E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > BMW CODING success

01-07-2011, 01:48 AM   #859
DimSum
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: SLOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonLerd View Post
dimsun have to tried this already? does the fuse really need to be removed? at this rate my new rims doesnt have a TPMS sensor and i am not on RFTs anymore so if i get a flat i hope i will catch it in time!

-Jon

Yup, the fuse needs to be removed or else your going to throw some other weird errors
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2011, 03:35 AM   #860
larry_bml
First Lieutenant
Romania
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 Sport Line 320ded

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxjecxxx View Post
Wish I had iDrive to help out. If I find anything i'll be sure to let you know.

I am trying to help another member retrofit LCI tail lights. Can someone with LCI tail lights please post their footwell module .TRC file ?

We are going to try replacing the values in his .TRC with yours and see if the tail lights works. If so, you all know how to do it
Here is my frm module, but i don't know if i have or not tail lights, maybe you can figure.

A little off topic, someone know any metod to find out what options has my car from VIN ?

Now, the problem with my WELCOME LIGHT is that i have the option in the hole car TRC, but never get it in the individual modules files. Maybe in first TRC is everything that the car can do, and in the individual modules TRC is what it has been configured to do?

I did FLASH CAR , but even i can read the CAUDI and CGATE modules, when it tries to write them it gives me ERROR, but if i try to write them individuals , it can write them even if it say ERROR. The problem is that when i FLASH the hole car, coding processes stops, and it can not write the hole car, but for my fortune for now nothing broken. Any other ideas for my WELCOME LIGHTS ?

Last edited by larry_bml; 03-13-2014 at 02:45 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2011, 05:40 AM   #861
q_jonblaze
Captain
Rep
Drives: e93

just to put in a word on my dealings with "fpf", he responds to emails, is very proffessional, and a great guy.....he just exchanged a cable i bought from him about 5 months ago!!

great guy and wouldnt hesitate to buy from him again....
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2011, 07:01 AM   #862
txusa03
Major General
Rep
Drives: TS330iPPSP6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amlethae View Post
+1 Someone help us! I want folding mirrors dmnit! I am living vicariously through viperssd since I still can't code my car... Shiv says N55 v5 on Monday, so I hope that happens and I REALLY hope they fix the coding problem!
Tell us what have you tried to code for the folding mirrors so maybe someone can help (for us to help you you have to tell us what you have tried to code).

xxxjecxxx, I got your pm, you are welcome bud! Coding is addictive!
      01-07-2011, 07:09 AM   #863
larry_bml
First Lieutenant
Romania
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by q_jonblaze View Post
just to put in a word on my dealings with "fpf", he responds to emails, is very proffessional, and a great guy.....he just exchanged a cable i bought from him about 5 months ago!!

Please, give me an email address or something so i can contact him. Maybe he can help me.

Thank you.

Last edited by larry_bml; 01-07-2011 at 07:13 AM.. Reason: need to quote
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2011, 08:38 AM   #864
q_jonblaze
Captain
Rep
Drives: e93

hes signed up here and you can find him in some of the pages in this thread.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2011, 08:41 AM   #865
Amlethae
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 335ix M-Sport

Garage List
2011 335xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by txusa03 View Post
Tell us what have you tried to code for the folding mirrors so maybe someone can help (for us to help you you have to tell us what you have tried to code).
I've tried finding these in NFRM but they're not in mine (2011 E90):

BEIKLAPPEN_B_KOMFORTSCHL
SPIEGEL_KOMFORT_EINKLAPP

(They do exist when I trace the entire car, but obviously I can't code them that way)

I do have folding mirrors on the car (button on the driver's side door) and I have been able to code rolling windows up with the fob but can't get the mirrors to fold.

There's also some modules I don't have access to yet (no daten files available in this thread work): MEDIA, PDC, FLA, 63BMO.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2011, 11:22 AM   #866
Neutrino45
Major
Rep
Drives: XXX

Quote:

BEIKLAPPEN_B_KOMFORTSCHL
SPIEGEL_KOMFORT_EINKLAPP

(They do exist when I trace the entire car, but obviously I can't code them that way)

I do have folding mirrors on the car (button on the driver's side door) and I have been able to code rolling windows up with the fob but can't get the mirrors to fold.

There's also some modules I don't have access to yet (no daten files available in this thread work): MEDIA, PDC, FLA, 63BMO.
Just to be clear. Are you unable to find the modules these values are in or you're able to find the module with the values, but you just can't get it to work?
      01-07-2011, 11:33 AM   #867
Pseudo Nim
twinborific
Rep
Drives: fast, sometimes slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutrino45 View Post
Just to be clear. Are you unable to find the modules these values are in or you're able to find the module with the values, but you just can't get it to work?
What he likely means is something I have run into, as well:

- when you dump the NFRM module's .TRC, these values are NOT present.
- when you dump the entire car, the values ARE present (but it is impossible to determine WHICH module they are in, since individual modules are not identified)
- if you dump every single module individually, you will NOT find these values, not even in other modules.

How do people deal with this?
      01-07-2011, 11:50 AM   #868
txusa03
Major General
Rep
Drives: TS330iPPSP6MT

I was in the same boat as Amlethae except I have a 2006 e90. If I am not mistaken, I don't have NFRM so I could not even code BEIKLAPPEN_B_KOMFORTSCHL or SPIEGEL_KOMFORT_EINKLAPP. However, once I coded my "close window/moonroof with KFob" my mirror folded in. So yes each car has different DNA.

Amlethae, since you were able to successfully code the close window/moonroof, try doing this. Using the KFob, lock your car and hold the lock button on the KFob 2-3 seconds longer and see if the mirrors fold. If you hold the lock button too long, all the windows will begin to roll down. Try this first and let us know. GL.
      01-07-2011, 11:53 AM   #869
Pseudo Nim
twinborific
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by txusa03 View Post
I was in the same boat as Amlethae except I have a 2006 e90. If I am not mistaken, I don't have NFRM so I could not even code BEIKLAPPEN_B_KOMFORTSCHL or SPIEGEL_KOMFORT_EINKLAPP. However, once I coded my "close window/moonroof with KFob" my mirror folded in. So yes each car has different DNA.

Amlethae, since you were able to successfully code the close window/moonroof, try doing this. Using the KFob, lock your car and hold the lock button on the KFob 2-3 seconds longer and see if the mirrors fold. If you hold the lock button too long, all the windows will begin to roll UP. Try this first and let us know. GL.
FTFY.
      01-07-2011, 01:17 PM   #870
larry_bml
First Lieutenant
Romania
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim View Post
What he likely means is something I have run into, as well:

- when you dump the NFRM module's .TRC, these values are NOT present.
- when you dump the entire car, the values ARE present (but it is impossible to determine WHICH module they are in, since individual modules are not identified)
- if you dump every single module individually, you will NOT find these values, not even in other modules.

How do people deal with this?
I have the same problem like you, when i dump entire car i find the hole things needed to make my welcome lights to work, but when i try to find them in independent module, i can't find them.

I try to recode the hole car, but i can not write CAUDI and CGATE, every other modules work but this two not. Does enyoane know why i can read this two but i can not write them? The exactly problem is that i can write them individualy even that ncs sad ERROR , but the module is writed. But in recode hole car process, the process is stoped when CAUDI arives to be writen, and NCS can not continue.

If someone find a solution for this, please say it.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2011, 01:21 PM   #871
larry_bml
First Lieutenant
Romania
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by q_jonblaze View Post

I've send it an PM becouse i didn't find his email address, maybe you can help me with it?
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2011, 01:58 PM   #872
Pseudo Nim
twinborific
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry_bml View Post
I have the same problem like you, when i dump entire car i find the hole things needed to make my welcome lights to work, but when i try to find them in independent module, i can't find them.

