E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > LUX H8 V4 Offiicial Picture Thread

05-27-2013, 06:44 PM   #89
tofu-
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335i Jet Black/Coral Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by project335i View Post
And for cheaper then these you can get the umnitza Orion predator v2 led angel eye replacements. That's what I have currently and after I was done I realize I should have gone this route from the beginning.

It's really not as hard to install as most think especially on the e92
yes, but those look like ass.

rather have a weak bulb replacement than something that people will think i picked up on ebay

the umnitza v4, now those are a different story...
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2013, 06:45 PM   #90
EgorGovorun
Private
Rep
Drives: E91 LCI M 330d 314PS 616Nm

I read to much before I buy it's come nearly 30 days but I very like them..

BTW they are 7500k but not LUX
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2013, 07:09 PM   #91
project335i
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: Wide Load

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu-
Quote:
Originally Posted by project335i View Post
And for cheaper then these you can get the umnitza Orion predator v2 led angel eye replacements. That's what I have currently and after I was done I realize I should have gone this route from the beginning.

It's really not as hard to install as most think especially on the e92
yes, but those look like ass.

rather have a weak bulb replacement than something that people will think i picked up on ebay

the umnitza v4, now those are a different story...
First time I heard that. They definitely don't look like the cheap eBay led AE. I like the beaded look of them compared to the v4 that's why I opted for the v2. There super vibrant in person maybe you just have to see them live to get the full affect.

Can't even compare the OEM let alone OEM with shitty bulbs.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2013, 08:31 PM   #92
LuxAngelEyes
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Hi All, Sorry for the lack of response to the this thread over the last few days. We were out in CA for a few days after Bimmerfest and havent had a chance to get back on the forums. Let me try and answer all the questions here.

So people have questioned the fade on-off feature and how it causes the V4's to pulse on rather then fade on smoothly. After all our testing and development we have found that this is the 1 issue that we are not able to resolve. There are essentially 5 scenarios that the angel eyes have. We decided that keeping the angel eyes at 100% brightness all the time was more important then this 1-2 second pulsing. The bubls do not flicker on the self check feature of the car however.

As for evenness of color of the rings - Since our kit does use a combination of white and blue LED's, yes there might be very small hot spots of white or blue from the inner ring. We made many changes to the design to eliminate as many of these as possible, but the 2-3mm spacing between the center of the LED's does cause this slightly.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2013, 08:36 PM   #93
wdeerfield
A family of bimmers
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 G01 X3M40i

they dont look any brighter in the pics than my $10 gp thunders..
this is gp thunders reflected in a window using an iphone through my windshield on a sunny day at 8am

i cant see spending another $230 + shipping for the same results and even worse, the flickering and "hot spots" as lux calls them
      05-28-2013, 02:09 AM   #94
franzzz
Captain
Italy
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92_bmw View Post
Man i just installed mine and I'm pretty disappointed. I went from stock to these cause i thought buy nice or buy twice. I knew the outer ring wouldn't be as bright as the inner one but i didn't think the difference would be this big!!! I can barely see the outer ring! This is in direct sunlight though so hopefully they will be better at night. What really disappointed me was that they flicker when they turn off!!!! For how much they cost they should not flicker and I bought them cause i thought lux didn't flicker.. I just looked at the lux website they say "no flickering on start up"..start up, not turning off... Other than that i guess they're better than stock. They do not even compare to the newer bmw AE's if your wondering. These pics are at 6900k

....definetly no daylight function
BMW F82 M4 Black MHD CS Map - GTS DKG - Navi -Performance Brake RSL1 Pads - USB - DivX-DVD - Bluetooth - VoiceControl - Connect - Apps - Online - H&K - TrafficInfo - SpLimInfo - WhiteMerino- PDC - Cam - Adaptive Led - Antitheft - CP Steering- Performance ST - Adaptive CP Setup - GarageDoorOpen - Pipercross - Stock Exhaust - Mdrivers Pack - 437M Wheels
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2013, 07:46 AM   #95
JStang
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: FDB M3 CS

Now that I have them installed I will chime in with my likes / dislikes:

Color change option is great!
Definitely brighter
Inner ring does not dim when head lights are on

Dislikes:
Flickering when they shut off
Hot spots
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2013, 12:33 PM   #96
aykim2188
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '09 e92 335xi

If anyone is dissatisfied with their v4 I'm willing to buy haha

m-tech front & sides | jbspeed CF splitters| painted reflectors | black kidneys | dinan strut bar | bmw performance exhaust | bmw performance power kit | bbs rg-r
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2013, 01:31 PM   #97
Tim603
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i E90

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Well I guess just sticking with the V3 is my best option, I was literally just about to buy the v4 but now that I know it flickers i probably will just stick with my V3. I still think LUX is better than any LED upgrade out there (other than a direct ring swap obviously)
      05-28-2013, 02:28 PM   #98
N0Chill 335i
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13' F30 335i M Sport AW

I don't care about the flickering. I have an e92 and no matter which brand of bulbs you get the outside ring never lights up properly. In no way is it acceptable to charge $230 bucks for this

When we have seen the same results for $70 bucks from BMWLED and other brands. Come on man. Lol
E90 guys are lucky because for whatever reason these look amazing for them. For us e92/93 guys... not so much. My .02
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2013, 03:02 PM   #99
project335i
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: Wide Load

^^^ so true man. Well said
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2013, 04:13 PM   #100
deceptiv.335
Private
Rep
Drives: 335

Ya, really at the end of the day it's not worth the money. You could get the same effect by buying $100 if not less kit than u would with the LUX, they make a good product and all but ya forgot about the price point.

