E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Use caution when purchasing from Bmanny!

06-19-2010, 07:31 PM   #67
X1 Trojan
Go Dodgers?
Rep
Drives: '13 BSM X1 xdrive35i Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy 69 View Post
Does that mean that the seller himself should take pics of the packaging process? I understand where you're coming from, but how else could the item have been damaged unless it was damaged prior to shipping.
umm lol. Ever heard of filing an insurance claim on a damaged shipment?

Doesn't this happen thousands of times a day. Fed Ex, UPS, DHL etc. are run by humans. Humans make mistakes and drop stuff lol.
      06-19-2010, 07:33 PM   #68
Bmanny
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Beamer

shady hmm ? like slim shady? karma.? so because the item came damage its my fault and ME being the SELLER should of insured it when u didnt pay for it or mention it! Like the situation is a fucked up situation but take some responsibility you didnt confirm with me about insurance, and i sure as hell didnt want it to come damage to create a nightmare for me as a seller like i have other parts to sell dude. but you went into attack mode as soon as it came damage and i didnt repsond to your pm's within 5 secs . you started to attack .
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2010, 08:25 PM   #69
Synergy 69
www.facebook.com/Synergy69
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW E92 335I MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmanny View Post
shady hmm ? like slim shady? karma.? so because the item came damage its my fault and ME being the SELLER should of insured it when u didnt pay for it or mention it! Like the situation is a fucked up situation but take some responsibility you didnt confirm with me about insurance, and i sure as hell didnt want it to come damage to create a nightmare for me as a seller like i have other parts to sell dude. but you went into attack mode as soon as it came damage and i didnt repsond to your pm's within 5 secs . you started to attack .

no use trying to worm your way out of this one.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2010, 08:26 PM   #70
Synergy 69
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335 Trojan View Post
umm lol. Ever heard of filing an insurance claim on a damaged shipment?

Doesn't this happen thousands of times a day. Fed Ex, UPS, DHL etc. are run by humans. Humans make mistakes and drop stuff lol.
you obviously haven't been following the situation very closely. He had a 3rd party handle the packaging and shipping. I've tried contacting that shithole of a company with no luck.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2010, 08:29 PM   #71
X1 Trojan
Go Dodgers?
Rep
Drives: '13 BSM X1 xdrive35i Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy 69 View Post
you obviously haven't been following the situation very closely. He had a 3rd party handle the packaging and shipping. I've tried contacting that shithole of a company with no luck.
you caught me lol.

well that sucks then, hope this gets resolved.
      06-19-2010, 08:45 PM   #72
blue2fire
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Both of you messed up but i would particularly highlight the incompetence of the buyer: If you were hounding this guy for a month, you would have exchanged millions of IM's trying to get him to ship it and you forgot shipping insurance on even a single one of those?

Plus, writing nasty PM's (Some that only say "What your number?"), starting Paypal disputes and posting all over without giving him time to respond or negotiate on the way to compensate you will wipe out any goodwill a normal seller would have to "Make it Right".

BMW CCA
Member #420568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Murray View Post
Being a fan of Honda engines, I requested that they consider building for the F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up with a BMW engine.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2010, 06:08 AM   #73
Synergy 69
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2fire View Post
Both of you messed up but i would particularly highlight the incompetence of the buyer: If you were hounding this guy for a month, you would have exchanged millions of IM's trying to get him to ship it and you forgot shipping insurance on even a single one of those?

Plus, writing nasty PM's (Some that only say "What your number?"), starting Paypal disputes and posting all over without giving him time to respond or negotiate on the way to compensate you will wipe out any goodwill a normal seller would have to "Make it Right".
Seriously??? I never wrote this guy any nasty PMs. How did you get conned into thinking that this guy is the victim in this situation. In fact this guy started blocking my PMs to avoid further contact with me thus causing me to put this out in a public thread calling him out to fix the situation. This guy had a chance to make things right and he didn't. Please go back and read every single thing that this POS has written ever me before you make that quick judgement call.

