E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Do Not Buy From Prior-design!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'l Tell You Why

11-03-2011, 09:31 AM   #67
ceb
NHTSA Nazi
Rep
Drives: 335ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS82 View Post
Actually both are spelled correctly: gray = American English, grey = British English.
I guess not everyone knows that
Yep - he appears to an Anglophobe and doesn't understand that there are people whose native tongue is not US English.

I wonder what foreign languages he speaks.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2011, 09:45 AM   #68
edwarde92
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13' 535i

this is not cool at all man
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2011, 09:52 AM   #69
nkadisha
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: N54 335

Wow such a burn at the price you paid, good luck getting this sorted out
      11-03-2011, 10:05 AM   #70
ceb
NHTSA Nazi
Rep

Back on target.

If I were the OP then I would write the seller a registered letter outlining the problems, including pictures and asking for a specific remedy.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2011, 06:16 PM   #71
China Ze
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E93 335I

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceb View Post
Back on target.

If I were the OP then I would write the seller a registered letter outlining the problems, including pictures and asking for a specific remedy.
i did. i send them a lot of email and pictures, but nothing comes back
i think i will give them a call some days
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2011, 08:02 PM   #72
electro-house
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i coupe

Why don't you dispute the charge? Surely sounds like something a phone call to Visa and opening a chargeback can resolve.

I assume you made a 6,000 Euro payment with something other than cash, and you can dispute the charge.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2011, 08:18 PM   #73
ceb
NHTSA Nazi
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by China Ze View Post
i did. i send them a lot of email and pictures, but nothing comes back
i think i will give them a call some days
Try and old school registered letter.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2011, 09:10 PM   #74
Escay
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Pedal Powered Bicycle

It definately sucks. Thats alot of cash for such poor workman ship and service.

IMO If I was you, I'd post anywhere and everywhere like you have here, A) to warn more people, B) to get their attention.

Also I think you should go so far as to send your story to any sort on auto media, like the bigger tuner blogs or something, maybe someone else will feel for you and write up a story, that would force them to pay you some attention and help with a better solution.

The way I see it you've got nothing else to lose, you've already paid the cash and the outlook seems pretty grim atm. You should go all out.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2011, 09:26 PM   #75
E90MCF
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 06' AW E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteFlood View Post
Why don't you dispute the charge? Surely sounds like something a phone call to Visa and opening a chargeback can resolve.

I assume you made a 6,000 Euro payment with something other than cash, and you can dispute the charge.

Some of you must really dislike reading. . .

I'd say you didn't know how to read, but how would you know what went down but at the same time. . . he clearly said he paid via bank transfer if I remember correctly. *scratches head*

- OEM Blacklines - 3M Di-Noc Matte Dry Carbon Vinyl Roof - 19x8.5/19x9.5 Miro M6 Replica 'Time Attack' - 17x8 OEM Style 159 Spider Spoke - Matte Black Grills - LED Interior Kit - License Plate LEDs - CF Roundels/Wheel Caps -
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2011, 12:07 AM   #76
China Ze
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escay View Post
It definately sucks. Thats alot of cash for such poor workman ship and service.

IMO If I was you, I'd post anywhere and everywhere like you have here, A) to warn more people, B) to get their attention.

Also I think you should go so far as to send your story to any sort on auto media, like the bigger tuner blogs or something, maybe someone else will feel for you and write up a story, that would force them to pay you some attention and help with a better solution.

The way I see it you've got nothing else to lose, you've already paid the cash and the outlook seems pretty grim atm. You should go all out.
i'l try that on the weekend
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2011, 05:32 PM   #77
singh21
Banned
England
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Have you tried contacting Prior design Head office in Germany?
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2011, 07:02 PM   #78
aykim2188
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '09 e92 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M3THOD View Post
I'm so confused by this thread that I don't know where to begin. First of all.. neither one of you seems to speak english as your first language making communication damn near impossible.

The images provided that are supposed to look "clean" are some of the worst fitting pieces of body kit I have ever seen, the f'ing paint match is even off.

Second of all, who lets a company in another country take 6k from them and is so laid back about the situation that basically they almost facilitate themselves getting screwed.

I feel sorry for the OP, but honestly it almost seems like your lack of action with the situation allowed them to do this. Its despicable what they did to you, plain and simple.. but how can you let your money just go float out there with nothing more than a half assed agreement and some broken communication?

m-tech front & sides | jbspeed CF splitters| painted reflectors | black kidneys | dinan strut bar | bmw performance exhaust | bmw performance power kit | bbs rg-r
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2011, 02:45 AM   #79
e92ben
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 BMW 635csi

6k euros you could have went oem parts lmao!! Wow hahaha

e92 ///M3
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2011, 05:16 AM   #80
China Ze
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by singh21 View Post
Have you tried contacting Prior design Head office in Germany?

i though the email is their head officer email
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2011, 06:26 AM   #81
singh21
Banned
England
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

that really is disgraceful from them
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2011, 03:48 AM   #82
China Ze
Enlisted Member
Rep

nothing got back yet....
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2011, 04:35 AM   #83
China Ze
Enlisted Member
Rep

sounds like they'v got 5 people in the company
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2011, 04:56 AM   #84
speedfan
Major
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomis_nehc View Post
Okay, I hate to say this, but there are a lot of morons here posting useless shit. Sure, both parties' English is difficult to understand, that's fine. It's neither of their first language, and unfortunately, it's the medium they have to communicate to each other with. But on that same note, what was discussed is simple and easy to understand enough.