May as well spend an extra couple hundred bux and go with the OSS design, or just go cheap.. really when I put these on my car I felt like I riced it out a bit, and preferred the stock yellow over the result I got from the aftermarket AE
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2013, 04:36 PM   #101
Blindside_137
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 SSII E90 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeMerrisK
I don't care about the flickering. I have an e92 and no matter which brand of bulbs you get the outside ring never lights up properly. In no way is it acceptable to charge $230 bucks for this

When we have seen the same results for $70 bucks from BMWLED and other brands. Come on man. Lol
E90 guys are lucky because for whatever reason these look amazing for them. For us e92/93 guys... not so much. My .02
You need to be further away. Step back 20 feet and take a picture. It'll be a lot better. Lux is definitely better and brighter than the 100 dollar competition, at least my V3's are. Obviously OSS and the replacements are the best but I didn't want to spend 250 for lights plus 250 for labor. And no way do I trust myself baking open a headlight. I'm more than content with what lux offers and the price is fine with me.

I'm holding out for a V4 ring with a flat bottom (F30 style)... Then I'll make the upgrade.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2013, 08:51 PM   #102
JStang
Brigadier General
Rep

Snapped a picture in the garage this evening.

Appreciate 0
      05-28-2013, 10:02 PM   #103
iturbo_bmw
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i, 530i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JStang View Post
Snapped a picture in the garage this evening.

Is that at 12000k? They look much brighter than mine.. probably cause its dark though
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2013, 10:13 PM   #104
JStang
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Is that at 12000k? They look much brighter than mine.. probably cause its dark though
8,800k. They look great in the evening. Haven't really checked them out in direct sunlight.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2013, 07:57 AM   #105
5soko
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M5

If they are brighter that is a nice plus, depending how much brighter compared to the V3's. I don't care much for the color change as the V3's are perfect for me, but the flickering is a big minus. Not sure if V3 to V4 is a upgrade or what now. Guess I have to wait to see the V4 in person to justify if the hot spots and flickering is worth having the extra brightness. ( depending how much brighter)
      05-29-2013, 01:01 PM   #106
KMEninety335
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 Monaco Blue 335i xdrive

Garage List
hmm I've never had either. I currently have $50 ebay ones that I just threw on there real quick so it didn't have the amber anymore. I'm looking to buy the V3 or V4 but it's a tough decision. The ebay ones I have now don't look bad at night but even a little bit of light outside and they are pretty dim.
2010 E90 335i xdrive | Monaco Blue with Black Interior | All Packages except Sport :/ | Apex EC-7 | Active Autowerke Strut Bar | Roc Euro DCI | Roc Euro Hyperboost DVs | aFe Scoops | BMW Performance Exhaust | BMWCCA member
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2013, 01:28 PM   #107
AndreyT
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i Sedan, Sport

Quote:
They look much brighter than mine.. probably cause its dark though
How bright they look depends on the exposure settings of the camera that took the picture. They can be made to look arbitrarily bright (or arbitrarily dim) depending on these settings.

For this reason, there's simply no meaningful way to judge the brightness by the picture, unless the picture was taken under carefully pre-determined standardized and fixed exposure settings. Alternatively, a picture can be used to compare two lights if both lights are present in the same picture simultaneously.

Neither is the case in the above picture. So, the fact that that these lights "look brighter" in the picture does not really mean anything at all.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2013, 01:42 PM   #108
LuxAngelEyes
United_States
Rep

Hi All,
I'm very suprised to hear that some people think these look worse then the cheep 20w or no name brands out there. If your saying that then you must not have seen the 2 lights in person. below is a comparison we did of the LUX H8 V4 vs a 20W brand and the difference was even more dramatic in person. There is almost no comparison with the lights. Also when the 20W brands turn on them dim to 1/2 that brightness while the LUX H8 V4's stay on 100% brightness all the time

For taking pictures - PLEASE go back from the car 20-30 feet becuase that is the only angle that BMW Made these angel eyes viewable from. DeMerrisK took pictures above and they are all too close and the ring is simply not viewable from this angle, no matter what light you have in there ( including the stock bulb)

As well here are a few pictures from 1addicts website to share as well: Some of these pictures were taken too close as well so the outer ring isnt well visible.

Last edited by LuxAngelEyes; 05-29-2013 at 01:58 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2013, 01:50 PM   #109
onesuperboi
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 e92 335i COBB 4.01 Stage 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuxAngelEyes View Post
Hi All, Sorry for the lack of response to the this thread over the last few days. We were out in CA for a few days after Bimmerfest and havent had a chance to get back on the forums. Let me try and answer all the questions here.

So people have questioned the fade on-off feature and how it causes the V4's to pulse on rather then fade on smoothly. After all our testing and development we have found that this is the 1 issue that we are not able to resolve. There are essentially 5 scenarios that the angel eyes have. We decided that keeping the angel eyes at 100% brightness all the time was more important then this 1-2 second pulsing. The bubls do not flicker on the self check feature of the car however.

As for evenness of color of the rings - Since our kit does use a combination of white and blue LED's, yes there might be very small hot spots of white or blue from the inner ring. We made many changes to the design to eliminate as many of these as possible, but the 2-3mm spacing between the center of the LED's does cause this slightly.
Why did you not disclose this fact when selling your product?

After all, this may impact the decision making process of buying the V3 versus V4.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2013, 01:57 PM   #110
LuxAngelEyes
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by onesuperboi View Post
Why did you not disclose this fact when selling your product?

After all, this may impact the decision making process of buying the V3 versus V4.
Honestly we didn't find out this issue till after we released the product. IN all our months of testing none of the cars had this feature. After we found this issue out we then came to the conclusion that we couldn't avoid this. The way i worked that statement above didnt mention when we found this scenario.
Appreciate 0