E90Post
 


Lease SwApp
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > DIY Guides > DIY: E9X ACC Retrofit



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-30-2018, 07:07 PM   #1
Nickco43
Lieutenant
Nickco43's Avatar
290
Rep
474
Posts

Drives: 06 BMW 330i
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Philadelphia, PA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [0.00]
DIY: E9X ACC Retrofit

Attached is the PDF for the E9X ACC retrofit guide. Make your $5,000 E9X feel like a Tesla!

The ACC works great and was amazing on the highway when I drove to New Jersey to pickup some heated seats. I only needed to touch the gas when I was sitting in someones blind spot. It works decent in around town driving but you do have to pay attention more.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf E9X ACC Retrofit DIY v1.1.pdf (979.0 KB, 250 views)

Last edited by Nickco43; 09-10-2018 at 07:45 PM.
Appreciate 1
      08-31-2018, 01:35 AM   #2
ptpending
Lieutenant Colonel
188
Rep
1,616
Posts

Drives: e91
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: vilnius

iTrader: (1)

you should mention that LDM comes with 544 option only on 6-cylinder pre-2007 cars
after that it will not be from factory but it is needed for ACC retrofit
also 544 option may come with xdrive cars and these car also can be 4-cylinder
and if 6-cylinder car in europe had'nt any cruise option at all it will require instrument cluster upgrade
__________________
E91 2006. Retrofits:High beam assistant, Individual Audio, Autodim mirrors, CIC, Combox(USB and Bluetooth), Electric Sport Seats, Light package, Front PDC, Heated Steering Wheel, Happy Robot, Climate Comfort Windscreen, Blackline rear lights.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2018, 08:59 AM   #3
Nickco43
Lieutenant
Nickco43's Avatar
290
Rep
474
Posts

Drives: 06 BMW 330i
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Philadelphia, PA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptpending View Post
you should mention that LDM comes with 544 option only on 6-cylinder pre-2007 cars
after that it will not be from factory but it is needed for ACC retrofit
also 544 option may come with xdrive cars and these car also can be 4-cylinder
and if 6-cylinder car in europe had'nt any cruise option at all it will require instrument cluster upgrade
I will add that in, thank you
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2018, 12:34 AM   #4
zhp43867
Ohhai
zhp43867's Avatar
6
Rep
124
Posts

Drives: 330i
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Redwood City, CA

iTrader: (0)

This is awesome! When you refer to "P Can lines from the LTM" is the LTM the cruise with brake system that the 2006 E90s have? I've wanted to do this retrofit for awhile now.

Secondly (and I think this is where my confusion is) is the adaptive cruise control into which the VW harness needs to be tapped the LDM or a supplemental ACC module? Are the LDM/LTM the same?

I'll start working to secure parts. Mind if I ping you with questions?

Last edited by zhp43867; 09-02-2018 at 12:58 AM.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2018, 02:20 PM   #5
Nickco43
Lieutenant
Nickco43's Avatar
290
Rep
474
Posts

Drives: 06 BMW 330i
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Philadelphia, PA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhp43867 View Post
This is awesome! When you refer to "P Can lines from the LTM" is the LTM the cruise with brake system that the 2006 E90s have? I've wanted to do this retrofit for awhile now.

Secondly (and I think this is where my confusion is) is the adaptive cruise control into which the VW harness needs to be tapped the LDM or a supplemental ACC module? Are the LDM/LTM the same?

I'll start working to secure parts. Mind if I ping you with questions?
At least on the early cars the LDM controls the ACC. You can tap the P can lines where ever you want from the loop.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2018, 04:12 PM   #6
Ghannes
New Member
0
Rep
15
Posts

Drives: e91
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Netherlands

iTrader: (0)

Respect man. How did you found out what needs to be done to get this working?
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2018, 06:11 PM   #7
Nickco43
Lieutenant
Nickco43's Avatar
290
Rep
474
Posts

Drives: 06 BMW 330i
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Philadelphia, PA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghannes View Post
Respect man. How did you found out what needs to be done to get this working?
https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2018, 01:49 AM   #8
whyzee125
Major
220
Rep
1,061
Posts

Drives: Dinan stage 2 335i
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Chattanooga Tn

iTrader: (0)

Wow, that's sweet. I'm jealous. I don't think I'd ever go through the headache of all that for mine but I'm sure it must be rewarding.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:10 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST