E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Worlds Quickest E9X. Ducks 335 Sedan

08-28-2016, 02:02 AM   #45
bmwheath
11 second stock turbo club. 11.6@120mph
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101Duck View Post
So got some time to myself today motivation was high after jamboree yesterday so I got stuck into it.

Changed the radiator over as the one I put in had a hairline crack and leaked sigh. what a painful exercise that was haha. Changed the engine oil and then got to coding.

Finally worked out why the fuck my shit thing wouldn't work. so got it to code, removed the $205 from the VO and coded, car starts and runs but still seems to think it is auto, throws codes CD99, CD9E and CD9D. comes up with transmission fault on the Idrive.

So I'm not sure what it's problem is, thinking maybe I need to reset some module that thinks it is still auto somewhere? I'm lost with this shit. Just finished tidying up the last of things, let it warm up and heat cycle on the stands. ran the auto through it's gears, checked all the fluids, bled coolant etc.

Just need to do a bit of wiring in a moment to stop the car freaking out when I disconnect the 2 left over plugs from the auto and then I'll take it for it's first drive.
Keep us posted mate, cant wait till its all soughted!
JB4 ISO - 3" Catless Downpipes - RB Inlets to be fitted - BMS DCI - VRSF 7" intercooler - Charge pipe & Raceport BOV - BMW PE exhaust - Stage 2 fuel pump - BMS E85 Flash/ E50 mix, running map7 - NGK Plugs - BMS Catchcan - RB pcv valve - Quaife LSD - 19'' Beyern wheels - Msport suspension - M3 rep sideskirts - Aero front lip - Lux V5's - Mid kick rear spoiler - Dark tint - Msport steering wheel with M3 paddles & trim
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2016, 03:47 AM   #46
MMM335
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335i

Keen to see a video when its running or a spin someday.
MHD Stage 2+ e60 OTS|VRSF V2 Catless DPs|VRSF 7 Inch FMIC|VRSF Charger Pipes|Turbosmart Supersonic BOV|K&N DCI's|VRSF OEM Silicone Inlets|BMS OCC|FUEL IT STAGE 2|07+ TCU Conversion|XHP Flashtool Stage 3 Race Map|1m Front Bumper|CSL Wing|Aero Rear Bumper|DTM U Shaped LED Angel Eyes with RGB Demon Eyes|M3 Cowl
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2016, 01:51 AM   #47
_ink
Jedi samurai ninja turtle
Australia
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i 2018

Garage List
2018 X3 M40i  [0.00]
Is this alive? I saw some pics on Facebook!!
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2016, 03:23 AM   #48
bmwheath
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ink View Post
It must be yep! I would say hes ironing out a few elec issues at the moment lol
JB4 ISO - 3" Catless Downpipes - RB Inlets to be fitted - BMS DCI - VRSF 7" intercooler - Charge pipe & Raceport BOV - BMW PE exhaust - Stage 2 fuel pump - BMS E85 Flash/ E50 mix, running map7 - NGK Plugs - BMS Catchcan - RB pcv valve - Quaife LSD - 19'' Beyern wheels - Msport suspension - M3 rep sideskirts - Aero front lip - Lux V5's - Mid kick rear spoiler - Dark tint - Msport steering wheel with M3 paddles & trim
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2016, 03:24 AM   #49
_ink
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2018 X3 M40i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwheath
Quote:
It must be yep! I would say hes ironing out a few elec issues at the moment lol
The pics were of the car at the bowser, so it must be ALIVE!!
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2016, 03:56 AM   #50
bmwheath
Rep

Quote:
The pics were of the car at the bowser, so it must be ALIVE!!
Yes! I saw the E85 pump in the background lol
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2016, 05:27 AM   #51
101Duck
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i 6MT

sup. yeah sorry guys, it is running finally.
fucking coding such a gay thing. took me forever to get it to connect, finally worked it out after downloading a VM to run it from and it still wouldn't connect, changed the COM port to COM1 and it connected, finally, removed the $205 code from the VO and it started.

