E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > What product to coat black leather seats

12-24-2018, 08:01 AM   #1
Sun18
Private
Rep
Drives: 330i M Sport E90

What product to coat black leather seats

Hi Guys, First of all merry xmas to you all ! I have a e90 with a black leather interior, I want to make it pop a bit more like it looks as new as I can get. I know mine is not a real leather so just want some advice on a good cream etc to put on that will make it look as new again, I bought the chemical Guys conditioner which is a cream colour, it made it look ok but I now have cream looking stitching on the seats not the best. Not sure I want to use the black colourant stuff as wear a suit daily and don’t want that all over it, anyway know of a good interior spray or cream that will make the leather pop again and look super black ? Thanks in advance .
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2018, 02:00 PM   #2
m_star01
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010 320i m sport business ed.

You need to get the right product as I assume you have dakota leather? If the seats show lots of fading etc you could explore dye and a finish on top. that's what I did. so can you describe what you want to do? are yours faded, scratched, creased etc etc then we can advise. I tried a few things so I can help and save you a few bob.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2018, 03:08 PM   #3
Sun18
Private
Rep
Drives: 330i M Sport E90

Black leather

Thanks mate, yeah black Dakota leather, not too faded looks pretty black still, only slight cracking on drivers seat, nothing bad, I believe it’s faux leather so people saying I don’t need to treat it as it’s not real ? Just wondered what to spray or what cream to use to make it look as new as possible, worried about the black stuff in a jar as like I say I don’t want black all over my clothes ? Never done this before , any help appreciated Thankyou
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2018, 06:52 AM   #4
Andy198712
Major
Rep
Drives: 2010 E91 325d

look into aerospace 303 protectant, its what i use. its not gloss, its like a new clean satin/matte effect and will protect the seats
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2018, 08:21 AM   #5
Maxlude
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 330D_SE_Man, F90_M5C

As I understand, most leather seats are not faux but actual leather. But they have a vinyl coating for protection. More expensive leathers have a less heavy duty coating so feels more natural but requires more maintenance. So they just need cleaning with a leather cleaning product like mequires, autoglym etc and then a conditioner, barrier cream
Appreciate 0