E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > **********s such a bs!!

Closed Thread

08-23-2011, 07:01 PM   #23
Inspired
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceb View Post
You seem to be completely overreacting here and I'm not sure what you want.

Every vendor is free to set their own pricing and it is up to the consumer to determine if that price is fair. If not, then the consumer should go elsewhere.

This holds true for cars, parts and toothbrushes.

If a store is willing to pricematch, then you should consider yourself lucky and have some assurance of getting a decent price.

I hate "call for price" but I understand it.
I agree that they should be able to set their own pricing but wouldn't you be angered if you bought the item for $800 while others are getting it for $600 from the exact same seller. That is just shady business.

I recently PM **********s for a quote on a set of VMR wheels. They were way overpriced compared to other dealers. Long story short, I ended up purchasing them from Pyspeed.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2011, 07:19 PM   #24
ceb
NHTSA Nazi
Rep
Drives: 335ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturbo335 View Post
I agree that they should be able to set their own pricing but wouldn't you be angered if you bought the item for $800 while others are getting it for $600 from the exact same seller. That is just shady business.

Sure, but it sounds like the OP is only speculating about what others paid. In addition, you don't know if they got some sort of discount based on prior purchases or for other reasons.

Did you ever buy a car? Some people that bought cars from the same place you did got a better deal than you did - and some paid more.

I recently PM **********s for a quote on a set of VMR wheels. They were way overpriced compared to other dealers. Long story short, I ended up purchasing them from Pyspeed.

Right. You did what an intelligent customer does - research the product and buy fromthe store that gives you best value - and that doesn't mean best price only.
It sounds to me like the OP is really mad at himself for what he now perceives as overpaying and now wants to shift the blame.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2011, 07:27 PM   #25
Inspired
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceb View Post
It sounds to me like the OP is really mad at himself for what he now perceives as overpaying and now wants to shift the blame.
If you have a honest vendor, none of this would of happened..
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2011, 07:27 PM   #26
ceb
NHTSA Nazi
Rep
Drives: 335ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by tibra1 View Post
I think we all know the difference between buyer's remorse and what the OP feels as being jilted..with that said..it IS buyer beware..but when you have a vendor who is constantly being flagged for various customer service issues..it def raises a flag..
Sure. I think it is obvious from my comments in the other MB threads that I think that they are flakes, but that doesn't keep me from trying to be objective.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2011, 07:29 PM   #27
jasonn
JDM Slut
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 e90 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKL View Post
Unrelated to this thread, the whole concept of "PM for a price" unfuriates me. Why can't the price be the same for everyone? If different taxes or shipping costs come in to play, fine, but the price for the ITEM should be the same for everyone. "PM for price" should be banned on this forum. EQUALITY FOR ALL

"Too low to list!" AKA It's not MAP if it's inflated and every other vendor is selling below MAP...

"PM for special pricing!" AKA We don't advertise our prices so it's harder to compare prices and shop around. It also inhibits competition.

BUT Big to Mike************. He is such a hothead I'd thought he'd blow up by now. Must be taking some anger management classes or something. Mucho props for staying calm...for a while now...don't worry I've been noticing your good behavior.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2011, 08:08 PM   #28
Mike@ModBargains
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i

Small picture (this individual order): We did our best to 1) get the customer a good deal and 2) make enough profit to survive as a business. We are even willing to step up to the plate now and give him credit on the price difference to match another price that was given to him after he had already received the shipment from our warehouse. We want the customer to be happy with us, and I am serious about that. We just want happy customers...

Big picture (those of you doubting ordering from us now): I implore you to give us a chance to earn your business. Call us, email us, come see us in person. Decide for yourself. We have serviced thousands upon thousands of customers for seven years. We really have setup our company to have a higher probability of having happy customers - Click Here to Read Why. As the Co-Founder & CEO, I work every day on improvements here. Do negative threads upset me as they always have? Of course. The difference is that I have the perspective and experience after all these years to learn from it instead of fighting with customers or being defensive. Nobody wins if I do that.