However, it still seems to think it is auto from some reason, throwing transmission warning codes up on the Idrive and need to press brake to start (completely ignores the clutch switch)

Just doing some KM in it to make sure nothing leaks, catches fire, falls off etc. I've had this whole car apart the last few months and a few times I was frustrated and over it so there could be something dumb I over looked, but so far so good done about 120km in it.

Ordered a carbon LCI bootlid today and some LCI tail lights as it needs the front bar fixed up and bonnet painted, so I figured if it's going into the paint shop i'll do it all at once. Carbon parts will be painted as I wanted it to be kind of stealth, as much as possible anyway, oh and I want to lose some weight that isn't needed.

Gassed the aircon back up today as well so that's kind of cool, trying to wrap my head around the JB4 tuning and the back end tuning. We wrote up a back end for it this morning and flashed it in, cold start is a bit meh with the ethanol but once it's running it seems pretty happy.

Cruise control doesn't work at all, and it's not registering any gears (I was hoping that as the manual has no sensor to tell the DME what gear it is in it would figure it out using a speed vs rpm calculation, apparently it runs on magic and knows it's got a 1960's gearbox in it)

I need to check the datalogs as i've noticed it pulls the throttle a lot so something must be going on. I don't even know if the PI is working yet also.

all in all, it's a relief to have it running, but there are a few more bugs to sort out and then hopefully I can get it to do a skid, and once it's done that I'll be confident to take it to the track.
Appreciate 1
      08-29-2016, 07:45 AM   #52
Socket
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW E92  [0.00]
Quote:
sup. yeah sorry guys, it is running finally.
fucking coding such a gay thing. took me forever to get it to connect, finally worked it out after downloading a VM to run it from and it still wouldn't connect, changed the COM port to COM1 and it connected, finally, removed the $205 code from the VO and it started.

However, it still seems to think it is auto from some reason, throwing transmission warning codes up on the Idrive and need to press brake to start (completely ignores the clutch switch)

Just doing some KM in it to make sure nothing leaks, catches fire, falls off etc. I've had this whole car apart the last few months and a few times I was frustrated and over it so there could be something dumb I over looked, but so far so good done about 120km in it.

Ordered a carbon LCI bootlid today and some LCI tail lights as it needs the front bar fixed up and bonnet painted, so I figured if it's going into the paint shop i'll do it all at once. Carbon parts will be painted as I wanted it to be kind of stealth, as much as possible anyway, oh and I want to lose some weight that isn't needed.

Gassed the aircon back up today as well so that's kind of cool, trying to wrap my head around the JB4 tuning and the back end tuning. We wrote up a back end for it this morning and flashed it in, cold start is a bit meh with the ethanol but once it's running it seems pretty happy.

Cruise control doesn't work at all, and it's not registering any gears (I was hoping that as the manual has no sensor to tell the DME what gear it is in it would figure it out using a speed vs rpm calculation, apparently it runs on magic and knows it's got a 1960's gearbox in it)

I need to check the datalogs as i've noticed it pulls the throttle a lot so something must be going on. I don't even know if the PI is working yet also.

all in all, it's a relief to have it running, but there are a few more bugs to sort out and then hopefully I can get it to do a skid, and once it's done that I'll be confident to take it to the track.
Surprised you got it to start at all Duck
Nice work mate
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2016, 04:50 AM   #53
bmwheath
Rep

Keep persisting mate, youll get there. My mind is already blown that it is actually up and running without exploding into a ball of flames (nothing to do with you, just bmw electrics/sensors/modules etc can be hell)
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2016, 06:23 AM   #54
101Duck
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwheath View Post
Keep persisting mate, youll get there. My mind is already blown that it is actually up and running without exploding into a ball of flames (nothing to do with you, just bmw electrics/sensors/modules etc can be hell)
Oh man, I expected something to leak, or catch fire at least. I've built a lot of cars now and this would be the first that has literally done 500km without anything going wrong what so ever. haha

I'll get some time to fuck with it this week coding wise. and friday arvo it's going on the dyno to screw some boost into it. hopefully. lol
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2016, 07:31 AM   #55
_ink
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2018 X3 M40i  [0.00]
This. Is. Brilliant.

