E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Follow Up for Alarm Coding

01-09-2012, 11:42 PM   #45
Neutrino45
Major
Rep
Drives: XXX

Where is the best place to buy the shock sensor from?
      01-15-2012, 07:48 PM   #46
e90jd
Rep
Drives: 3

How do you enable the chirp on lock/unlock setting in the bc? I have tried to code the blank MAN in KOMBI as well as the check then uncheck through BC stalk method.
Also, my chirp is soft and after coding, the values keep going back to default values as in the OP... Anybody know what I'm doing wrong?
Edit: figured it out

Last edited by e90jd; 01-20-2012 at 01:47 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 05:50 PM   #47
5teN
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by fxtrt View Post
How do you enable the chirp on lock/unlock setting in the bc? I have tried to code the blank MAN in KOMBI as well as the check then uncheck through BC stalk method.
Also, my chirp is soft and after coding, the values keep going back to default values as in the OP... Anybody know what I'm doing wrong?
Edit: figured it out
Care to share you findings? Might help me, or someone else...
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2012, 10:08 PM   #48
e92oholic
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 MINI JCW GP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5teN View Post
Care to share you findings? Might help me, or someone else...
Mine was really soft to and everytime i tried to change it, it ended up going back to default sound. So i coded with a blank .man file in the DWAS and its nice and loud now. I tried after that to turn it up to wert_08 and it went back to being quiet. The blank .man file worked like a charm to make it loud again
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2012, 07:59 PM   #49
byoung8
Legendary
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i E90 TiAg

Quote:
Originally Posted by moreno1 View Post
Retrofited the alarm last night on my E92. At first I had the clown nose, chip upon locking and unlocking doors. After coding and adding +k302 to my VO, coded each module in expertmode then I was able to have the following:
1 - Inside motion sensor
2 - Hoodswitch
3 - panick alarm
4 - and obviously the on/off control for the chip in the BC stalk

I also installed the shock sensor that one member is selling here. I tested it and it works like a charm. The hoodswitch and motion sensored were tested as well and i'm good to go!!
Thx to all contributors :-)!
I'm about to do this and I hope I have the same results and coding goes flawlessly

'07 335i E90 Titanium Silver
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2012, 10:04 PM   #50
moreno1
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by byoung8 View Post
I'm about to do this and I hope I have the same results and coding goes flawlessly
Good luck! If you have any questions shot me a PM!

Cheers,
2009 335i E93 /// BSM /// Sport /// Premium /// /// 19" M pack 225 wheels /// M6 wheels winter set /// 35% Tint /// Gloss Black Grills /// PE Exhaust /// Lux H8 V3 /// Interior LEDs /// JB4-DCI /// Combox & CIC Retrofit /// M3 side skirts /// M3 front bumper ///
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2012, 12:48 AM   #51
byoung8
Legendary
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i E90 TiAg

I just placed the order to get the correct cable sent to me so it looks like I'm delayed 2 weeks. I will definitely hit you up Moreno1 for some advice.

'07 335i E90 Titanium Silver
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2012, 12:23 PM   #52
fdawg4l
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i 6MT

This thread was infinitely useful when coding my alarm yesterday. I have the motion sensor working, unlock/lock chirp, have the relevant menu items in IDrive, and double-locks came along for the ride. Thank you to everyone who contributed!

For completeness, I did the following.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90aL View Post
-Add the value for the VO(vehicle options)
"+K302"
-adding this option would give you access to the DWAI and DWAS modules (and set alarm to default BMW values)
- (this step may not be necessary) change the values listed below
I used this as a guide for changing my vehicle options. After following the directions all the way through, the CAS is modified, but you'll need to do the same for NFRM (start over, follow directions until Process ECU, and choose NFRM).

At this point, I still had the clown nose blinking, but no PANIC button, and no menu items in IDrive. No chirps either. Curiously, holding the trunk unlock button on the fob didn't work as it used to. Instead I had to depress it once and the trunk would unlock. Holding the button did nothing. So I did the following

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bimmer View Post
Well that was fun, finally got the alarm coded and fully functional. I changed the FA on the CAS and NFRM modules, then tried to process car > code car but kept getting an error. Finally just coded the individual CAS, DWAI, and DWAS modules using the blank .man file trick and it worked! Lock/unlock chirp, hood switch, panic alarm, tilt switch all functional.
Since I have Idrive, i did the blank .man file trick on CAPPL as well. That didn't work completely for me. I did get chirps, but they where very soft. Also, the motion detector stopped working. So, I coded every module individually by first Reading the ECU, then modifying the values which were different from the ones below. Almost all matched, except for 2 or 3 in DWAI.

