E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > I am confusion!

08-27-2019, 05:27 PM   #1
macleran98
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2010 328i xDrive

Unhappy I am confusion!

Just finished playing ball with the boys so I go to open my trunk and it will not open. It will not even make the opening noise when I click the button on the inside or using the button above the licence plate. I do not have valet mode on. I eventually give up and drive off only for my iDrive to tell me that the left reverse light and left two-stage brake lamp have malfunctioned as well All the while the car is telling me "Trunk open!"

Anyone have any ideas as to what caused this or how to fix, or should I just bring it in to the dealership?
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2019, 06:20 PM   #2
WoodE30
Capt. Maverick
Rep
Drives: 89 E30 325is, E92 335i N54

Garage List
2013 X5 3.5xdrive  [0.00]
1989 325is  [0.00]
2008 335I coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by macleran98 View Post
Just finished playing ball with the boys so I go to open my trunk and it will not open. It will not even make the opening noise when I click the button on the inside or using the button above the licence plate. I do not have valet mode on. I eventually give up and drive off only for my iDrive to tell me that the left reverse light and left two-stage brake lamp have malfunctioned as well All the while the car is telling me "Trunk open!"

Anyone have any ideas as to what caused this or how to fix, or should I just bring it in to the dealership?

Im assuming your car doesn't have the lock cylinder on the trunk? Sounds like you have a bad trunk latch. You can try and get into it by removing the licence plate lights and get up in there with a hook/metal hanger.
Appreciate 0