Our company has grown to the point of a physical location with a warehouse, installation facility, extensive inventory, full staff - which are paid generously with full benefits for our full-time staff which include medical insurance, paid time off, and paid major holidays. This type of setup is rare in our industry. We work really really hard every single day. We've sponsored BMW forums for 7 years now and this isn't our first negative review and not our last. But we get a lot more positive reviews than any other company here on E90Post. The negatives are more important to me. We can't learn anything when we do it right. We can learn everything when we make a mistake, or even in a situation like this where nothing really went WRONG but a customer still is not happy. We can always step up. I made that offer here, and the customer refused.

I've seen at least 40 companies over the past 7 years be killed off by negative publicity like this. They start off great, offer killer deals with little or no profit, and then when they get more orders and more customer service problems they run away from their problems and go out of business. This leaves a good chunk of customers stranded in the future because the retailer they purchased from isn't there a couple years later to support them on warranties. It has never phased our company because we are always here to step up to the plate and meet the problem head-on and find a resolution whenever possible. I guarantee you that I can find a pissed off customer from EVERY sponsor on this forum. Every company that does a lot of business has unhappy customers - at least we don't ignore our's. We always will be here for our customers, and I know some of you understand the value of that.

I just hope that all of you can see that we do try very hard, and we have built an established company on hard work and sweat and by doing our best to create happy customers.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2011, 11:53 PM   #29
curamie
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 e90 335i SG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike************ View Post
Small picture (this individual order): We did our best to 1) get the customer a good deal and 2) make enough profit to survive as a business. We are even willing to step up to the plate now and give him credit on the price difference to match another price that was given to him after he had already received the shipment from our warehouse. We want the customer to be happy with us, and I am serious about that. We just want happy customers...

Big picture (those of you doubting ordering from us now): I implore you to give us a chance to earn your business. Call us, email us, come see us in person. Decide for yourself. We have serviced thousands upon thousands of customers for seven years. We really have setup our company to have a higher probability of having happy customers - Click Here to Read Why. As the Co-Founder & CEO, I work every day on improvements here. Do negative threads upset me as they always have? Of course. The difference is that I have the perspective and experience after all these years to learn from it instead of fighting with customers or being defensive. Nobody wins if I do that.

Our company has grown to the point of a physical location with a warehouse, installation facility, extensive inventory, full staff - which are paid generously with full benefits for our full-time staff which include medical insurance, paid time off, and paid major holidays. This type of setup is rare in our industry. We work really really hard every single day. We've sponsored BMW forums for 7 years now and this isn't our first negative review and not our last. But we get a lot more positive reviews than any other company here on E90Post. The negatives are more important to me. We can't learn anything when we do it right. We can learn everything when we make a mistake, or even in a situation like this where nothing really went WRONG but a customer still is not happy. We can always step up. I made that offer here, and the customer refused.

I've seen at least 40 companies over the past 7 years be killed off by negative publicity like this. They start off great, offer killer deals with little or no profit, and then when they get more orders and more customer service problems they run away from their problems and go out of business. This leaves a good chunk of customers stranded in the future because the retailer they purchased from isn't there a couple years later to support them on warranties. It has never phased our company because we are always here to step up to the plate and meet the problem head-on and find a resolution whenever possible. I guarantee you that I can find a pissed off customer from EVERY sponsor on this forum. Every company that does a lot of business has unhappy customers - at least we don't ignore our's. We always will be here for our customers, and I know some of you understand the value of that.

I just hope that all of you can see that we do try very hard, and we have built an established company on hard work and sweat and by doing our best to create happy customers.

