Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Question on spacers/fitment

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

07-27-2018, 11:14 AM   #1
TT3 iN NyC
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3CS

Question on spacers/fitment

Hi all,

Maybe someone can help me. I have a set of OEM 193's, square setup, 18x8.

What spacer size would I need for the front and rear to make them fit flush to the fenders, front and back?
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2018, 07:15 AM   #2
TT3 iN NyC
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Anyone?
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2018, 08:44 AM   #3
Emilime75
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i E92 LeMans Blue

Use one of the many offset calculators online, including the one on the desktop version of this site. Google will also tell you everything you need to know, you just need to put in a little effort first, then come back with specific questions.

Try this, as an example. Stock 193M rear is 18x8.5 +37. 15mm spacers work, anything more with stock sized Michelin(255/35/18) can rub. The 15mm spacer makes, effectively, that rear wheel the same as as an 8.5" with a 22mm offset...37-15=22.

Using an online calculator, we can see that the 193M front(18x8 +34) has a positive difference of 3.3mm in offset, so placing a front wheel on the rear, it will sit 3.3mm further in, or away, from the outside fender. This tells us that a larger spacer is needed to match the rear wheel with a 15mm spacer. In other words, an 18mm spacer will work, if anyone makes one. 20mm spacers exist and would probably work also, but another aspect to this is that you didn't include your chosen tires and sizes...have you chosen those? Tires vary in width and shoulder shape, even if they have the same sizes stamped on them. A 255/35/Michelin will run a bit wider, and with a more squared shoulder than, let's say, the Hancook Evo...

You also need to let people know how extreme of a "flush" look you want, and what additional work are you willing to do to get there...roll fender, pull fender, camber...

See where I'm going with this? A bit more due diligence on your part, and more info gathered and presented, will get you there.

Also, have a little patience. It's the weekend, people have lives, we're not all here on standby to answer your questions.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2018, 09:26 AM   #4
TT3 iN NyC
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emilime75 View Post
Use one of the many offset calculators online, including the one on the desktop version of this site. Google will also tell you everything you need to know, you just need to put in a little effort first, then come back with specific questions.

Try this, as an example. Stock 193M rear is 18x8.5 +37. 15mm spacers work, anything more with stock sized Michelin(255/35/18) can rub. The 15mm spacer makes, effectively, that rear wheel the same as as an 8.5" with a 22mm offset...37-15=22.

Using an online calculator, we can see that the 193M front(18x8 +34) has a positive difference of 3.3mm in offset, so placing a front wheel on the rear, it will sit 3.3mm further in, or away, from the outside fender. This tells us that a larger spacer is needed to match the rear wheel with a 15mm spacer. In other words, an 18mm spacer will work, if anyone makes one. 20mm spacers exist and would probably work also, but another aspect to this is that you didn't include your chosen tires and sizes...have you chosen those? Tires vary in width and shoulder shape, even if they have the same sizes stamped on them. A 255/35/Michelin will run a bit wider, and with a more squared shoulder than, let's say, the Hancook Evo...

You also need to let people know how extreme of a "flush" look you want, and what additional work are you willing to do to get there...roll fender, pull fender, camber...

See where I'm going with this? A bit more due diligence on your part, and more info gathered and presented, will get you there.

Also, have a little patience. It's the weekend, people have lives, we're not all here on standby to answer your questions.
You're right! Thanks for the info.

Tires would be 225/40/18. Not hella flush. Just something not too much inside of the wheel well.

Thanks for the information! You sir are a hero!
Appreciate 0