E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > Combox Retrofit

09-07-2022, 03:56 PM   #1
The Weegie
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 3 Series E90 2005 SE

Combox Retrofit

Hello Folks,

I have been a reader since i got my E90 a year ago, and this place is amazing.

I have a 2005 3 Series E90 SE which previously was a NON Nav car. i have since retrofitted the CIC Pro nav system into my car

Things i have fitted are as follows

CIC Screen Wide, CIC Pronav HU (one with HDD) and most obviously the New Dash,

I do not currently have a COMBOX and my car was never fitted with a TCU or a MULF.

This brings me to why I'm making this post, i would like to retrofit a COMBOX to my vehicle to have the Bluetooth audio and hands free system, however during my research the only retrofits i have seen have been swapping it from a TCU/Mulf to COMBOX not a complete retrofit

I have seen a few of the BN200 COMBOX's on Ebay with some of the harnesses attached, however what I really need some assistance is what needs connected to where and what other cables i would need to buy (specifically the ones with the FAKRA connections)

my vehicle was prepped for the CD changer in the boot so i do have a most connection in the boot that's not doing anything at the moment so im hoping i can use this to connect to the COMBOX, alternatively I could find some place under the dashboard and connected it there somewhere.

Any assistance you amazing people could provide would be greatly appreciated and apologies for the absolute essay that I have written here I'm just trying to include as much detail as i can think of

I did pickup a TCU out of a Scrappie so even if i need to start with that then move onto combox i have that option too
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2022, 03:57 PM   #2
ptpending
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e91

i have i combox retrofit harness for sale in this thread
https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1877956
i cannot pm you because you have too little msgs on this forum
so you can whatsapp me on +37064026671

Last edited by ptpending; 10-20-2022 at 03:59 PM.. Reason: update
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2022, 06:51 PM   #3
tej98
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '09 335i

I'm in the same situation, made a thread here: https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1965735

I've got the Sat prep wiring in the trunk already that has the MOST wiring and a few other things that I may be able to use for the retrofit.
Appreciate 0