E90Post
 


TNT Racewerks
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Beating a dead horse - B12 - B14 - Other



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-14-2022, 01:01 PM   #23
aznbo187
First Lieutenant
United_States
33
Rep
318
Posts

Drives: E46 M3, E82 128, E91 328
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver, CO

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanLH8 View Post
Just had b14s installed last week. I dialed the rears up almost to the highest setting and I'm sitting at 25.25" from middle of fender down to bottom lip of the wheel
Just installed mine as well on my touring. About a week/300 miles on this setup.

Had the rears at about halfway and it was pretty much dumped (24.5"). I don't mind slammed, but this was tucking half the tire lol. Over next few days, I raised it like 6-9 turns and the rear barely went up. However, the ride has notably degraded and it feels like i'm not raising the car, just compressing spring and the rebounds is bouncy/oscillating a bit. Honestly feels like I just have cut springs.

Haven't checked if there is coil bind, but wouldn't be surprised. Unsure if that's an indicator of anything.

Unmodified Bilstein bump stops.

Curious if others are having issues with the rear. Considering changing the rear springs as I'm not happy with the ride. I've had in the past on other BMWs KW V2, GC Street/School, PSS9 and Eibach Pro-Street Coils.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2022, 02:58 PM   #24
hi rpm
Enlisted Member
11
Rep
32
Posts

Drives: 2013 335i xDrive Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznbo187 View Post
Over next few days, I raised it like 6-9 turns and the rear barely went up. However, the ride has notably degraded and it feels like i'm not raising the car, just compressing spring and the rebounds is bouncy/oscillating a bit.
Unless something is stuck I don't see how extending the spacer wouldn't raise the car...The car should be "floating" on the spring. Unless you maxed out the struts, like if they're the wrong ones. Doubt it.

I followed some track setup advice and set the rear 3/4" higher than the front as measured from the ground to the inner wheelwells.

I think I mentioned bouncy in this thread. The springs are just heavy as far as I can tell, so when you hit a bump they compress and then bounce the car up.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2022, 08:25 PM   #25
aznbo187
First Lieutenant
United_States
33
Rep
318
Posts

Drives: E46 M3, E82 128, E91 328
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver, CO

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi rpm View Post
Unless something is stuck I don't see how extending the spacer wouldn't raise the car...The car should be "floating" on the spring. Unless you maxed out the struts, like if they're the wrong ones. Doubt it.

I followed some track setup advice and set the rear 3/4" higher than the front as measured from the ground to the inner wheelwells.

I think I mentioned bouncy in this thread. The springs are just heavy as far as I can tell, so when you hit a bump they compress and then bounce the car up.
It does seem weird, I will adjust the height more and report back.

Did you resolve the rear being bouncy?
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2022, 11:11 PM   #26
hi rpm
Enlisted Member
11
Rep
32
Posts

Drives: 2013 335i xDrive Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznbo187 View Post
It does seem weird, I will adjust the height more and report back.

Did you resolve the rear being bouncy?
No, but I assume softer springs or higher rebound struts would lessen it, with tradeoffs.

I don't think I have an oscillation issue, unless it's road related. It bounces once per bump.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:51 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST