E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Dash Lights coming on and off help me pls!

06-30-2018, 06:45 PM   #1
dreyallday
Rep
Drives: 2007 Bmw 328i

Dash Lights coming on and off help me pls!

It all started when one morning i came out to drive somewhere and my battery died. No doors were open or anything was left on when i left the car. Jumped started the car and then drove fine on first start up. Then when i started the car later everytime that i would accelerate past like 1500 rpm all the dash lights would come on. The brake light, abs, the triangle with exclamation, airbag light, seatbelt light, engine light and also my speedometer woud bounce up and down from 0 to whatever speed im going. Also all the electronics in the car would stop working. Im talking radio,a/c, windows, blinkers, window wipers, sunroof, etc the list goes on.

So i suspected my battery was going out so i had it tested and the results were a bad battery. So i got a new battery, but of course this still did not fix the problem. What else could cause my dashlights and electronics to go on when i accelerate and go off when i deccelerate?
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2018, 06:56 PM   #2
BashShah
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i Sedan

When you replaced the Battery, did you register it or not?

also a known issue is the Battery Cable in e90s.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=820077

as much as your car is having electrical issues, other owners have reported issues with the vehicle and known cause is Battery cable at the battery.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf BMW SI B61 08 11.pdf (170.8 KB, 103 views)
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2018, 07:41 PM   #3
dreyallday
Rep
Drives: 2007 Bmw 328i

I have not registered the battery yet, i was going to try to do that trough the carly app though.

Also im pretty sure that the cable has already been fixed on my car.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2018, 07:37 AM   #4
BashShah
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreyallday View Post
I have not registered the battery yet, i was going to try to do that trough the carly app though.

Also im pretty sure that the cable has already been fixed on my car.
Registering the battery will only make sure the battery is being used properly and charged properly by computer.

If you did register the battery, then it could be either fuse box or DME.
More likely fusebox.

My 2 cents, stop wasting time.
Take it to a reputable dealer and have them diagnose it.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2018, 09:24 AM   #5
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

How did you jumpstart the car?
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 0