However, let's take a step back and examine your statements. So by your reasoning; this excuses Bmanny from his responsibility as a seller to makes things right? This guy took my money and ran and that's the simple truth of it.

This is what it boils down to. He advertised a product. I did not receive the product as advertised. I am by no ways cheap especially when it comes to my BMW. Bmanny claimed that he spent too much on shipping already and couldn't spring for the measly $30 for shipping insurance after the fact.

Last edited by Synergy 69; 06-20-2010 at 06:42 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2010, 10:35 AM   #74
lpphreakx06
Professional Moose Racer
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: SG 335i E92 RIP + 2015 SS M3

Do you have any PM's showing that you request insurance and him denying to buy it for you? As a buyer you need to make it clear.

BMW Dream Team PNW Chapter, member #1
|HP Autowerks | AR DESIGN | BMW PERFORMANCE | STOP TECH | Volk Racing| AMS | ARKYM
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2010, 12:35 PM   #75
Bmanny
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

He never mentioned insurance !!! EVER . he just said '' i will compensate for packing and shipping cost '' '' im sure fedex/ups can build a box for you'' i told him ''fedex/ups wont make me a box that big i will have to try a freight company''
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2010, 01:11 PM   #76
XiaoDeeDeee
Banned
Rep
Drives: e95 399is

Quote:
He never mentioned insurance !!! EVER . he just said '' i will compensate for packing and shipping cost '' '' im sure fedex/ups can build a box for you'' i told him ''fedex/ups wont make me a box that big i will have to try a freight company''
Your liability does not end with the carrier. It ends when it arrives at the Buyer's residence in the condition you advertised and thus expressly warranted. Being a private seller does not disclaim your liability either. This is no different from receiving a damaged product from Amazon and demanding a replacement.

That said, if you guys both kept your Paypal balances empty (it's too late now since dispute filed = Paypal constricting accounts) theoretically you both may be in a situation wherein Seller keeps his money since Paypal has no funds to take, Buyer receives chargeback through CC + gets windfall of a free trunk. Paypal loses on both ends.

The consequence is that both your Paypal accounts may be frozen forever if not resolved.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2010, 01:14 PM   #77
bulldog_yyc
Major General
Rep
Drives: GT3RS

Quote:
the fact that you blocked the buyer without responding to his concerns puts you in a questionable position. You aren't putting in any effort to deal with the shipping company to make things right or assist in resolving the situation. The guy sent you a good wack of cash for a trunk and now you are just turning your back on him and kicking him to the curb - really? Grow a set of balls and man up
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2010, 02:10 PM   #78
Marcumac
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i

Garage List
2014 BMW M235i  [0.00]
Bmanny, your sentences are almost completely incoherent, but that's beside the point. You should fully compensate Synergy, as in send him the money back and he in turn will ship the damaged item back to you. YOU then should have to deal with your sketchy ass shipping company.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2010, 02:38 PM   #79
Bmanny
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

i hope this thread helps the buyer.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2010, 11:12 AM   #80
matrix76
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 Z4 M40i Black/Red

It's a NO BRAINER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcumac View Post
Bmanny, your sentences are almost completely incoherent, but that's beside the point. You should fully compensate Synergy, as in send him the money back and he in turn will ship the damaged item back to you. YOU then should have to deal with your sketchy ass shipping company.
+1, , 100% ,

Bmanny, you have done very little to resolve this issue but a lot to hide from it. You can quit pushing the "PayPal Claim" deal because it was a private sale and YOU know they with not be investigating it so cut that crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XiaoDeeDeee View Post
Your liability does not end with the carrier. It ends when it arrives at the Buyer's residence in the condition you advertised and thus expressly warranted. Being a private seller does not disclaim your liability either. This is no different from receiving a damaged product from Amazon and demanding a replacement.
You know that if this happened to you that you'd be pursing it the same way. You, as the seller, just need to be the bigger man here and make this right. IMO insurance did not even need to be discused, it would have been a NO BRAINER to put it on an item like that.

