E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Asia > Hong Kong > Beware Of Zillion Motorsports

01-20-2011, 01:07 AM   #23
ny911
Captain
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: R35/981 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepergm View Post
Try Monster garage - I got a good first impression. I will be taking my car there once I get my parts in from the states.
Do they offer alignment service?
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2011, 05:28 AM   #24
sleepergm
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: White 335i M-Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny911 View Post
Do they offer alignment service?
I think so ... talk to Ken Ken ... he mentioned a good alignment shop to me ... just can't remember.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2011, 05:29 AM   #25
sleepergm
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC3 View Post
mind to PM me the garage's info? thanks a lot.
Shop B, G/F Ko Leung Factory Building, 25 Tai Yip Street, Kwun Tong, Kowloon.

Appreciate 0
      02-09-2011, 12:51 AM   #26
sleepergm
Lieutenant
Rep

ummmm ... Someone took this thread and reposted it all over the web with fake usernames. I mean I don't really mind that it is all over the web but its a bit annoyying my sleepergm username is being used. Also I have been banned from a couple sites and I have not even been to them ...
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2011, 05:12 AM   #27
Ryan_M
First Lieutenant
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: E70 X5 3.0si / R171 SLK55

Quote:
ummmm ... Someone took this thread and reposted it all over the web with fake usernames. I mean I don't really mind that it is all over the web but its a bit annoyying my sleepergm username is being used. Also I have been banned from a couple sites and I have not even been to them ...
Damn, that sucks dude... u should ask those site admins to trace their IPs.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2011, 06:07 AM   #28
sleepergm
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan_M View Post
Damn, that sucks dude... u should ask those site admins to trace their IPs.
Yeah ... but I really could not be bothered.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2011, 12:51 AM   #29
JohnMan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 325i

Quote:
Caution: Ladies and Gentlemen hold on to your hats since it will be a bumpy ride.

Most of you have probably read the other threads stating my problems with Zillion Motorsports. I just want to give a full assessment now of my whole horrible experience.

In July I made a relatively big order with Zillion motorsports for aftermarket parts for my 335i BMW including a Forge intercooler and Diverter valves, Injen DCI, Eisenmann Race Exhaust, GIAC Stage 1 and 2 Software, FSD Shocks and HR springs and full Vorsteiner bodykit. I got recommended by a friend to use this shop and thought I would try it out. Then I ended up putting down a deposit and On the owner of the store said that the parts would arrive in no longer than 5 weeks time.

After 5 weeks I finally got a hold of On in the store after about 5 phone calls and asked him if the parts had arrived. I was getting really excited abt my mods. He said yes and for me to bring my car in. So I dropped my car in on the Friday and picked it up 4 days later thinking that all the parts would be installed. When I get there I find that only the suspension and Injen intake was installed. I asked where the other parts were and he said they had not arrived yet. And this point I was like WTF ... you told me they were all here. He said the rest would come in next week. So I said ok and would bring in the car again next week.

Next week comes along and I bring my car in ... taking time out of my business work day. I tried calling and texting the shop in advance many times with no reply. Took the car down and no parts had arrived. On then said wait one more week. So I said ok - a little more annoyed at this point. He said the parts had got stuck in HK customs at the port and needed time to come out.

I call him a week later .... and did not get through. But called again from another phoneline and got str thru. Interesting the owner was screening my phone calls ... good way to run a business. He said the parts were coming in on the following tuesday. Tuesday arrives and I bring my car in ... I leave the car there and pick it up at the end of the day. Guess what he only installed the software and boost guage.

One more week past ... and same thing but this time - intercooler and diverter valves. He said the Vorsteiner Kit was on its way but I thought he said it was in the port 3 weeks back. Then I decided in the meantime to get some AP Racing brakes for the car. I ordered them with On and said I need them asap - he actually got them in pretty quickly. I dropped off my car a week later again since he said he would install both the brakes and the bodykit together. Since the bodykit was GUARANTEED to be there. I said you GUARANTEE right? He said YES GAURANTEED. I brought my car in thinking it would be the end of it ---- no bodykit ... delayed again. But we can install the brakes. Will arrive next week.

