the back seat, but I went to Best Buy with a CD and played it on the same sub in their speaker room. The speaker there is playing much more of the actual bass range than mine. This leads me finally to my questions.

Does the '06 BMW 325i have a crossover or bandpass built in to keep certain frequencies from going to the subs. Also is there a wiring diagram for the factory harness that states which frequencies go where? It performs very well on certain songs, but overall it isn't trying to get some of the low frequency stuff. The sub is more than capable to do it though.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2006, 01:50 PM   #2
smellygas
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '06 325i (very soon)

The trunk is so well-isolated that you need an incredibly high output from your sub in order for it to sound decent in the cabin. I have the same problem in my car. I would have to say that the bare-minimum setup would be a single high-end 12" (like a JL 12W6v2) or dual 10"...but if anyone has had any luck with more basic setups, please let us now!

SmellyGas
Appreciate 0