The buyer asked about fitment, the seller said it's good. The buyer asked about delivery date, the seller said it'll be shipped in days. What the f' is so hard to understand about that is beyond me.

As for the guy "taking a laid back" attitude about this. I don't know about you, but from what's inferred, it seems like the buyer is probably a busy guy that makes serious money (enough to go drop 5 digits on body kit), and people like that usually holds expectation on people and not worry about the minor details.

For what it's worth, it's not as if Prior is a unknown company either. The buyer looked around for reviews and other feedback, and did not find any red flags. Not only that, learning that Prior's products are often exhibited in shows and whatnot probably made him feel safe about buying from them.

All in all, I can't fault the buyer at all. Prior f'ed up big time, and they need to make this right. They did not deliver any of the commitment that they promised to the buyer.
+10000

China Ze, I'm sorry for what happened to you man.

I'm also from overseas & buying stuff for my car from the States so I know exactly how you feel.
Hope things work out for you!

Frozen Grey. Dry CF Roof. Vorsteiner Double Sided CF Boot Lid. OSS. BMW Performance Aero Kit. BMW Performance CF Diffuser Cover. BMW Performance CF Trim. Robson Design Steering Wheel. Advan RS. Michelin PSS. H&R Touring Cup Kit. BMW Performance Brakes. Eisenmann Race Rear Muffler. ESS Directflash
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2011, 05:08 AM   #85
Tuesday
Frequent Flyer
Rep
Drives: 535LCI

I have been doing business in Germany since 2007 and have never witnessed such disregard. Although a dismissive attitude is very common to come across in Europe, Germany has very strict rules about misrepresentation and improper business conduct.

The bank transfer that seems to alarm everyone is something most don't understand. Payments of high dollar amounts are almost always handled via transfer because they don't use 'debit' cards like you may assume (Germans use 'EC' cards for every day purchases when cash isn't an option). Even credit cards are pretty uncommon.

From what I know about Germans (I was married to one and lived in Berlin for quite a while) this last email seems like you got their attention. I almost wonder if the other emails were dismissed because they came to the wrong assumption that you are a trouble customer. The Germans can be very helpful if they do not feel pressured into helping. I always laugh at my colleagues because when we check into hotels; the staff start off very polite with them - but after they ask for a myriad of extra's (like pillows, wifi codes, wake up calls, corrections on room-service orders) the quality and speed of service rapidly declines.

My advice to you at this point is to be VERY direct and consistent with them. Adhere to the request for TUV paperwork and make sure you describe to them EXACTLY your issue in every email - do not assume they will read through the old emails to keep up to speed. If possible, enlist the help of a native English or German speaker to compose a properly formatted complaint to the company. Explain that you will no longer tolerate these delay tactics without preparing to make a formal complaint to the 'Verbraucherzentrale' (this will get their attention).

Good luck in this, I hope you get it sorted out. While this may be an isolated and extreme case for Prior Design, I have to admit I will definitely think twice before buying anything from them. I think you did the right thing sharing this information with us.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2011, 12:43 AM   #86
China Ze
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by itschase View Post
I have been doing business in Germany since 2007 and have never witnessed such disregard. Although a dismissive attitude is very common to come across in Europe, Germany has very strict rules about misrepresentation and improper business conduct.

The bank transfer that seems to alarm everyone is something most don't understand. Payments of high dollar amounts are almost always handled via transfer because they don't use 'debit' cards like you may assume (Germans use 'EC' cards for every day purchases when cash isn't an option). Even credit cards are pretty uncommon.

From what I know about Germans (I was married to one and lived in Berlin for quite a while) this last email seems like you got their attention. I almost wonder if the other emails were dismissed because they came to the wrong assumption that you are a trouble customer. The Germans can be very helpful if they do not feel pressured into helping. I always laugh at my colleagues because when we check into hotels; the staff start off very polite with them - but after they ask for a myriad of extra's (like pillows, wifi codes, wake up calls, corrections on room-service orders) the quality and speed of service rapidly declines.

My advice to you at this point is to be VERY direct and consistent with them. Adhere to the request for TUV paperwork and make sure you describe to them EXACTLY your issue in every email - do not assume they will read through the old emails to keep up to speed. If possible, enlist the help of a native English or German speaker to compose a properly formatted complaint to the company. Explain that you will no longer tolerate these delay tactics without preparing to make a formal complaint to the 'Verbraucherzentrale' (this will get their attention).

Good luck in this, I hope you get it sorted out. While this may be an isolated and extreme case for Prior Design, I have to admit I will definitely think twice before buying anything from them. I think you did the right thing sharing this information with us.
i was trying not to be a trouble customer, i useally just let them take time, and do the things, but i found they not doing any thing for me, so i keep email them ask how's every thing going, after about 2 and half month, they still havn't send the parts to me, i asked for refund, then they finaly send the kits to me. but not the right exhaust
i am sick of it now, every day i eamil them about 20 times, and got nothing back

Last edited by China Ze; 11-10-2011 at 12:55 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2011, 12:57 AM   #87
mastermayhm
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Flush View Post
R-i-d-i-c-u-l-o-u-s
^this
      11-15-2011, 02:14 AM   #88
China Ze
Enlisted Member
Rep

i put all the emails out, but they are saying X=SXXX like this, sweet, and they saying they been waiting for the payment, the email i post up allready shows they said they resive the money, and now they saying they'v been waitng for the payment after i make the order
Appreciate 0