Quote:
-DWAI module:
LAUTSTAERKE
nicht_aktiv > aktiv
ALARM_OPT_FERNLICHT
nicht_aktiv > aktiv
QUIT_AKUST_SCHAERF_KLAPPE
nicht_aktiv > aktiv
PANIK_ALARM
nicht_aktiv > aktiv
QUIT_AKUST_ENTSCH
nicht_aktiv > aktiv
DEF_QUIT_AKUST_ENTSCH
nicht_aktiv > aktiv
DEF_QUIT_OPT_ENTSCH
nicht_aktiv > aktiv
DEF_QUIT_AKUST_SCHAERF_KL
nicht_aktiv > aktiv
ANFRAGE_FENSTERPOSITIONEN
nicht_aktiv > aktiv
PIAU_AKUST_ENTSCH
nicht_aktiv > aktiv
PIAU_AKUST_SCHAERF_KLAPPE
nicht_aktiv > aktiv
SIGNAL_HK
nicht_aktiv > aktiv

-DWAS module: (change if chirp is too quiet)
BUZZER_HIGH_LEVEL
wert_06 > wert_04
wert_07 > wert_05
wert_08

-CAS: (panic alarm)
SONDERTASTE_PANIKALARM
nicht_aktiv > panikalarm
MOTORHAUBENKONTAKT (hood switch), thanks onebadmofo
nicht_aktiv > aktiv

-CAPPL: (change if equipped with idrive) It gives you the option to enable or disable the chirp
ACOUSTIC:
fkt_gesperrt > fkt_frei
C941C_QUITT_AKUST_KLAPPE
fkt_gesperrt > fkt_frei
K9416_QUITT_AKUST_ENTSCH
fkt_gesperrt > fkt_frei
C9413_QUITT_AKUST_SCHAERF
fkt_gesperrt > fkt_frei
Lastly, my motion detector STILL wasn't working after the above, so I found somewhere in one of the threads here that the motion sensor is FUNK_INNENRAUMSCHUTZ. It was nicht_aktiv, so I changed it to aktiv in DWAI.

After this, everything seemed to work. I don't know how to test the tilt sensor (or if I even have one) or the hood latch yet, but will follow up when I do.

Just for ha-has, I disabled the legal disclamer in Idrive while I was there. Also, I made the windows go up from the fob. This spreadsheet has lots of goodies.

Thanks again to all who contributed. You saved me a few hundred bucks I can now put to good use (e.g. helping finance my LSD install!! Next week can't come soon enough!).
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2012, 03:55 AM   #53
Teohenwhy
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

So to get your siren louder you have only wert-01 under buzzer high and buzzer low correct?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx2 View Post
Problem solved:

I did some reading on the BEST VERSION error and it has to do with the version used to create the ECU files which are not recognized by EDIABAS 6.4.7. In an attempt to resolve this compatibility issue I proceeded to install EDIABAS 7.2.0. Just a word of caution when installing EDIABAS 7.2.0, the EDIABAS.INI will not work as it is and required a few settings changes to make it work. Once I installed the new verison of EDIABAS I was immediately able to connect and code the DWAS module of the car.

Alarm coding related:
I first proceeded to code the DWAS with an empty .MAN file to set everything to default values. Then I read the module and when I first looked at the BUZZER_LOW_LEVEL and BUZZER_HIGH_LEVEL they were set like this:

BUZZER_LOW_LEVEL
wert_04
wert_05
BUZZER_HIGH_LEVEL
wert_05
wert_06

I then left only (1) wert_08 for each and coded the module. I tested the alarm and it was just as quiet as before so I read the module again and to my surprise the settings were different and looked like this:

BUZZER_LOW_LEVEL
wert_01
wert_02
wert_06
wert_07
wert_08
BUZZER_HIGH_LEVEL
wert_06
wert_07
wert_08

I then left only (1) wert_01 for each and coded the module. I tested the alarm and now it is significantly louder. I'm not sure if it is maxed out, but it is better. As before, I read the module again and to my surprise the settings were different yet again. ( Similar to above but I didn't record it). Has anyone experienced anything like this?

I have attached a copy of my DWAS .TRC file after the wert_08 coding and reading it back. (saved as .txt for uploading purpose)
      08-09-2012, 03:07 PM   #54
AJ@ECSMotorsports
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

I've changed all the values but dont see any change in the car at all..

I've updated to the new V46.1 daten files so I can access CIC (Since CAPPL is for CCC/Older models), and none of those values are there

But my clown nose stopped blinking I believe.. thats it!