I try to recode the hole car, but i can not write CAUDI and CGATE, every other modules work but this two not. Does enyoane know why i can read this two but i can not write them? The exactly problem is that i can write them individualy even that ncs sad ERROR , but the module is writed. But in recode hole car process, the process is stoped when CAUDI arives to be writen, and NCS can not continue.

If someone find a solution for this, please say it.
Dude........ you code the whole car? You are fucking brave, man. I would not dare.

Are there any OTHER solutions?
      01-07-2011, 04:22 PM   #873
spazticrecords
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 328 XI

I am confused about the whole "Process Car" If you change a value when you code the whole car, what's the difference? Also, does anyone know how to disable the 3 lights on the LCI headlights in the corner?
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2011, 05:26 PM   #874
e90TiAg335i
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 10 e90 335i

Garage List
2010 e90 335i  [7.00]
Quote:

BEIKLAPPEN_B_KOMFORTSCHL
SPIEGEL_KOMFORT_EINKLAPP

I have the EXACT same problem with MY2010. I have accessed all but the MULF2 and TCU modules and can't find the coding to change it. The search continues! I also tried messing with the "process car" with no luck and zero adverse affects.

JB4, DP, VMR V710, Sonic Tuning S1 coilovers, Hybrid Ovations, Soundsplinter 10" and Zapco DC Ref amps
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2011, 05:41 PM   #875
larry_bml
First Lieutenant
Romania
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim View Post
Dude........ you code the whole car? You are fucking brave, man. I would not dare.

Are there any OTHER solutions?
If i'm not wrong, what you read end write back on modules is just like a cache, not FLASH, i have back-up all modules of my car. If , i hope not, something bad hapends when i recode the hole care, i'll just have to rewrite the "damage" module and that' all.

Still can not write CAUDI and CGATE for writing all car, and still my WELCOME LIGHTS are not working.

Any ideas?
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2011, 03:14 AM   #876
MaximusJ
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 340Xi MG 2017

Garage List
Thanks for the answers.

Anybody can vouch for that cable for coding? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-E...motiveQ5fTools

??

Jet Black '06 E90 325I
[Garage]
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2011, 05:45 AM   #877
Neutrino45
Major
Rep
Drives: XXX

Do you have a serial port on your laptop? Why don't you buy it and let us know.
      01-08-2011, 05:46 AM   #878
Toshi
Private First Class
Japan
Rep
Drives: BMW M850i xDrive Coupe (G15)

Got the K+DCAN cable from One-Stop-Electronics.
http://www.one-stop-electronics.com/...&product_id=16

It works flawlessly on my Japan-spec E92 MY2008.
(Actually I got some error messages but I just ignored them...)
And I was able to code the followings

DAY_RUN_LIGHT_CCC in CAPPL - Adds DRL (ON/OFF) submenu in iDrive
VIDEO_DENY_C0B in CAPPL - DVD-In-Motion
BC_DIGITAL_V in KOMBI - Digital Speed

Thank you very much for PO and all who gave me helpful advice
I believe mine is the first E92 with the software-coded DRL in Japan!

Next question;
When I activate the DRL, not only AEs but taillights are also turned on.
Is this normal in US/EU-spec E92?
Am I able to have DRL w/o taillight on by coding?

And how to add a submenu for the light sensor sensitivity settings in iDrive?

Last edited by Toshi; 01-08-2011 at 01:28 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2011, 09:47 AM   #879
suresh
Rep
Drives: E90 330d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ****** View Post
Fixed it by lowering the latency to 1, default is 16, finally got to code the sidemarkers, folding mirrors, seat belt gong and digital display
I still getting this error, my USB port is emulating a serial port. Transmit and receive buffer are set to 8.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2011, 11:52 AM   #880
MaximusJ
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 340Xi MG 2017

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutrino45 View Post
Do you have a serial port on your laptop? Why don't you buy it and let us know.
No but i'll grab an adapter.

I just wanted to know first since its my first coding experience and I dont want to pick the worst cable right off the bath. Just to give me greater chances of success.

But I just bought the cable and will let you know when I first try it.

Jet Black '06 E90 325I
[Garage]
Appreciate 0