Still waiting - 18 weeks in. I decide to get a downpipe from another shop and then install stage 2 GIAC software. Dont ask me why since the so called stage 1 GIAC he installed was not running that great. I thought this was because I was running a downpipe and extra mods since the stage 1 was meant for a more stock car. Brought the car back and installed the so called stage 2. He said pick it up at the end of the day - I said I need it for work and it must be done. He said NO PROBLEM. I left work early and tried calling numerous times to check if the car was done. No answer (I had called him maybe 40 times at this point from the start). I took a taxi nearly there and he finally texted me back and said the car was not ready and I could not drive it. I said I need the car and he said it was impossible. Pissed off I took the taxi back home and when I was nearly there I get a call - the software just got updated. Come pick the car up. WTF ... I ended up taking another taxi from Shatin back to pick my car up ... $500 in taxi fares. Pick the car up and drive off to find I still have stage 1 boost levels and feels exactly the same. He said it needs to adapt - yeah right.

Week 20 --- Bodykit still not arrived. Assured me not much longer. Got my hardware checked by Monster and Zillion - since my car was running horrible. Kind of like a broken second hard lawn mower. Sputtering at high rpm and low boost and shooting out huge flames during shifts ... cool kind of but not really.

I decide at this point to meet up with KenKen and 335 Freak and go to Monster and then Targa Racing in Happy Valley since they are the only licensed GIAC dealers in Hong Kong. Monster said hardware was fine it was a software problem. 335 Freak drove my car and said it drove horrible like stock. Talked to Josephine at Targa and she said it was not GIAC software and was something else - she checked the software with GIAC and it was not registered. To double check she contacted Eric head of GIAC Asia and he said it was fake software. Zillion had installed fake software - WTF ... Eric was nice enough to call me and explain the whole problem. I left the car with Targa and it was sent to BMW for a software update to 076 and Eric said I would get a new Stage 2 GIAC software by the weekend - 420 WHP .... sweeeeetttttt ...

I found out he called Zillion and they hung up on him. On's explanation was that he got it from a reseller in Taiwan and was not registered. BULLSHIT ... and if it was so why did my car run so bad ... also I paid for the new versions compatible with my car ... not some copied software.

I also ordered some lights from E92lights online and got them installed at Zillion. Some H8 and D1S bulbs ... guess what? I heard they plugged the wrong lights in the wrong sockets. Hence my H8 bulbs did not work when I got the car - he said they were faulty .... mmmm .... ended up buying some more LED lights from them .... they are nice but thanks for screwing my other ones up and not telling me.

Finally, I decided to cancel my order for the bodykit and guess what he said no problem and the parts had not EVEN SHIPPED YET from the states. WTFFFFFF .... you liar. He said they were back ordered. Why tell me this now when he GUARANTEED they were on their way. I would had had to wait another 7 weeks.

Solution -- I am ordering them from the states .... 4 weeks deliver time from Vorsteiner at relatively the same price.

Thanks for nothing Zillion - you cheat.

Oh I went into Zillion today to pick up my stock exhaust and a partial refund and he still wanted to charge me for the software. I ended up just leaving with my exhaust and taking a $2300 loss .... no a big deal but still WTF .... How can you charge me for software that nearly killed my motor?

Rating for shop === -50 out of 10

CAUTION AGAIN DO NOT USE THIS SHOP - They are liars and cheats. It is not worth the cheaper price of parts.

Funny thing is I probably would have spend easily another 100k plus on more parts including m3 suspension and a full rebuild.

Sorry for the long post ... just venting.
You should have consider suing them for breach of contract-non-delivery of goods. I know it's a hassle of time and money and hard to prove, but those guys will keep taking advantage of people if they think they can get away with it. I have to agree, there are no honest mod shops in HK.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2011, 12:39 PM   #30
nottie88
Private
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: E92 335

What Voresteiner parts did you get? I know its a little late now but i could've sold you mine.

If you need any help you can PM me, I've done pretty much what you want for your car and did not have to go through with the hassle of people screwing you over.

Good luck! I am very interested to see some pictures of your car!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2011, 08:11 PM   #31
sleepergm
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nottie88 View Post
What Voresteiner parts did you get? I know its a little late now but i could've sold you mine.

If you need any help you can PM me, I've done pretty much what you want for your car and did not have to go through with the hassle of people screwing you over.

