E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > bergen county is THE worst place to drive w/ a modded car 3 tickets in 4 weeks

09-24-2009, 01:32 AM   #1
lul77
Lieutenant Colonel
Philippines
Rep
Drives: e92

bergen county is THE worst place to drive w/ a modded car 3 tickets in 4 weeks

this past month i've gotten 3 tickets. 2 for tint and 1 for no plate. during each time i was also threatened w/ additional tickets such as my angel eyes not being DOT spec bc they had a slight shade of blue to them, and having lettering covered on my rear plate (which is the bottom 1/6 of the "Garden State") while my plate numbers are completely visible. such bs.

let me also add that i got pulled over a total of 4 times. i was able to get out of tickets the other two times bc they were w/ in 2 days of previously getting pulled over and i told them i work full time and go to school so i haven't had a chance to remove the tint and the plate bracket is on order from bmw. f'in gay.

btw anyone know any no-holes-plate solutions? i'm leaning towards the swift hide away plate or the skene (sp?) plate

available for photoshoots in NJ/NY area. click links for ::samples:. http://lul77.zenfolio.com/
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2009, 08:02 AM   #2
fizzle
is it the 5oclock free crack giveaway?
United_States
Rep
Drives: a motorized vee-hickle

sorry to hear, but i drive quite often in bergen county and really never get busted. got LUX, no plate and tints. i also dont drive like a douche on local roads, so that may be the reason why they dont get me. (not saying you do lol)
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2009, 08:13 AM   #3
J.P.
Close to bein Bannned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Pussy Magnet

cops are ****.
(that's spelled F-A-G-S)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexye92 View Post
JERRYS MOM= BEST HEAD OF MY LIFE
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2009, 08:13 AM   #4
Alan l.
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 F95 X5M Competition

Pick up some 3M dual locking tape from target or any store that sells stationary stuff. I put two vertical strips down both sides of my plate and have it stuck on my front bumper. No issues and it takes me 2 seconds to pull the front plate off for pics. The strips are semi clear so it doesn't stand out that much but i usually edit them out easily in photoshop

09-24-2009, 08:45 AM   #5
HyperM3
Too many Alex's, from now on, call me Beaufort
United_States
Rep
Drives: See Sig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan l. View Post
Pick up some 3M dual locking tape from target or any store that sells stationary stuff. I put two vertical strips down both sides of my plate and have it stuck on my front bumper. No issues and it takes me 2 seconds to pull the front plate off for pics. The strips are semi clear so it doesn't stand out that much but i usually edit them out easily in photoshop

Yeah but what is that stuff speed rated till? I cant imagine you going on the freeway at 75-80 mph and that stuff holding for too long.
07 335i(gone)
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2009, 08:54 AM   #6
mylydiamy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i e93 convertible

Solution is VERY simple:

1 - Put your license plate on just like everyone else (I am pretty sure that you think that having a BMW give you some priliviges that other don't have)

2 - Keep your tint within legal limits

3 - Have a bracet which does not block your licence plate

4 - Stop crying
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2009, 08:56 AM   #7
HyperM3
Too many Alex's, from now on, call me Beaufort
United_States
Rep
Drives: See Sig

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylydiamy View Post
Solution is VERY simple:

1 - Put your license plate on just like everyone else (I am pretty sure that you think that having a BMW give you some priliviges that other don't have)

4 - Stop crying
07 335i(gone)
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2009, 08:56 AM   #8
lul77
Lieutenant Colonel
Philippines
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzle View Post
sorry to hear, but i drive quite often in bergen county and really never get busted. got LUX, no plate and tints. i also dont drive like a douche on local roads, so that may be the reason why they dont get me. (not saying you do lol)
haha i drive like a grandma round here and seriously had no reason to get pulled over other than the tint and plates. i even got pulled over at 3am once coming from a friend's place WHILE driving 5mph under the speed limit bc i was trying to find a certain street.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan l. View Post

i agree w/ alex..... that doesn't look too sturdy.

i found this that the nsx guys use. its not motorized like the swift plate but it looks a lot cleaner. think it'll fit our cars? bout $100

available for photoshoots in NJ/NY area. click links for ::samples:. http://lul77.zenfolio.com/
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2009, 08:59 AM   #9
RevC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: a couple fast toys

yeah bergen county is beat..cops there want your dough.

SGM e92 335xi|Helix|AFE|AWE|PROCEDE|SYNAPSE|ER|OSS|BMW PERFORMANCE|P3|always growing..
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2009, 09:00 AM   #10
Biddy2
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Solution is VERY simple:

4 - Stop crying
relax
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2009, 09:09 AM   #11
danniexi
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 F97 X3M Comp LCI

Garage List
lyndon,
look at your car. because of the way its aggressively modded, you're just begging to be pulled over... esp with your HID AEs and what not.

but overall, yes the general consensus is that bergen cops are mostly asses. it's quiet in the area so they dont have much to do.

hopefully you get everything resolved and dont run into any issues any time soon.
BMW MY06 E46 325XI - GONE
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2009, 09:12 AM   #12
lul77
Lieutenant Colonel
Philippines
Rep

Quote:
Solution is VERY simple:

4 - Stop crying
1. i don't think having a bmw gives me any special privileges. i don't like how the plate screws w/ the clean look. also read the post. i'm looking for a no-holes-bracket

2. NO front tint is legal in NJ. again it'd look dumb to have no front tint on an almost entirely blacked out car, i don't like how it'd look. living in NJ you should know how much tints help in the summer heat

3. the bracket thing is complete BS bc I have NEVER heard about that before from any cop and was only notified once within the four times i got pulled over this month, excluding the several times before that

4. get pulled over 4 times in 4 weeks and see if you don't get pissed. and if you're gonna be a jerk there isn't much need to post.

