E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > SES Light...Another HPFP??

06-12-2009, 05:34 PM   #1
seej333
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i E92

Garage List
2007 335i  [6.00]
SES Light...Another HPFP??

Sorry to make another HPFP post, but here's the story. Yesterday was getting onto the freeway under decent acceleration. After up to 60mph the SES light comes on. I go to Autozone today and have the OBD2 scanned and get codes P124E and P144B. The Autozone guy tried looking up the codes on his computer and no listing for the codes.

Anyone else have these codes before or know where I can find them "decoded"? I called BMW and they said the aftermarket code readers give different codes than what their readers use.

Please no replies on take it to dealership I already have an appointment for Wednesday. Just to anxious to find out what the problem may be.

I've got 22,000 miles and if it's the HPFP this will be the second replacement. Only engine mod I have is the Dinan Stage 2. Thanks in advance for any help.
      06-24-2009, 03:51 PM   #2
seej333
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i E92

Garage List
2007 335i  [6.00]
Well got it serviced, but they claim that my gas may have been low in the tank and caused the pump to temporarily malfunction. More like on the way to its death bed.

Another issue I'm having is my car doesn't seem to have the kick. The work order said they did a software update on the DEM. I have DINAN stage 2. The assured me it was placed back onto the DEM. I've read contradicting info and told contradicting info from the SA...

Is it possible my car is running different from a different version of DINAN software? Or do they flash it with the BMW software and then the original DINAN software. Someone please help! I have another appointment on Monday, but need to know more about what to ask in terms of software that could have been placed on the DEM. Thanks in advance.
      08-02-2009, 07:12 PM   #3
gumpy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 135i DCT

It is likey low fuel in tank

I got a check engine light when autocrossing with 1/4 tank of fuel. If you corner hard, the fuel sloshes to one side and it has trouble picking it up. One of the head technicians at local BMW dealer (who is an avid racer) told me his and all BMW's do this and to have at least 1/2 tank of fuel when autocrossing He was at the autocross when it happened.

Gumpy.
Appreciate 0