Appreciate 0
      06-21-2010, 01:12 PM   #81
jaguar36
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpphreakx06 View Post
Do you have any PM's showing that you request insurance and him denying to buy it for you? As a buyer you need to make it clear.
I disagree, its the seller's responsibility to see that it gets to the buyer in good condition, that means making sure it is packaged properly, as well as insuring it if need be. The whole nasty PM/blocking/not asking for insurance/paypal disputing is all irrelevant its the sellers responsibility to make sure the item gets to the buyer in the condition indicated in the sale.

Bmanny should step up and make this right, whether that means paying for a repair, or taking the item back and refunding Synergy's money.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2010, 01:18 PM   #82
matrix76
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguar36 View Post
I disagree, its the seller's responsibility to see that it gets to the buyer in good condition, that means making sure it is packaged properly, as well as insuring it if need be. The whole nasty PM/blocking/not asking for insurance/paypal disputing is all irrelevant its the sellers responsibility to make sure the item gets to the buyer in the condition indicated in the sale.

Bmanny should step up and make this right, whether that means paying for a repair, or taking the item back and refunding Synergy's money.
+1 for sure, deal with it Bmanny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! , , be a man , ,

Appreciate 0
      06-21-2010, 01:19 PM   #83
XiaoDeeDeee
Banned
Rep
Drives: e95 399is

Quote:
Originally Posted by XiaoDeeDeee View Post

That said, if you guys both kept your Paypal balances empty (it's too late now since dispute filed = Paypal constricting accounts) theoretically you both may be in a situation wherein Seller keeps his money since Paypal has no funds to take, Buyer receives chargeback through CC + gets windfall of a free trunk. Paypal loses on both ends.

The consequence is that both your Paypal accounts may be frozen forever if not resolved.
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix76 View Post
You know that if this happened to you that you'd be pursing it the same way. You, as the seller, just need to be the bigger man here and make this right. IMO insurance did not even need to be discused, it would have been a NO BRAINER to put it on an item like that.

I'm not sure you understood my post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguar36 View Post

This is what my post meant, in layman's terms I guess...
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2010, 02:48 PM   #84
Synergy 69
United_States
Rep

Let's put legality aside and talk about basic human decency. Ask yourself would you like to be treated this way. If I was in the seller's situation, I would be making every effort possible to come to a fair solution instead of sticking it to him and then hiding as well as not making it possible for communication.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2010, 09:27 AM   #85
SlammedR8
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i/2020 R8 V10 Spyder

So how did this turn out?

For the record...I bought a set of 21" wheels off bmanny. Im in Toronto, and he is in New York. He agreed to deliver them to my uncle in New Jersey. My uncle gave him the money and I had a private trucking company pick them up for me and deliver them to my house the next day. Rims were exactly as he told me, they are mint. Couldn't be happier with my purchase.
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Spyder 6MT - Ascari Blue/Black
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2010, 10:27 AM   #86
Synergy 69
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by slammedm3 View Post
So how did this turn out?

For the record...I bought a set of 21" wheels off bmanny. Im in Toronto, and he is in New York. He agreed to deliver them to my uncle in New Jersey. My uncle gave him the money and I had a private trucking company pick them up for me and deliver them to my house the next day. Rims were exactly as he told me, they are mint. Couldn't be happier with my purchase.
He still has not contacted me or made any effort to be a stand up guy. I'm just sitting here with a damaged trunk. =/
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2010, 11:03 AM   #87
matrix76
Major
Rep

Quote:
i hope this thread helps the buyer.
Only YOU can make this right, make your mother proud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Appreciate 0
      07-03-2010, 01:02 PM   #88
Synergy 69
United_States
Rep

I'm surprised that none of the moderators have intervened nor have they even replied to my PMs for help. =/ I thought they were here to protect our community.
Appreciate 0