E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Urgent - Bonnet won't open, low oil

09-12-2022, 05:34 AM   #1
fearLess
Registered
Rep
Drives: E91 330D 2007

Urgent - Bonnet won't open, low oil

Hi all,

Bit of an urgent one from me, my bonnet won't open on my Pre-LCI 2007 330D E91.

The drivers side (UK) opens fine with the lever but the passenger side won't budge.

I feel like I've tried everything and I'm in a bit of a panic because I'm scared it'll be a cut through the bonnet job and I really don't want that.

I'm 'semi' technical so someone suggested going through the wheel arch liner to the 2 cables, did that and the drivers unlocks but the passenger one doesn't at all, so I have a feeling either the cable has snapped, or that the latch is seized.

Someone suggested using a long screwdriver and going through the top corner where the light is but it's so damn tight I can't find the latch at all.

Rang multiple garages who can't fit me in for over a week, and I need the car to get to work and I don't want to drive it on low oil for fear of seizing the engine.

Any and all help is massively appreciated, in a bit of a blind panic at the moment.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2022, 04:56 AM   #2
fj100
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearLess View Post
Hi all,

Bit of an urgent one from me, my bonnet won't open on my Pre-LCI 2007 330D E91.

The drivers side (UK) opens fine with the lever but the passenger side won't budge.

I feel like I've tried everything and I'm in a bit of a panic because I'm scared it'll be a cut through the bonnet job and I really don't want that.

I'm 'semi' technical sosomeone suggested going through the wheel arch liner to the 2 cables, did that and the drivers unlocks but the passenger one doesn't at all, so I have a feeling either the cable has snapped, or that the latch is seized.

Someone suggested using a long screwdriver and going through the top corner where the light is but it's so damn tight I can't find the latch at all.

Rang multiple garages who can't fit me in for over a week, and I need the car to get to work and I don't want to drive it on low oil for fear of seizing the engine.

Any and all help is massively appreciated, in a bit of a blind panic at the moment.
I got the same issue as you. By searching online, I found the following method works for me:

1. Remove the tire on driver side and the liner.
2. You will see the two lines cable and pull them or one cable links to the latch on passenger side(the one has issue), then the hood will be opened.
Appreciate 0