E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > My Iphone is a piece of crap

06-10-2011, 04:28 PM   #23
Crimson92
Smiling Politely
United_States
Rep
Drives: Like a boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
The only phone I would ever consider other than my iPhone 4 (which has been nothing short of perfect, with and without the jailbreak) would be a Nexus S.
i read somewhere that the gallaxy s2 is better.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2011, 04:40 PM   #24
Kiemyster
Bimmerpost Resident Marijuana Consultant
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 320i, 325xi, 335Xi, 335i, M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson92 View Post
i need to add that i had 0 problems with my i4

so far with my android powered device i have

bluetooth issues
freezing screen
screen bleed
random reboots
alarm issues
unable to receive texts until i reboot
refuses to make calls until i reboot

theres more but i forget.

If my company wasnt paying for this god forsaken phone id be back on att with my iphone.
Damn, thats dissapointing. But I do not endorse any android phones, only the DroidX. So if you dont have an X, then Im not backing that product.... I speak merely for those who have an X. What phone is it?
      06-10-2011, 04:56 PM   #25
solefald
Nigerian Prince
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: '11 F25

Garage List
'11 BMW F25  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiemyster View Post
And yet some people have the nerve to curse me out when I say the Droid X eats the iPhone and its pathetic to own one because Apple just pwnd you.
So far, every single person I know who has Motorola Droids (Original, Droid2 and X) have exact same issue with the charge port. After 2-3 months it stops charging and they have to replace the phone. My girl is on her 3rd Droid in less than a year.
      06-10-2011, 04:57 PM   #26
Crimson92
Smiling Politely
United_States
Rep
Drives: Like a boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiemyster View Post
Damn, thats dissapointing. But I do not endorse any android phones, only the DroidX. So if you dont have an X, then Im not backing that product.... I speak merely for those who have an X. What phone is it?
g2x.

i believe half of the issues may be lgs inability to make a good device

but some of these are android issues...especially the crappy battery life part.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2011, 04:57 PM   #27
iBoost
Retired e90post Member
Rep
Drives: real slow

not this shit again, iphone vs android
to me android and iphones are equal. rooted and jailbroken of course.

never have had a problem with either..
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2011, 07:53 PM   #28
Nifty
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 AWD M3

If you're looking to get rid of your phone you can always check out Amazon's trade in program.

http://www.amazon.com/s/qid=13077535...sort=titlerank
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2011, 08:07 PM   #29
Kiemyster
Bimmerpost Resident Marijuana Consultant
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 320i, 325xi, 335Xi, 335i, M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson92 View Post
g2x.

i believe half of the issues may be lgs inability to make a good device

but some of these are android issues...especially the crappy battery life part.
Yeah i figured the problem in the droids are that the apps initiate after you kill them with an application manager. In applications and settings, there is an option somewhere that only allows programs to initiate with the users command only, therefore only when you hit the icon or load the widget the app will begin to run, eliminating all that background syncing and other bullshit. LG gets an A for effort, but a C for execution.

I have not heard about the droid x charging issue, this is a shocker! I consider myself lucky i guess, I didnt know that some people where plagued with this problem. The odds of getting the same problem 3 times.... damn, i dont know what to say lol
      06-10-2011, 08:33 PM   #30
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep
Drives: Topless Brute/Hybrid Boogaloo

:update:

Went to the apple store. The chick took it for 5 minutes came back and was like

"it's not charging. I can give you a new one for $200"

No shit it's not charging that's why I came here.

She then said that I dot have an extended warranty, when I bought one when imbought the phone.

So I called AT&T. My guy (who was named mark whalberg ) he was just like yeah I can see here that you have the warranty, what's apples issue?

So apparently I currently have a $400 paperweight because apple wasn't informed of my extended warranty and the two companies apparently can't tell eachother that I do have one.

This is such crap I can't take it.

And I bought this phone new a year and a half ago. I'm one month away from my upgrade, it definitely won't be an iPhone after this.

Appreciate 0
      06-10-2011, 08:39 PM   #31
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: A///MERICAN!!!

Garage List
yup...my iphone is now a paperweight slash glorified ipod. Too bad the soundcard sucks
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2011, 08:53 PM   #32
1speedbike
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4 M40i, 2008 135i

Matt... all smartphones suck. My 3GS turned to utter crap after the OS4 update. Everything glitches. The loading times for everything are ridiculous. 5-10 seconds to OPEN my messages? 15 seconds for the camera to load? wtf?? This is both with and without jailbreak. The 3G/3GS are just way too slow to cope with OS4 and apple doesn't give half a crap about it.

But the androids aren't any better. My GF's android (HTC Incredible, one of the better reviewed ones) turned to shit after 3 months. Slow as hell, always freezes/crashes, runs incredibly hot. They won't replace it.