No chirp or anything..

I changed it all by accessing through CAS, or do I have to do it from NFRM?

edit: So I posted this from when in my car.. I got out and it fkn chirps now lol.. and clown nose blinks.

But still dont see the options in CIC, any idea there? And left windows down and motion doesnt seem to work..

Spent 3 hours in FL sun in that car so I'll try again tmrw/this weekend.. lol

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2012, 10:38 PM   #55
Elliott@DetailAddict
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

^You did it wrong because you are trying to do it line by line.
Add to VO in expert mode, write VO to CAS and NFRM
Recode modules in expert mode.
Prosper
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2012, 01:48 PM   #56
fdawg4l
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i 6MT

After coding, when the alarm is tripped via any of the sensors or the Panic button, are the headlights suppose to flash? I noticed mine don't. The siren goes nuts, but no headlight activity. Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2012, 01:47 AM   #57
toicy4ya
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 06 BMW 330XI

Can I use this DIY for a E90?

http://www.trevorloken.com/bmw/NCS_C..._Order_CAS.pdf

Appreciate 0
      09-03-2012, 12:19 AM   #58
toicy4ya
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by toicy4ya View Post
I attempted to utilize the NCs_Changing_the_Vehicle_Order_Cas.pdf to code the alarm. However, Step. 7 "Press F6 (Back Button)" is greyed out. Although I was still able to access F1 (VIN/ZCS/FA). So i proceeded with the instructions but when i got up to step Step. 11, I entered my Vin number hit ok and got the following error;

I have three questions;

1. Can i use the NCS_Changing_the_Vehicle_Order_CAS.pdf for my E90 06 330XI?
2. Do i have to use my personal FSW PSW MAN profile instead of expertmode?
3. I read elsewhere, in addition to performing the FA change i will need to recode the car using a blank Man file. However this will erase all the other coding i have performed previously. Is this correct?

Thanks in advance

Last edited by toicy4ya; 09-03-2012 at 01:55 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2012, 10:55 PM   #59
toicy4ya
Lieutenant
Rep

Whats Up Guys,

First of all thank you for all your help. I attempted to the instructions listed in the "Using NCS to Change VO (external link) USING NCS TO CHANGE VO.pdf" found in the wiki section of *********. Once the job was execute i noticed none of my old codes were erased (as i was informed they would) and the lights on the dashboard did not flash like normally when a job is executed, although i did not receive any errors.

Since the job was execute without any errors, i proceeded to install all the modules listed below;

-DWAI:
LAUTSTAERKE
nicht_aktiv > aktiv
ALARM_OPT_FERNLICHT
nicht_aktiv > aktiv
nicht_aktiv > aktiv
PANIK_ALARM
nicht_aktiv > aktiv
QUIT_AKUST_ENTSCH
nicht_aktiv > aktiv
DEF_QUIT_AKUST_ENTSCH
nicht_aktiv > aktiv
DEF_QUIT_OPT_ENTSCH
nicht_aktiv > aktiv
nicht_aktiv > aktiv
nicht_aktiv > aktiv
PIAU_AKUST_ENTSCH
nicht_aktiv > aktiv
nicht_aktiv > aktiv
SIGNAL_HK
nicht_aktiv > aktiv

CAS:
SONDERTASTE_PANIKALARM
nicht_aktiv > panikalarm
MOTORHAUBENKONTAKT
nicht_aktiv > aktiv

CAPPL:
QUITT_AKUST_SCHAERF
fkt_gesperrt > fkt_frei

Currently my Car chirps and the signal lights flash when the alarm is activated/disactivated and the motion sensor works. However, the panik alarm and hood switch do not work. In addition, I noticed my alarm sensor light still flashes a total of 21 times quickly before it begins flashing normally which i believe is a signal that the alarm is not programmed correctly. Does anyone have any idea why im having this issue?

Appreciate 0
      09-08-2012, 12:56 AM   #60
Elliott@DetailAddict
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

Why did you do them line by line?
Just use expert mode and code the dwai dwas cas nfrm jbbf kombi and cappl/cic if you have it.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2012, 05:07 AM   #61
toicy4ya
Lieutenant
Rep

Because, I'm a beginner and didn't know I could do it otherwise.

Appreciate 0
      09-09-2012, 09:45 PM   #62
toicy4ya
Lieutenant
Rep

Are all these codes compatible with an 06 E90?