Good luck! I am very interested to see some pictures of your car!!!
Hey mate ... I might be interested in the rear diffuser on the M-Tech if you have one. I have a stock carbon fiber one now ... and carbon fiber splitters on the front. Also a Ericsson Trunk which will be installed this weekend.

Will take pics of my car when the rims come in ...

What parts you have for Vorsteiner?
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2011, 01:15 AM   #32
RC3
Colonel
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: F10 528i

Garage List
2011 F10 528i  [10.00]
Quote:
Try Monster garage - I got a good first impression. I will be taking my car there once I get my parts in from the states.
Sorry to bring this thread alive again but this is not about Zillion but Monster.

Took my F10 there for there for H&R springs installation on Friday. Originally they said one day job but after dropping my car there they called and said needed two days since they have no F10 experience.

Job done and got my car back Saturday night. Drove to dinner at IFC and on the circular ramp I heard strange noise. Did not bother and park there. On my way home I heard strange noise again, sort of rattle coming from the front left corner. When I turn my steering wheel all the way to back my car to my car park space, I heard a huge noise from that corner. Then I found the sway bar end link (front swing support) on the ground. The bar just came off.

I inspected the car Sunday morning under sun light, I found that the shop has not properly fixed the end link. This is totally insane. How could a professional mechanic made such a mistake. Springs swapping is not any complicated job and such mistake is absolutely unacceptable. It was Sunday so I did not contact the shop and waited until Monday.

I was so upset Saturday night that I could hardly sleep. Searching the web to see whether I could drive without one of the end links for my short trip back to the shop. Anyway, drove there this morning. Had the car lifted up and checked. Those guys really forgot to fix the connection at the sway bar side. Totally insane. Luckily nothing is damaged. Took about an hour for them to fix the rubber cushion which fell apart but still function-able.

Couldn't really asked them for any compensation. They gave me a golf umbrella but who cares. Also offered me discount for future jobs, but will I go back again? very doubtful.

2011 F10 528i Black Sapphire / Oyster Black
2000 E46 325ci Cabrio Titanium Silver / Black - retired
1997 E36/7 Z3 Montreal Blue / Black - retired

Last edited by RC3; 03-21-2011 at 01:21 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2011, 11:37 AM   #33
superdx
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 323i E92 SG

Mod shops in HK are really hit and miss, do need to find one with a good recommendation with someone you trust. I wouldn't bother with it otherwise.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2011, 11:50 AM   #34
RC3
Colonel
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
2011 F10 528i  [10.00]
True, I learnt my lesson well. I wouldn't mind paying a bit more next time for a more reputable shop.

Appreciate 0
      03-21-2011, 01:06 PM   #35
owenau1989
Rep
Drives: E92 323i LCI

Quote:
True, I learnt my lesson well. I wouldn't mind paying a bit more next time for a more reputable shop.
just curious about your mod. will bmwhk say anything when they check the car 1 year after your purchase? also will this affect the insurance? since your car still hasn't been checked by government.

i'm asking this since i also want to install H&R spring for my e92, but my dad recommended me to do it after the maintenance period is passed.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2011, 01:19 AM   #36
RC3
Colonel
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
2011 F10 528i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by owenau1989 View Post
just curious about your mod. will bmwhk say anything when they check the car 1 year after your purchase? also will this affect the insurance? since your car still hasn't been checked by government.

i'm asking this since i also want to install H&R spring for my e92, but my dad recommended me to do it after the maintenance period is passed.
BMWHK will not warrant the suspension after the springs swapping. As the cost of the whole coilovers (aftermarket premiere set) cost around $20+k, I don't mind changing them again in 2 years or so. I was thinking of changing them after the maintenance period but figured nothing major will happen to the suspension anyway. Also, the F10 CG is way too high and body roll very extensive. Very different from E92 which the stock ones are still very acceptable.

No need for gov't inspection for spring swapping, this is confirmed by BMWHK. Even if you change ACS springs at BMWHK.

Insurance issue I really don't know but I don't think they check your car's suspension anyway for compensation. I am not doing any major engine overhaul.

