E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > New 335xi owner

03-28-2017, 08:53 PM   #1
ndevree
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i xdrive

New 335xi owner

Wanted to introduce myself to the board. I had been a lurker for the past several months while shopping for and after purchasing my e90. I was looking for around a year and finally found this 2010 e90 335xi. Car is jet black with black leather and navi. Bought the car in January completely stock with just over 20k miles fsbo and I believe it was a steal. The car was serviced at least every 6 months at the local BMW dealer. It has the sport package with the staggered 18" 287 wheels and was fortunate enough to get an almost brand new set of Bridgestone Blizzaks with the car (I live in W Mich).

Here are the mods I have completed so far:
gloss black kidney grills
tune2air bluetooth adapter (can't believe the car didn't have A2DP bluetooth audio)
LUX H8 180 angel eyes
VRSF catless downpipes
MHD tune (currently stage 1 93)
coded folding mirrors on lock / unlock on engine shutdown / various other minor things
35% tint
carbor fiber spoiler lip
gloss black type F10 smoked lens LED side marker
alpina b3 trans flash

Mods to be installed soon:
mishimoto perfomance fmic
new wheels (thinking avant garde m359 matte black)
new tires (prob firestone indy 500 perf or hankook ventus v12)
BMW performance shift lever/boot

Also thinking about having the PE mod done to the mufflers and some new exhaust tips.

This forum has been so helpful already. I can't believe the amount of information and DIY's that are available. Can tell that many others have fallen in love with their e90's/92's like I already have.
Attached Images

Last edited by ndevree; 03-28-2017 at 09:46 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2017, 07:33 AM   #2
eleniki
Alderran`s lost princess
Rep
Drives: A bit old BMW

that`s one awesome bimmer
      03-29-2017, 07:48 AM   #3
WJMSprtXDrive
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 xDrive50i M-Sport

Garage List
Looks great!! Super low miles for a 2010, nice find! Patience and perseverance pays off. I like the angel eyes!!

I would highly recommend a good aftermarket Chargepipe. Next a strut tower brace will sharpen up your steering.

Have fun getting to know your new ride.
2011 E90 335i xDrive 6AT Performance Edition Package, M-Sport, TTFS Tune, VRSF 3.5" Catted DP, Active Autowerke CP, Turner Motorsport Strut Tower Brace, Hawk HP+, Bilstein B6, Alpina B3 TCU Flash, K&N ----
2014 F15 X5 xDrive50i M-Sport, RSE, 3rd Row
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2017, 09:15 AM   #4
jt335i
Major
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 335i Monaco blue

Nice bro! Congrats!

Name:  Girl-Thumbs-Up.jpg
Views: 325
Size:  104.8 KB

I have a 2010 E92 335i. Bought it new and have been enjoying this ultimate driving machine since the first day I drove it home.
Regarding tires, I ditched the OEM RFTs and switched to Michelin PSSs. On the second of PSSs now and well worth the money. Others suggest Continental DSWs as well, but it just depends on one’s budget and preference.

As for mufflers, I recently swapped the OEMs with the BMW PE. Love the new meaner more aggressive sound WOT and there’s no drone.

Also got a Cobb stage 2 tune after replacing the OEM filter with a K&N filter (not a CAI) and the BMW PE swap.

Have fun with that ride.

Last edited by jt335i; 03-29-2017 at 11:22 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2017, 09:18 AM   #5
YRN
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i e90

Nice car! You ever think about changing the front bumper or adding front splitters? Personally, I think the E90 looks a lot better with the M3 bumper or even just the Mtech.
      03-29-2017, 09:27 AM   #6
ANMVQ
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 335XI Sedan

Nice looking ride man I have a blk sedan also, thanx for the gloss blk kindness too, I have them with a CF spoiler sitting on my living room table, LOL weather here been bad. The one thing I would add to your list is a Charge pipe and maybe a custom tune from Ken
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2017, 11:51 AM   #7
YasF80_SLO
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2018 Nissan Versa S  [0.00]
Looks Awesome Man,

Also fore tires check out the new Michelin pilot sport 4 s, theyre cheaper then the PSS, and better!
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2017, 08:48 PM   #8
ndevree
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJMSprtXDrive View Post
Looks great!! Super low miles for a 2010, nice find! Patience and perseverance pays off. I like the angel eyes!!

I would highly recommend a good aftermarket Chargepipe. Next a strut tower brace will sharpen up your steering.

Have fun getting to know your new ride.
Forgot to mention that a chargepipe is on my list of next upgrades as well. It seems like there are a lot of good options there. I'm trying to figure out how beneficial a BOV would be and then order that same time as chargepipe if I was to go that route.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt335i View Post
Nice bro! Congrats!

Attachment 1597327

I have a 2010 E92 335i. Bought it new and have been enjoying this ultimate driving machine since the first day I drove it home.
Regarding tires, I ditched the OEM RFTs and switched to Michelin PSSs. On the second of PSSs now and well worth the money. Others suggest Continental DSWs as well, but it just depends on one’s budget and preference.

As for mufflers, I recently swapped the OEMs with the BMW PE. Love the new meaner more aggressive sound WOT and there’s no drone.

Also got a Cobb stage 2 tune after replacing the OEM filter with a K&N filter (not a CAI) and the BMW PE swap.

Have fun with that ride.
I have had 2 sets of Continental DWSs on my wife's Saab 95 and loved them. Also always loved that car. The turbo was so smooth and had nice pull and the car handled like a dream.

I've been looking at the PE and PE mod as exhaust options. Tough to tell how loud they are with downpipes on youtube clips. My wife doesn't want this car near as loud as my last one. I had an 04 Porsche Cayenne S with a Cargraphic exhaust that was pretty loud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YRN View Post
Nice car! You ever think about changing the front bumper or adding front splitters? Personally, I think the E90 looks a lot better with the M3 bumper or even just the Mtech.
Not quite sure what to do here. With a 5 month old I'm on a little bit of a budget, so that why I went for mostly performance mods and a few cheap things first. Cost starts going up quite a bit when looking at replacing bumpers and having them painted. I'll probably be perusing the classifieds quite a bit over the next few months to save a little money. Have you done replacement bumper or splitters on yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANMVQ View Post
Nice looking ride man I have a blk sedan also, thanx for the gloss blk kindness too, I have them with a CF spoiler sitting on my living room table, LOL weather here been bad. The one thing I would add to your list is a Charge pipe and maybe a custom tune from Ken
The kidneys and spoiler were really easy installs. I found painters tape helped quite a bit with the spoiler. I actually taped down each end once I had found the perfect fitment, then flipped it up to remove the 3m backing and fliipped it back down. It landed exactly where I had it marked on the car. I know what you mean about the junk weather. Today was over an inch of rain and 40. This weekend looks nicer so hoping to install the mishimoto fmic then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013_E92 View Post
Looks Awesome Man,

Also fore tires check out the new Michelin pilot sport 4 s, theyre cheaper then the PSS, and better!
I've added those to my list to compare. Will be doing some tirerack research over the next couple weeks to narrow down the perfect setup!
Appreciate 0