Quote:
-DWAI module:
LAUTSTAERKE
nicht_aktiv > aktiv
ALARM_OPT_FERNLICHT
nicht_aktiv > aktiv
nicht_aktiv > aktiv
PANIK_ALARM
nicht_aktiv > aktiv
QUIT_AKUST_ENTSCH
nicht_aktiv > aktiv
DEF_QUIT_AKUST_ENTSCH
nicht_aktiv > aktiv
DEF_QUIT_OPT_ENTSCH
nicht_aktiv > aktiv
nicht_aktiv > aktiv
nicht_aktiv > aktiv
PIAU_AKUST_ENTSCH
nicht_aktiv > aktiv
nicht_aktiv > aktiv
SIGNAL_HK
nicht_aktiv > aktiv

-DWAS module: (change if chirp is too quiet)
BUZZER_HIGH_LEVEL
wert_06 > wert_04
wert_07 > wert_05
wert_08

-CAS: (panic alarm)
SONDERTASTE_PANIKALARM
nicht_aktiv > panikalarm
MOTORHAUBENKONTAKT (hood switch), thanks onebadmofo
nicht_aktiv > aktiv

-CAPPL: (change if equipped with idrive) It gives you the option to enable or disable the chirp
ACOUSTIC:
fkt_gesperrt > fkt_frei
C941C_QUITT_AKUST_KLAPPE
fkt_gesperrt > fkt_frei
K9416_QUITT_AKUST_ENTSCH
fkt_gesperrt > fkt_frei
C9413_QUITT_AKUST_SCHAERF
fkt_gesperrt > fkt_frei

Appreciate 0
      06-15-2013, 08:35 AM   #63
2Times
I'd hit it
United_States
Rep
Drives: G82

Garage List
2023 BMW M4 xd  [10.00]
The coding was way easier than I thought it would be... I was actually surprised everything worked. The one thing I don't see is the options in my iDrive or stalk... That would just be a nice to have.

Edit: I coded CAPPL but 'ACOUSTIC' just said nicht_aktiv as opposed to fkt_gesperrt... Wasn't sure if I should change that to aktiv or fkt_frei. I tried fkt_frei since that's what the post says but I got an error when it was coding. I just left it and shut down since it was late.

Last edited by 2Times; 06-15-2013 at 08:40 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2013, 01:07 AM   #64
Zap
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW M3 Convertible (JZB)

Just did this on my E92.

A few issues - after the blanket coding:

LAUTSTAERKE is defaulted as nicht_aktiv - any confirmation on what this code specifically does?

2Times - I checked my files and ACOUSTIC is set as aktiv - I'm guessing this might have been a typo in the original how-to as I got an error trying to code it as fkt_frei as well.

I also had to re-enable the motion sensor, for some reason.

At any rate, can anyone elaborate on how many blinks the clown nose should have when the alarm is functioning properly? I think I've finally got it, save for LAUTSTAERKE if I need to change that....

Props to everyone for all the research, it made the process not too bad once I got the whole coding thing figured out!
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2013, 08:36 AM   #65
2Times
I'd hit it
United_States
Rep
Drives: G82

Garage List
2023 BMW M4 xd  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zap View Post

LAUTSTAERKE is defaulted as nicht_aktiv - any confirmation on what this code specifically does?

2Times - I checked my files and ACOUSTIC is set as aktiv - I'm guessing this might have been a typo in the original how-to as I got an error trying to code it as fkt_frei as well.
The translation for LAUTSTAERKE is: "the volume; the sound level; the sound volume". Not sure that has to do with the flashes.

I was testing the flashes and I learned that you can't fool the alarm. I armed it while sitting still inside, it wasn't flashing and when I moved, I was a little bummed the motion sensor didn't activate it. I got out, tried again with the windows down and when I activated the alarm, the clown nose flashed either 5 or 10 times I believe then went to single flashes every ~20 seconds. I gave it a min then stuck my arm in and waved around. Worked, alarm went off. I disarmed it and when I went to get back in, I noticed the clown nose was flashing quickly until I armed/disarmed it again.

That's how my flashes work
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2013, 04:11 PM   #66
Zap
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW M3 Convertible (JZB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Times View Post
The translation for LAUTSTAERKE is: "the volume; the sound level; the sound volume". Not sure that has to do with the flashes.
Any thoughts on what sound level that would be controlling? The lock/unlock beep is decently loud, as is the alarm siren when tripped. My understanding was that all volume settings were controlled in DWAS.

Interestingly enough, I no longer get the long sequence of flashes when arming the alarm. It goes right into blinking without the fast blink.

I've also coded to enable the key fob to close the windows and moonroof - score!
Appreciate 0