E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Expensive Christmas!

12-28-2016, 11:09 AM   #1
RoyceE90
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW e90

Thumbs up Expensive Christmas!

So it's been an expensive Christmas for me, on Thursday my o/s front calliper siezed up so I had to replace that, so that was good before Christmas the day prior to that my clutch stuck down a few times then was fine, so I bled the clutch and was no air so it wasn't that, then my clutch started to play up, feels horrible and is very high and can feel it grinding and is harder to select gear somtimes and occasionally cruches in to gear, so went out today and bought a new slave cylinder 75 down To 50 with a discount code and a Valeo single mass conversion kit 530 down to 350 so have saved a nice bit of money but not what I was wanting, good news is me and a mate are going to install to save the labour at a garage, any easy tips? Good side tho Iv got it booked in to have a custom dual exit rear exhaust made within the next month and have side splitters and led angel eye bulbs waiting to be installed
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2016, 12:12 PM   #2
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

I thought it was darn near impossible to get all the air out of the clutch...never attempted myself, heard that the amount of fluid is minute when compared to the brake reservoir? Are our cars even old enough to have a caliper seize?? (rhetorical question)
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2016, 11:02 PM   #3
ny325
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Jet Black E90

I know your pain OP. Christmas day 2015, i hit a pothole that damaged two Xeon headlight assembly units, one tire, one rim, and one strut. Total around $4,000. That's was a very expensive Christmas gift from the NYC roads.
Appreciate 0