Your company has grown to the point of a physical location with a warehouse, installation facility, extensive inventory, full staff by selling overpriced products.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2011, 12:05 AM   #30
Slow_335i
Daily Driven!
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW 335I  [7.02]
I feel it's the buyers fault, If i was a dealer or seller of anything i'd sell at top dollar. If the buyer doesn't do his home work before he buys, i feel it his problem. (You win some you lose some)
      08-24-2011, 01:02 AM   #31
shazzy04
Lieutenant Colonel
South Korea
Rep
Drives: '15 F22 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Corso View Post
Sounds like **********s is being more than reasonable.

OP - Stop trying to be a keyboard hero, do some research, and shop around before making a purchase.
I agree

Quote:
Unrelated to this thread, the whole concept of "PM for a price" unfuriates me. Why can't the price be the same for everyone? If different taxes or shipping costs come in to play, fine, but the price for the ITEM should be the same for everyone. "PM for price" should be banned on this forum. EQUALITY FOR ALL

The pm for price does sadden me
Quote:
Originally Posted by curamie View Post
Your company has grown to the point of a physical location with a warehouse, installation facility, extensive inventory, full staff by selling overpriced products.
how old are we.. seriously.

Mods coming soon
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2011, 01:19 AM   #32
E90MCF
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 06' AW E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by shazzy04 View Post
I agree

He buys something for LESS than retail an then finds out he could have bought it for less. . . Enough said? Whiny little b***h much? If the 'price isn't right' everyone more than has the right to decline, if they want your business they would make you a best offer off the bat

The pm for price does sadden me

It's the most annoying thing I've ever had to deal with recently. . .

how old are we.. seriously.

To have and run a retail location is very expensive, this guy's just embarrassed at how stupid he made himself look in his epic fail@ a slander thread
Good job OP, I vote you DBOTM!

- OEM Blacklines - 3M Di-Noc Matte Dry Carbon Vinyl Roof - 19x8.5/19x9.5 Miro M6 Replica 'Time Attack' - 17x8 OEM Style 159 Spider Spoke - Matte Black Grills - LED Interior Kit - License Plate LEDs - CF Roundels/Wheel Caps -
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2011, 01:19 AM   #33
Crazylegs
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 Black on Red 335I

dude none forced you to buy it for $800 you could have bought it used or searched on a different site. Now i see them saying for you to show proof of a lower price and they will match it for you. as stated violates there standings with cobb. More then generous is all I'm reading here.

Just accept the fact that it was your mistake for you putting in your CC info or paypal info, and making the purchase.

now if i were you (and I'm greatful to not be), id accept the kind offer from modbargins
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2011, 01:48 AM   #34
Biturbo3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335is / 1M

OP, instead of trashing the people who are trying to help you out, why don't you try contacting them to resolve the problem? From what I've read and gathered, it does look like **********s is doing everything they can to help you out even though they did nothing wrong to begin with. You should be happy to accept the generous offer that's being given to you.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2011, 02:41 AM   #35
BMW72
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i XDrive

Garage List
Quote:
I purchased my cobb ap for 800 and this is the best price i could get out of them and I was in local and willing to pick it up.

now I saw a lot of people who aren't in local and got it for mid 700

Thank you very much for gilbert and alan.

I highly doubt this isnt good for local member..I wouldnt recommend them at all..
Cobb has a 30 day satisfaction guarantee . If your not satisfied return it !
      08-24-2011, 09:42 AM   #36
Kruz
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C 6MT

Garage List
Is it so bad/evil for a vendor to reinvest their profits into things that improve their offerings and service?
Summers: 235/40/18 265/35/18 Hankook Ventus V12 on VMR 701s
A/S: 225/40/18 255/35/18 Pirelli PZero Nero M+S on OEM 162s
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2011, 10:20 AM   #37
FastBimmerN54
Banned
Italy
Rep
Drives: Seats and a Steering Wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturbo335 View Post

Nobody is paying 600 for a Cobb. Not even the vendors.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2011, 10:28 AM   #38
Shellacked135i
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i, 09 335xi

Quote:
620..now this is harder to believe. people watch out for the pricing. you can pick your cobb ap for 620
I call BS I know vendors in the business and they pay WAY more then that.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2011, 12:03 PM   #39
bulldog_yyc
Major General
Rep
Drives: GT3RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellacked135i View Post
I call BS I know vendors in the business and they pay WAY more then that.
yep maybe 620 for a used unit, I think vendor cost is low 700's from my estimates. Why not call up cobb and ask to become a vendor?
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2011, 12:30 PM   #40
krnboy817
Major
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i coupe

if store credit is still being offered... take it.