What power was this ST kit making on your previous 1'er?
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2016, 05:15 PM   #56
101Duck
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
This. Is. Brilliant.

What power was this ST kit making on your previous 1'er?
never made it onto the car, was collecting the parts and trying to find time to do it, car barely left the house, took it to work to have it detailed one day and on the way home it was no more. lol.

Thing is fucking loud, my missus said she isn't getting in it because it's so loud it's embarrassing. probably need to rethink the exhaust strategy lol
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2016, 10:24 PM   #57
dane083
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Quote:
never made it onto the car, was collecting the parts and trying to find time to do it, car barely left the house, took it to work to have it detailed one day and on the way home it was no more. lol.

Thing is fucking loud, my missus said she isn't getting in it because it's so loud it's embarrassing. probably need to rethink the exhaust strategy lol
For curiosity sake, who was making the ST manifold?
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2016, 10:54 PM   #58
CashedUpBogan
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: State Transit Bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by dane083
Quote:

For curiosity sake, who was making the ST manifold?
pretty sure he said he did in his post
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2016, 12:16 AM   #59
bmwheath
Rep

Quote:

Whats it drive like with the stally? I have a few cars with stalls so i know what there like with a V8, but not in a small capacity inline 6 motor
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2016, 04:37 AM   #60
101Duck
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Drives fine with the stally. It's not stock like take off at part throttle, but hey, sacrifices have to be made!

So I spent yesterday doing some research and today playing around in NCS expert. Took me a fair while to work out what I was doing and how to go about it, but I've successfully removed both the Transmission Faulty and the Start Assistance faulty codes from the Idrive. In doing so I've somehow removed the Brake pedal depressed to start function which is annoying (now it just starts straight away when the shifter is in park or neutral) I really want the brake pedal safety to work. but for some reason when I was reading the module with that option in it it was just coming up as nicht_acktiv the whole time. no matter if I changed it to acktiv and tried to code it. So I gave up for the day and I'll give it a go again tomorrow.

Still having an issue with the cornering lights, they're faulty so I am trying to remove the coding for them and for the life of me I can't get rid of it. I think I've turned off like 6 or 7 things to do with cornering lights and it still throws the error. Must be more somewhere else I'm missing. The other issue I'm having is getting the reverse lights to engage. I can't work out which option I need to change in which module to make it read the reverse light wiring from the manual harness rather than however it was working with the auto harness. (I also assume once I get the reverse lights to work my PDC will work again too)

Sounds a little strange to want all this little stuff working and all the errors gone off the dash/idrive. but like, it'd be cool to have a fully functioning daily drivable bmw sedan which will run 9's all day long in full street trim.

Also just been getting it ready for the dyno session tomorrow night. Should hopefully go smoothly, bought the cable to setup the PI today and loaded the JB4 integration map into it. Going to be a long night of dynoing I can tell lol.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2016, 05:08 AM   #61
Boganian Rubes
Lieutenant Coal Burner
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 320d e90

Stock internals ducky?
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2016, 09:51 AM   #62
MMM335
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Drives fine with the stally. It's not stock like take off at part throttle, but hey, sacrifices have to be made!

So I spent yesterday doing some research and today playing around in NCS expert. Took me a fair while to work out what I was doing and how to go about it, but I've successfully removed both the Transmission Faulty and the Start Assistance faulty codes from the Idrive. In doing so I've somehow removed the Brake pedal depressed to start function which is annoying (now it just starts straight away when the shifter is in park or neutral) I really want the brake pedal safety to work. but for some reason when I was reading the module with that option in it it was just coming up as nicht_acktiv the whole time. no matter if I changed it to acktiv and tried to code it. So I gave up for the day and I'll give it a go again tomorrow.