Furthermore, she has a problem with the battery level sensor. Apparently a LOT of androids have this problem and most people don't even realize. The battery seems really crappy, but in reality, the sensor is fucked up. Well the battery is crappy too, but this compounds the problem.

It will charge up to full, then you unplug it and restart the phone and it charges even more for 1-2 hours! Unplug and restart it again and it will charge for another 30-60 min! And yet again for another 20-30 min! It never fully fucking charges. And the battery sensor doesn't fully re-calibrate either, because this happens every time. You can't charge the phone overnight unless you wake up every few hours to unplug it and do this crap.

And then there's windows phones. Probably the least buggy of the bunch, but with giant colorful buttons, integrated XBox Live, and no ability to copy and paste, I feel like it's "Baby's First Smartphone" or something.

I'm tempted to get an iPhone 4 because it honestly seems the best of the bunch as far as smartphones go, but when iPhone 5 and the OS5 come out.. will the same bullshit happen with iPhone 4 with the OS5?

Also, I have a full anything-can-happen-you-can-even-step-on-it warranty on my iPhone 3GS. Never registered my phone, it's still shrink-wrapped in the sealed box. I'll sell it to ya for 80 bucks (I paid 100)

Scruffy's gonna die the way he lived... Mmhm.

Appreciate 0
      06-10-2011, 08:55 PM   #33
Wakka
but no flokka
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C

my iphone 3gs is in perfect working condition. had it for 2 years now, no problems at all.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2011, 09:00 PM   #34
g_rant
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

IMO all smartphones will be crap, or at least become obsolete with all their problems. Companies will always come out with a better product, competing with each other. However, it feels as though they won't fully upgrade the new phones, saving those plans for other features for the newer models they hope to come out with. Somewhat like my old iPod shuffle and how iTunes won't even update the little thing since it's been dubbed incompatible now.-_- Basically all I'm saying is that, companies just want everyone's money; if what you have doesn't work, then go for a different product.
      06-10-2011, 09:04 PM   #35
Wakka
but no flokka
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by g_rant View Post
IMO all smartphones will be crap, or at least become obsolete with all their problems. Companies will always come out with a better product, competing with each other. However, it feels as though they won't fully upgrade the new phones, saving those plans for other features for the newer models they hope to come out with. Somewhat like my old iPod shuffle and how iTunes won't even update the little thing since it's been dubbed incompatible now.-_- Basically all I'm saying is that, companies just want everyone's money; if what you have doesn't work, then go for a different product.
Oh really? thats how companies work... they like money!? No way tell me something i didnt know.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2011, 09:14 PM   #36
1speedbike
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4 M40i, 2008 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakka View Post
Oh really? thats how companies work... they like money!? No way tell me something i didnt know.
politicians lie!!!!! SPREAD THE WORD

Scruffy's gonna die the way he lived... Mmhm.

Appreciate 0
      06-10-2011, 09:20 PM   #37
Wakka
but no flokka
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1speedbike View Post
politicians lie!!!!! SPREAD THE WORD
NOOOOO WHY GOD WHYYYYYYYY?????
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2011, 09:25 PM   #38
yakev724
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 15 S3

If u want to ship me the phone w/paid and addressed return mailer (I'm at 11790), Ill fix it for $20.

Most likely a charger/speaker youve been using is broken or crap quality. Ditch it and replace with quality ones. Ive seen plenty of bad charge ports and its always come down to a bad/broken cable/charger.

When u first buy an iphone, it comes with a year long warranty. If at any time during that year you have it swapped, the replacement phone comes with a 90 day warranty (or remainder of original warranty if u have over 90 days left on that). Any subsequent replacement automatically resets the 90 days. Applecare is 3 yrs, ~$40 on ebay, and definitely worth it. If youve bought a macbook within the past year, do yourself a favor and buy macbook applecare ASAP. One replacement battery alone (which you will need after 3 years) makes it worthwhile.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2011, 09:51 PM   #39
pittsy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jerez...E92 M3

I had the original iPhone then the iPhone 3 and I never had a problem with my jailbroken original iPhone. However, I went thru 13 iPhone 3, had 3 in a week. It was so frustrating I dropped ATT and the iPhone and went to verizon. I had blackberry's, then the original droid, then the droid x, then I got the thunderbolt on the release date. Thunderbolt was the worst phone ever, the battery didn't last at all, rebooted constantly, the speaker is useless. It's just crap. I went thru 4 thunderbolt since march, and I ended up trading it for an iPhone 4 and it working great. I also have iOS 5 which is very very impressive.
08 E92 M3 Jerez Black | Bamboo | 6MT | 18s | 5% tint | No iDrive | Heated Seats | V1 hardwire | ///M Alu Pedals | Matte Black Grills | Painted Reflectors | CF Roundels | GP Thunder 8500k | Remus Race Exhaust | VMR V701 18s Matte Black
Appreciate 0