E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Logic 7 Wiring

12-14-2014, 01:03 PM   #23
awt
Private First Class
Norway
Rep
Drives: Red e61 & red F26

I'll probably end up with connecting it to the fuse as it should be. I've ordered a new dash, so that's gonna be changed anyway, so hopefully I will get access when changing those. Plan B is tap-a-fuse connection thing, but I couldn't find any with 2,5mm2 lead on, so I'm not to keen on that.

I had the seats out the a few days ago, and it seems easy enough. I just have to cut the splice and solder on wires for the sub and door speakers. Pretty much the same as mounting the Alpine retrofit kit.

The coding part is easy enough as well, I'm quite familiar with the programs after retrofitting a lot of other things.

Thanks again for your help, there isn't that many people that have done this, as everyone says it's "impossible".

• A small roadtrip through Scandinavia: movie - pictures
• A small roadtrip in the norwegian fjords: movie
• A small trip to Nürburgring: movie - pictures
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2021, 07:49 AM   #24
Leegbr
Private
Rep
Drives: Bmw e92 320d

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammy78 View Post
What you need to do..... connect straight to the battery.

You don't neeed to worry about a remote as the fibre optic takes care of this!

The easiest way.... what I was going to do:

> red to the battery (add a inline fuse)
> brown to a earth
> run wires to the rear shelf speakers
> run remaining wires to the front of the car (going down the passenger side - connect the rear side panel speaker.

> remove the speaker wires that plug into the Hu or CIC. Then plug them into a connector.... Run the wires to this connector ='done,
> you'll be left with the centre speaker wire, which you plug into the speaker

This way, you don't need to run the wires to each speaker, as this is already done for you (back of the hu)

Simples
This is genius.

I’m waiting on a logic 7 kit coming and from everything I’ve seen this has got to be the most straightforward way of going from base audio to logic 7.

Just need to find the right pinpoints for the head unit as I’m getting slightly different results when searching.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2021, 09:16 AM   #25
Leegbr
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leegbr View Post
This is genius.

I’m waiting on a logic 7 kit coming and from everything I’ve seen this has got to be the most straightforward way of going from base audio to logic 7.

Just need to find the right pinpoints for the head unit as I’m getting slightly different results when searching.
Actually just thought this may not work for me. I had professional cd in the car and I’m pretty sure the sub and doors are connected together for each side. So if I did that the amp will be sending a signal the 3 speakers rather that 1 sub and 1mid with a tweeter.

Gonna wire it up when it comes to test it works then will just look at routing the wires through the doors.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2021, 04:38 AM   #26
ccfj1
Tinkerer
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F25 X3 M-Sport

If you have an LCI then you can just plug the l7 loom into the speaker/sub plug under the kick panel on each side, this plug is used for splitting the radio output door the door speakers and the subs.

If you are pre-lci then its a crimp connector so you would need to split and recrimp.

Whe I did mine, i ran new wires from the amp and by-passed the OEM loom (so that i could go back at anytime).

Appreciate 0
      05-19-2021, 05:06 AM   #27
Leegbr
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccfj1 View Post
If you have an LCI then you can just plug the l7 loom into the speaker/sub plug under the kick panel on each side, this plug is used for splitting the radio output door the door speakers and the subs.

If you are pre-lci then its a crimp connector so you would need to split and recrimp.

Whe I did mine, i ran new wires from the amp and by-passed the OEM loom (so that i could go back at anytime).
Yeah pre lci here. I had a look for that connector and found nothing.

I haven’t got a clue which wires I need to tap into either so might just get the local audio installer to do it. Still waiting on a replacement amp which is really annoying.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2021, 05:36 AM   #28
ccfj1
Tinkerer
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F25 X3 M-Sport

the connector is under the kick plate next to the seat roughly where the seat controls are

https://www.1addicts.com/forums/show....php?t=1175122

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...89&postcount=9

Appreciate 0
      05-20-2021, 05:43 AM   #29
Leegbr
Private
Rep

I might have another look on the weekend as I was just loosening the seat and trying to pull the carpet up a bit. I’m waiting on the subwoofer enclosures coming so will probably wait until they’ve arrived before doing it. That way if I find that connector, great otherwise I’ll let the installer wire it up but save a few quid by just having them do the wiring rather than have to take seats out, trim off etc.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2021, 05:58 PM   #30
Leegbr
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccfj1 View Post
the connector is under the kick plate next to the seat roughly where the seat controls are

https://www.1addicts.com/forums/show....php?t=1175122

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...89&postcount=9
Yeah I’ll own up, I’ve been as thick as a castle wall. Didn’t realise it was the old subwoofer connector 😂

I’ve had two dud logic 7 amps and look to have finally got lucky on the third today so going to get this all sewn up this weekend… finally
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2021, 03:44 PM   #31
Leegbr
Private
Rep

Success. Got all the speakers in except the parcel shelf which I’ll do one night next week.

First impressions from a 2 minute listen are… that it’s well worth it if your got crap base audio. For what I have paid it’s a massive improvement.
Appreciate 0