Still having an issue with the cornering lights, they're faulty so I am trying to remove the coding for them and for the life of me I can't get rid of it. I think I've turned off like 6 or 7 things to do with cornering lights and it still throws the error. Must be more somewhere else I'm missing. The other issue I'm having is getting the reverse lights to engage. I can't work out which option I need to change in which module to make it read the reverse light wiring from the manual harness rather than however it was working with the auto harness. (I also assume once I get the reverse lights to work my PDC will work again too)

Sounds a little strange to want all this little stuff working and all the errors gone off the dash/idrive. but like, it'd be cool to have a fully functioning daily drivable bmw sedan which will run 9's all day long in full street trim.

Also just been getting it ready for the dyno session tomorrow night. Should hopefully go smoothly, bought the cable to setup the PI today and loaded the JB4 integration map into it. Going to be a long night of dynoing I can tell lol.
Glad ya got most sorted mate, if ya still have trouble over the weekend come see me and ill give you a working cable to use
MHD Stage 2+ e60 OTS|VRSF V2 Catless DPs|VRSF 7 Inch FMIC|VRSF Charger Pipes|Turbosmart Supersonic BOV|K&N DCI's|VRSF OEM Silicone Inlets|BMS OCC|FUEL IT STAGE 2|07+ TCU Conversion|XHP Flashtool Stage 3 Race Map|1m Front Bumper|CSL Wing|Aero Rear Bumper|DTM U Shaped LED Angel Eyes with RGB Demon Eyes|M3 Cowl
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2016, 04:45 PM   #63
101Duck
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boganian Rubes View Post
Stock internals ducky?
Yeah mate. I'm in between jobs. So I'll put off building an engine till after the wedding and shit been paid for lol.

I do have 2 spare engines. One pulled down the other still complete. So if something let's go u should have enough to either patch it up or start a build.

I also feel like I went to small for the turbo. But time will tell i guess.
Dyno tonight. Nervous!
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2016, 05:00 PM   #64
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92 335i 6MT

Awesome build mate, great to see some backyard aussie ingenuity on here

What chassis/driveline mods are you going to perform?

What rim/tyre setup are you going to run? Ideally you would get some cheesecutters up front to run nines! IS this thing running a chute yet?!? haha

G/L with the tuning and power runs
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2016, 05:25 PM   #65
101Duck
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR-JEKL View Post
Awesome build mate, great to see some backyard aussie ingenuity on here

What chassis/driveline mods are you going to perform?

What rim/tyre setup are you going to run? Ideally you would get some cheesecutters up front to run nines! IS this thing running a chute yet?!? haha

G/L with the tuning and power runs
Well I want to run a 9 as is basically. Just weld the diff as I'm too broke for a LSD centre at the moment.

Once it does that and I get kicked out I'll decide from there. Ideally it'll get a cage and chute. Race seats. Harnesses etc and 17" front runners. Try get the weight down to 3100lbs or less with me in it. Which should see an 8 second pass.

Going to be a tough decision on pulling luxury out to save weight when we get there. I still like having all the mod cons. Haha.

Eventually if someone doesn't want to buy it for reasonable money it'll end up getting silly and uncomfortable in the favour of time slips
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2016, 05:30 PM   #66
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92 335i 6MT

Quote:
Well I want to run a 9 as is basically. Just weld the diff as I'm too broke for a LSD centre at the moment.

Once it does that and I get kicked out I'll decide from there. Ideally it'll get a cage and chute. Race seats. Harnesses etc and 17" front runners. Try get the weight down to 3100lbs or less with me in it. Which should see an 8 second pass.

Going to be a tough decision on pulling luxury out to save weight when we get there. I still like having all the mod cons. Haha.

Eventually if someone doesn't want to buy it for reasonable money it'll end up getting silly and uncomfortable in the favour of time slips
OK good luck dude, I think it'll be scary putting that much power through the oem chassis and wish you luck getting into the 9's

The 335i DS's are apparently very weak also, hopefully you have a few spares also?

A welded diff would be bloody undriveable on the street wouldnt it? I recall back in the day a mate done it to his torana and leaving the tafe carpark it was chirping all over the place just manouvering it the car out of the carpark at low speeds.

FYI: http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32365
Appreciate 0