800 - 620 =180 thats 1/3 the cost of set of some of the wheels **********s have advertized.

so here is what i would do...

call this owner up and get a store credit. say sorry. ask for a good pricing on a set of wheels and buy it.

then sell the wheels brand new for the full price not the "special price" you got it for and you get your money back... this might even make you more money.

to me this just seems like an opportunity for the OP... just dont burn the bridge.

driving is poetry in motion.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2011, 04:12 PM   #41
Fozzy
Waaka Waaka
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 xdrive & 2015 F15

Quote:

PM for pricing is so that they can give you a discount that they can't advertise publically and/or give a further discount if you're a loyal customer.

This is no different than in any other business, except rather than PM (which is convienient for a web forum), it's walk in or by phone.

I'll say to date I've been very happy with **********s prices and service - and no I'm not getting paid or working for them. I've dealt with so many crappy companies I'm prepared to back up one I've had good experiences with.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2011, 11:41 PM   #42
Super Amjo
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09 335i

I have to agree with the general consensus of the thread here - and side with **********s. I don't see how if they are making every effort to appease this customer, and this guy doesn't want to work with them to get credit when it's not even necessary for them to do, would they still have bad customer service - it actually proves they have excellent customer service.

The reality of the situation that I think the OP is failing to see is that the decision to purchase was his and his alone - was quoted 800, thought it was a good deal and purchased it, now live with it. Prices fluctuate, that's reality and as a consumer you have to do your research to find the best value for you - and if you purchase before researching thoroughly, then you miss it and move on -

I recently purchased a few spoilers from another vendor, he had a sale less than 2 weeks after I purchased them with a combo deal that would have saved me over $100, so missed it (and I sure as hell wasn't offered store credit afterwards, lol) - life goes on buddy, get over it and stop trying to bash this poor business because you have sour grapes.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2011, 12:34 AM   #43
Johndong888
John
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 M3, '18 S560, '16 G63

I also bought COBB AP from Alan @ ********** when it first came out at 795. I have nothing but positive things to say about Alan and ********** as a whole. Sure it was expensive but worth every penny. I don't regret it one bit. It was "worth" it to me.

Like others have mention, no one is forcing you to purchase it at the said price. If you don't like the price, move on to another vendor, shop around. Buyer is just an idiot. Living in a technological world and doesn't know how to utilize the web to his benefit.

Current - 2012 AW/FR E92 M3 | 2014 AW X5 | 2015 MB S550 | 2016 RR V8 (White FTW)
Mods - BPMTune Stg1/Servo, Euro Visors & Side Mirror, IND Gloss Blk Pkg, OEM Perf. CF Trim/Spoiler, Grills, Lights, Pedals, Umnitza V4 AE, ModeCarbon GTS V1, 19" HRE P40
Sold - 2008 BSM/Black E92 335i
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2011, 12:43 AM   #44
E92TTKING
Colonel
Greece
Rep
Drives: e92

A) OP must get his panties out of a bunch.
B) You should always shop around for the best price durrrr.
C) **********S has excellent pricing and staff so dont bash them because its that special time for you at the end of the month.
D) I have bought multiple things from **********s, Gilbert and Alan, and have had no problems, nothing but exceptional fast and friendly service.
E) No i dont work for **********s
F) U .... for wasting my time reading a pointless thread and having to defend a great company for no reason

U mad

Last edited by E92TTKING; 08-25-2011 at 01:20 AM..
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread