E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Centaurus Leader - should be departing 12/22/06

01-12-2007, 10:45 AM   #67
Shades80
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 09 E89 Z4 S drive 3.5i

Kodiak

Thanks for the update...a few more days is ok i guess..would rather they not rush at the port as that is usually the place cars ar damaged..i can remember my friends Lexus G that was damaged at the port of entry..they fixed it of course as it was paint and body damage to the fender but you never know exactly what happened and if it was fixed properly..sort of unsettling..dealer had to disclose this fact to the new owner but did ask if he wanted to order another car..which he did not as he was had been waiting for it for over a month..anyway...i want my baby perfect and ready!!!:rocks:
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2007, 11:01 AM   #68
FIREBALLER
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 Coupe--yeah baby!

Garage List
07 335 coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodiak
funny you should ask... i've been expecting an update to be made on the Port Hueneme schedule since yesterday and they just pushed it out a few minutes ago.

the Centaurus Leader is a couple of days behind schedule. the schedule is at:

http://www.portofhueneme.org/documen...LSCHED_004.pdf

this shows the tin can unloading on 1/17 instead of 1/15. crap! interestingly, it now shows only 1870 BMW units to be unloaded - it had grown from that number to 2050 in between the 12/28 and 1/4 updates.

in any case, its definitely a little behind. unfortunately, i can't see anything on the free side of AISLive while its coming up the coast so we're blind until it arrives near LA/Long Beach. no more BMW ships are on that schedule until the Alioth Leader on 1/28 - i don't know if that is good or bad for having the VPC be quick with the turn around on getting them onto trucks.

i just hope for no more delays!
I guess they lost a few cars along the way! .........lets hope we dont have any weather issues now.....

Appreciate 0
      01-12-2007, 06:23 PM   #69
beemah
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche Cayman S

all will be fine folks, there is always hope
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2007, 06:44 PM   #70
kodiak
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shades80
Thanks for the update...a few more days is ok i guess..would rather they not rush at the port as that is usually the place cars ar damaged..i can remember my friends Lexus G that was damaged at the port of entry..they fixed it of course as it was paint and body damage to the fender but you never know exactly what happened and if it was fixed properly..sort of unsettling..dealer had to disclose this fact to the new owner but did ask if he wanted to order another car..which he did not as he was had been waiting for it for over a month..anyway...i want my baby perfect and ready!!!:rocks:
i most definitely agree.

this tracking gets us focusing on our own impatience. in the end, we want a pristine baby to come to us with a lot of TLC all along the way! then we can when we're ready. :rocks:

Ordered 12/2/2006, picked up 1/22/2007.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2007, 06:51 PM   #71
kodiak
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIREBALLER
I guess they lost a few cars along the way! .........lets hope we dont have any weather issues now.....
yeah - i was wondering about that. i don't know how accurate the numbers are supposed to be on their schedule; i expect its just an indicator of approximate numbers.

lets hope for clear sailing and a mighty tailwind!

Appreciate 0
      01-14-2007, 01:10 PM   #72
FIREBALLER
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
07 335 coupe  [0.00]
Ughh the wait is terrible:mad: .....if the ship docks on the 17th...how long until the cars are on a truck on the way home?

Appreciate 0
      01-14-2007, 05:34 PM   #73
kodiak
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Ughh the wait is terrible:mad:
i SO agree that yesterday i had to go for another "test" drive at a dealership to get it out of my system. it was a blast but i'm not sure whether it helped in the end - i'm still thinking about it ALL the time!!

Quote:
.....if the ship docks on the 17th...how long until the cars are on a truck on the way home?
i think there are way too many factors (first or last off ship, how many cars on the ship, full truck going toward your dealership, etc) in the process to make any definite guesses. here is an interesting write up of the VPC from a couple of years ago:

http://www.autospies.com/news/Did-yo...-factory-1348/

it says the VPC can process about 400 cars per day. if there are 1870 cars on the ship then it will take at least 4-5 days to get through them all. if you're in the first group then you're golden; if not, well that would really suck. priority one cars (non-ED sold cars) are apparently done first so most of us tracking here should be in that situation. it would be interesting to know if they load the ship in such a way that the P1 cars get unloaded first - my guess would be that they get sorted out between unloading and the VPC.

my dealership has said they usually run 5-7 days after the ship docks before delivery to them. i remember one in a recent thread that was delivered to seattle on the third day after the ship docked/unloaded though. considering the drive from oxnard to seattle is quite a bit of that time, i found that particularly impressive and hopeful - especially, since i'm about 5 hours closer to oxnard.

here's another link that describes the unloading and VPC process. its even older than the previous link but has lots of good information.

http://www.offworld.com/e46/images.html

and here is a google maps link to the VPC address:

http://www.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en...31157&t=h&om=1

the port is maybe a mile west from there.

enjoy.

Appreciate 0
      01-14-2007, 10:45 PM   #74
FIREBALLER
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
07 335 coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
i SO agree that yesterday i had to go for another "test" drive at a dealership to get it out of my system. it was a blast but i'm not sure whether it helped in the end - i'm still thinking about it ALL the time!!

i think there are way too many factors (first or last off ship, how many cars on the ship, full truck going toward your dealership, etc) in the process to make any definite guesses. here is an interesting write up of the VPC from a couple of years ago:

http://www.autospies.com/news/Did-yo...-factory-1348/

it says the VPC can process about 400 cars per day. if there are 1870 cars on the ship then it will take at least 4-5 days to get through them all. if you're in the first group then you're golden; if not, well that would really suck. priority one cars (non-ED sold cars) are apparently done first so most of us tracking here should be in that situation. it would be interesting to know if they load the ship in such a way that the P1 cars get unloaded first - my guess would be that they get sorted out between unloading and the VPC.

my dealership has said they usually run 5-7 days after the ship docks before delivery to them. i remember one in a recent thread that was delivered to seattle on the third day after the ship docked/unloaded though. considering the drive from oxnard to seattle is quite a bit of that time, i found that particularly impressive and hopeful - especially, since i'm about 5 hours closer to oxnard.

here's another link that describes the unloading and VPC process. its even older than the previous link but has lots of good information.

http://www.offworld.com/e46/images.html

and here is a google maps link to the VPC address:

http://www.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en...31157&t=h&om=1

the port is maybe a mile west from there.

enjoy.
When u look close enough on the map...you can see all the unprepped BMW's :rocks:

Appreciate 0
      01-15-2007, 12:54 AM   #75
OrangeCounty949
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i Coupe

That info makes me hopeful too since I'm picking mine up just down the freeway in Long Beach...this is going to be a long week...
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2007, 04:44 PM   #76
Shades80
Enlisted Member
Rep

so close

My CA states will dock today or tomorrow and be at the dealer as early this Saturday 01/20....so freakin excited...anybody get other update?s?
Lexus IS F SGM/Black/Alum 08 - present
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2007, 09:01 PM   #77
OrangeCounty949
Enlisted Member
Rep

I don't know...the schedule still says Wednesday the 17th...but the schedule was last updated on the 11th. Is there an updated schedule somewhere?
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2007, 09:10 PM   #78
Shades80
Enlisted Member
Rep

not sure...CA may have been looking at an old schedule...
Lexus IS F SGM/Black/Alum 08 - present
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2007, 09:45 PM   #79
FIREBALLER
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
07 335 coupe  [0.00]
A Long week for sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shades80
not sure...CA may have been looking at an old schedule...
I agree, My CA told me the same thing......boat should dock today or tomorrow...it seems like old info. According to the CA if it docks tomorrow, realistically it should arrive in Phoenix next Monday or Tuesday. VPC takes ~2-5 days

Appreciate 0
      01-15-2007, 10:45 PM   #80
kodiak
Private
United_States
Rep

hi folks,

well, the ship just arrived in the area around Long Beach/Port Hueneme this evening so i expect it is on track for getting unloaded on 1/17. i think the schedule at the Port Hueneme web site is the most up to date information we have available. most of the other NYKLine ships following this path have made a stop off in Long Beach before heading to Port Hueneme. my guess is that anything from the CA's won't be very accurate until it gets unloaded and through the VPC and possibly not until it gets loaded on a truck.

here's the AISLive image from a few moments ago that shows in near LB/PH.

this will definitely be an interesting week...

enjoy.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-16-2007, 01:15 AM   #81
OrangeCounty949
Enlisted Member
Rep

Ugh! The anxiety...

I wonder if I'll get mine by Friday since I went to the Long Beach dealer...
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2007, 04:41 PM   #82
kodiak
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCounty949
Ugh! The anxiety...

I wonder if I'll get mine by Friday since I went to the Long Beach dealer...
argh! since we're blind for now and the centaurus leader isn't showing up on the AISLive site at all i hope its docked and either unloading or waiting to do so. the schedule for today at the port had about 1800 hyundai, kia and mitsubishis being unloaded so i would expect its waiting near port somewhere.

any of our local shipmates want to go up and inspect for us?

seriously, since we know its in the area and they should be getting onto trucks soon and off to us. just a little longer... argh!

Appreciate 0
      01-16-2007, 08:46 PM   #83
FIREBALLER
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
07 335 coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
argh! since we're blind for now and the centaurus leader isn't showing up on the AISLive site at all i hope its docked and either unloading or waiting to do so. the schedule for today at the port had about 1800 hyundai, kia and mitsubishis being unloaded so i would expect its waiting near port somewhere.

any of our local shipmates want to go up and inspect for us?

seriously, since we know its in the area and they should be getting onto trucks soon and off to us. just a little longer... argh!

i swear I am trying to keep the eagerness at bay....Doesn't it feel like Christmas eve when you were 5 years old?!

It feels like that old G35 coupe commercial where the guy driving remembers playing with hotwheels when he was a kid......pure driving passion!

Appreciate 0
      01-16-2007, 09:35 PM   #84
Zoeb@WheelDude.com
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 (e92), X5 (E70), 428i (F32)

Garage List
1995 BMW M3  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [8.00]
Kodiak, why can't you be on our ship??

We need tracking!!
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2007, 10:33 PM   #85
kodiak
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
i swear I am trying to keep the eagerness at bay....Doesn't it feel like Christmas eve when you were 5 years old?!

It feels like that old G35 coupe commercial where the guy driving remembers playing with hotwheels when he was a kid......pure driving passion!

i SO feel that way! only a few days now... argh!

oh, and i did catch the centaurus leader moving again this evening. you can't really pick it out in the image but as long as the name shows up it means its either under way now or was within the recent past. its been showing up for the last hour or so.

so, its on its way to port hueneme now and our obsessions will be rolling off to be prettied up for us soon!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-16-2007, 10:44 PM   #86
kodiak
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoeb2s
Kodiak, why can't you be on our ship??

We need tracking!!
thanks for the compliment! if i was just now tracking my ship i'd be a complete mess. its bad enough knowing i only have a few more days to wait.

it looks like you folks have a good thread going for yours Maersk Tide - at least you are on a WW ship so you can get a better idea of when it will hit the panama canal. if you look through our thread there's quite a bit of good info on the panama canal operation and webcams if you want to catch it going through.

good luck!

Appreciate 0
      01-16-2007, 10:48 PM   #87
Zoeb@WheelDude.com
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 (e92), X5 (E70), 428i (F32)

Garage List
1995 BMW M3  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [8.00]
Quote:
thanks for the compliment! if i was just now tracking my ship i'd be a complete mess. its bad enough knowing i only have a few more days to wait.

it looks like you folks have a good thread going for yours Maersk Tide - at least you are on a WW ship so you can get a better idea of when it will hit the panama canal. if you look through our thread there's quite a bit of good info on the panama canal operation and webcams if you want to catch it going through.

good luck!

yup, i'll be going through this thread for info on our boat as it gets closer to the Panama canal.

The WW website shows that it docks @ port hueneme on the 27th and the boat leaves on the 28th, but the port hueneme website shows that it is supposed to unload on the 30th so i'm not sure what to go by.

I guess i'll see as it gets closer.

Your links are very helpful and look forward to using them within a few days!
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2007, 11:14 PM   #88
kodiak
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
yup, i'll be going through this thread for info on our boat as it gets closer to the Panama canal.

The WW website shows that it docks @ port hueneme on the 27th and the boat leaves on the 28th, but the port hueneme website shows that it is supposed to unload on the 30th so i'm not sure what to go by.

I guess i'll see as it gets closer.
i found that the port hueneme website gets updated late on thursday or early on friday each week. i would guess the WW website has better information at this point than the port until it gets really close or at least a few days past the panama canal. then, the port schedule will be more accurate since the ships have to work with the port to coordinate docking and unloading, etc.

Quote:
Your links are very helpful and look forward to using them within a few days!
post #24 in particular has some good links for the Panama Canal. and in post #42, FIREBALLER found another set of webcams that i used to create the videos. that should get you pretty far along - have fun!

Appreciate 0