Appreciate 0
      03-22-2011, 01:35 AM   #37
owenau1989
Rep
Drives: E92 323i LCI

Quote:
BMWHK will not warrant the suspension after the springs swapping. As the cost of the whole coilovers (aftermarket premiere set) cost around $20+k, I don't mind changing them again in 2 years or so. I was thinking of changing them after the maintenance period but figured nothing major will happen to the suspension anyway. Also, the F10 CG is way too high and body roll very extensive. Very different from E92 which the stock ones are still very acceptable.

No need for gov't inspection for spring swapping, this is confirmed by BMWHK. Even if you change ACS springs at BMWHK.

Insurance issue I really don't know but I don't think they check your car's suspension anyway for compensation. I am not doing any major engine overhaul.
Thanks a lot. But it sounds quite weird that government inspection is needed for changing the suspension system but not for changing spring only.

I still cannot accept the body roll of my E92 and want to change them as soon as possible, and it will look much cooler after a drop.

I found out H&R spring cost around $2500 (from cargym), is this a reasonable price?
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2011, 02:24 AM   #38
RC3
Colonel
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
2011 F10 528i  [10.00]
$2.5k about right, throw in $1k+ to install

No clue on the inspection rule. But I beg most ppl who have changed their suspensions have not gotten gov't inspection.

Appreciate 0
      03-22-2011, 12:27 PM   #39
cc_bavarian
First Lieutenant
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 2007+ E90 330i

Garage List
2007 E90 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by owenau1989 View Post
I found out H&R spring cost around $2500 (from cargym), is this a reasonable price?
I love the handling after changing to H&R Sport springs. I have Bilstein B6 shocks with it. The ride was really bouncy and horrible with stock sport springs with the Bilstein. I highly recommend you changing the shocks with the H&R springs.

I bought my H&R for $2,000 at ASIA AUTO PARTS SERVICE, 13 HAK PO STREET, MONGKOK. Call 2780 7943 to check if they have in stock.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2011, 01:45 AM   #40
Renus
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc_bavarian View Post
I love the handling after changing to H&R Sport springs. I have Bilstein B6 shocks with it. The ride was really bouncy and horrible with stock sport springs with the Bilstein. I highly recommend you changing the shocks with the H&R springs.

I bought my H&R for $2,000 at ASIA AUTO PARTS SERVICE, 13 HAK PO STREET, MONGKOK. Call 2780 7943 to check if they have in stock.

Do you mean your combination is H&R Spring + B6 shock? If so, can you tell out the different between yours and coilover of PSS10? Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2011, 09:19 AM   #41
Gunma
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia QV

Hi guys, anyone can recommend a reputable shop where I can get Koni FSD/Eibach kit installed? I am going to the order the set but don't know where to have it installed properly.
BTW, I was quoted $8000 for the Koni FSD/Eibach kit without install, is that a good price?
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2011, 11:06 AM   #42
RC3
Colonel
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
2011 F10 528i  [10.00]
pyramid, Gloucester Road

Appreciate 0
      03-27-2011, 11:51 PM   #43
sleepergm
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunma View Post
Hi guys, anyone can recommend a reputable shop where I can get Koni FSD/Eibach kit installed? I am going to the order the set but don't know where to have it installed properly.
BTW, I was quoted $8000 for the Koni FSD/Eibach kit without install, is that a good price?
That sounds abt right. I will have to check my quote I got for mine.
335 E92 - M-Tech - Eisenmann Race - Custom DP -RBturbos / Stage2 - GIAC S2 - Injen CAI - Forge FMIC - Forge DV's - Stri Gauges - ATI Pod - AEM Air/Fuel - Ericsson Carbon Trunk - Carbon Splitters - ER Charge Pipe - ER Engine Cover - Koni FSD - HR Sport - Brembo Racing Brakes - ICONZ custom rims - RPI Scoops - Burger O2 Sim
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2014, 12:21 AM   #44
shlai
Private
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 2009 Z4 E89 3.5i DCT

Read this post before order coilover from Zillion, but just thought that was an incidential event and probably they had improved. Unfortunately, same thing happens to me when ordering simply a KW coilver. Delay and delay, now they said they couldn't tell when because the dealer couldn't tell them so.. Definitely, Zillion has a big problem in customers' expectation management. If they can't be sure, don't tell me it would be ready in 2-3 weeks.
Appreciate 0