E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Need help fixing a code my car threw!

10-18-2009, 01:38 AM   #1
sfgiant415
BOSS
United_States
Rep
Drives: IS-F

Exclamation Need help fixing a code my car threw!

Mods
Procede REV 1 stage 2
stett intercooler
catless dp
catless exhaust
BMS duel cone intake
UR HKS bov

So today i was driving and I decided to turn the procede on since i have it set to valet mode until i press on. so i press on and half throttle my car and my car jolts forward and i hear a semi loud thud, and my car throws a engine malfunction and isnt boosting. so i pull over and check to see if i didnt blow off the vacuum line since i wasnt reading boost, everything was still in place the line was secure and so was the charge pipe. so i turn my car back on and the light goes away and im idling fine but as soon as i try to hit boost it wont let me and the engine malfunction light comes back on. so i plug my obd2 sensor in to read any codes and this one comes up, p2096 post catalyst fuel trim system too lean bank, iono how to start to fix this problem or what to replace please let me in on your opinions or suggestions thank you. P.S. im out of warranty at 64,xxx miles already
      10-18-2009, 01:46 AM   #2
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfgiant415 View Post
Mods
Procede REV 1 stage 2
stett intercooler
catless dp
catless exhaust
BMS duel cone intake
UR HKS bov

So today i was driving and I decided to turn the procede on since i have it set to valet mode until i press on. so i press on and half throttle my car and my car jolts forward and i hear a semi loud thud, and my car throws a engine malfunction and isnt boosting. so i pull over and check to see if i didnt blow off the vacuum line since i wasnt reading boost, everything was still in place the line was secure and so was the charge pipe. so i turn my car back on and the light goes away and im idling fine but as soon as i try to hit boost it wont let me and the engine malfunction light comes back on. so i plug my obd2 sensor in to read any codes and this one comes up, p2096 post catalyst fuel trim system too lean bank, iono how to start to fix this problem or what to replace please let me in on your opinions or suggestions thank you. P.S. im out of warranty at 64,xxx miles already
It really does sound like something popped off or came loose. Most likely a pipe in a more non-obvious location (like behind the bumper). Also, an obd2 reader may not tell you everything you need to know about where the problem is. Give us a call on monday and come on by and we can read your code properly and determine where the problem is. That code is probably not related and just stored from running a too strong o2 sim.

Shiv
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2009, 02:13 AM   #3
sfgiant415
BOSS
United_States
Rep
Drives: IS-F

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
It really does sound like something popped off or came loose. Most likely a pipe in a more non-obvious location (like behind the bumper). Also, an obd2 reader may not tell you everything you need to know about where the problem is. Give us a call on monday and come on by and we can read your code properly and determine where the problem is. That code is probably not related and just stored from running a too strong o2 sim.

Shiv
well i will call you guys on monday. but im scared to drive my car im scared im going to damage something else, since im not boosting at all but i still hear the turbos spooling but its a different type of spooling almost louder.
      10-18-2009, 04:21 AM   #4
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfgiant415 View Post
well i will call you guys on monday. but im scared to drive my car im scared im going to damage something else, since im not boosting at all but i still hear the turbos spooling but its a different type of spooling almost louder.
Yep.. you have a boost leak. You're hearing the turbos built boost and dump it to the atmosphere. All you got to do is inspect all the intercooler pipe connections. Whoever installed your FMIC should be able to do this and fix it. You wont damage anything by driving it. Just cruise it on over to the shop and let them take care of it.

Shiv
Appreciate 0