5. this isn't a thread about neon lights or a ticket for speeding. it's to let other members know to be extra careful driving in bergen county and to allow me to vent a little. don't start a thread about saying how ppl are disrespectful on this forum and then make a similar comment to the ones you complained about. a lil bit of hypocrisy there bro

Appreciate 0
      09-24-2009, 09:15 AM   #13
RevC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: a couple fast toys

well said.

anyway, is this your first tint ticket in a while? im getting mine done finally today

and DOT SPEC AE's? wtf.

SGM e92 335xi|Helix|AFE|AWE|PROCEDE|SYNAPSE|ER|OSS|BMW PERFORMANCE|P3|always growing..
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2009, 09:17 AM   #14
Alan l.
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 F95 X5M Competition

I don't know about the coupes but if the entire plate is placed against the flat bumper with no overhang then this stuff is plenty strong to hold the plate. I've had it on my car up to triple digit speeds without it even moving at all. It only costs a few bucks so worth a shot. Its up to you.

I originally had two vertical strips and one horizontal strip. It was so tight it was even hard for me to remove the plate off the car without bending the crap out of the plate just to give you an idea of how strong this stuff is.
      09-24-2009, 09:18 AM   #15
PNF
Colonel
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 15' YMB F80 M3

tough luck.. I drive in bergen county fairly often too, but so far so good~

Around edgewater, englewood, fort lee, hackensack, garden state plaze, you know, etc~

I have 20% all around.. (but I do have a PA plate, not sure if thats why I dont get pulled over for tint?)

sorry to hear man.

2008 E92 335i (sold)
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2009, 09:23 AM   #16
mylydiamy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i e93 convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by lul77 View Post
1. i don't think having a bmw gives me any special privileges. i don't like how the plate screws w/ the clean look

2. NO front tint is legal in NJ. again it'd look dumb to have no front tint on an almost entirely blacked out car, i don't like how it'd look. living in NJ you should know how much tints help in the summer heat

3. the bracket thing is complete BS bc I have NEVER heard about that before from any cop and was only notified once within the four times i got pulled over this month, excluding the several times before that

4. get pulled over 4 times in 4 weeks and see if you don't get pissed. and if you're gonna be a jerk there isn't much need to post.

5. this isn't a thread about neon lights or a ticket for speeding. it's to let other members know to be extra careful driving in bergen county and to allow me to vent a little. don't start a thread about saying how ppl are disrespectful on this forum and then make a similar comment to the ones you complained about. a lil bit of hypocrisy there bro

To make long story short, we live in a world where you have to accept the consequences of the risk you take. You knew the risk when you did NOT install your license plate or tinted your front windows BECAUSE OF CLEAN LOOK. I am guessing you are no older than 25 from the way you think. So grow up and learn to accept the consequences of your actions.

I always drive over speed limit (but don't do stupid/risky things). But when I get cougth for speeding I don't cry about it because I knew it was illegal and took the risk. You do the same...
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2009, 09:39 AM   #17
Biddy2
Banned
Rep

Quote:
To make long story short, we live in a world where you have to accept the consequences of the risk you take. You knew the risk when you did NOT install your license plate or tinted your front windows BECAUSE OF CLEAN LOOK. I am guessing you are no older than 25 from the way you think. So grow up and learn to accept the consequences of your actions.

I always drive over speed limit (but don't do stupid/risky things). But when I get cougth for speeding I don't cry about it because I knew it was illegal and took the risk. You do the same...
hey grandpa relax, he is not CRYING about it, he was just letting us know what happened to him, since US here are pretty much family, excluding you!
he is also warning us about the area! We all know the consequences of not having a front plate and tints! So if you dont have anything nice or helpful to say then dont say shit!

BTW, sorry about the the tickets Lyndon
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2009, 10:03 AM   #18
i own an e90
chief general
Rep
Drives: e90 white on black manual 6spd

thta sux bro ...i know 2 state trooper cops ... u know how hard state troopers are getting away with tickets...lolz...ive gotten away two speeding tickets on gsp ..... cuz one of them is a chief...i just dont like driving through edgewater around starbucks where everyone in the dam world hangs out and civics making a scene reving their cars up..
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2009, 10:04 AM   #19
MyE92
El Presidente
United_States
Rep
Drives: your mom wild.

Quote:
Solution is VERY simple:

4 - Stop crying
Quote:

Wsup with this guy? You must be the new guy on here....
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2009, 10:08 AM   #20
i own an e90
chief general
Rep
Drives: e90 white on black manual 6spd

even if he's new..he shouldn't be saying that if he wants to have a good reputation in here .....lolz IMO
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2009, 10:15 AM   #21
Biddy2
Banned
Rep

by the way.....

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=257077

talk about hypocrisy
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2009, 10:24 AM   #22
danniexi
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 F97 X3M Comp LCI

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNF View Post
I have 20% all around.. (but I do have a PA plate, not sure if thats why I dont get pulled over for tint?)
your car is registered under PA. nj cops have no jurisdiction over tint/no plate laws.

that said i got 35% tints. so far i've been lucky. sucks that i have to LIVE in bergen county.
BMW MY06 E46 325XI - GONE
Appreciate 0