E90Post
 


Bimmer Retrofit
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > iPhone X and Bluetooth - just me..?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-01-2017, 07:20 AM   #1
Kuroblack
Private First Class
7
Rep
103
Posts

Drives: E92 330d
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Lancs

iTrader: (0)

iPhone X and Bluetooth - just me..?

Hi all,

Can't seem to get my iPhone connected to Bluetooth - had zero issues with my 5s for the past few years... Is the BT system in the car in need of update perhaps..?

How on earth would I do that?

I just seems to hang, the car reacts to the phone by bringing up the code, but nothing else...

Thoughts anyone?
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2017, 07:35 AM   #2
Josh_G
Second Lieutenant
Josh_G's Avatar
United Kingdom
34
Rep
237
Posts

Drives: BMW e92 335i M Sport
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Surrey

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroblack View Post
Hi all,

Can't seem to get my iPhone connected to Bluetooth - had zero issues with my 5s for the past few years... Is the BT system in the car in need of update perhaps..?

How on earth would I do that?

I just seems to hang, the car reacts to the phone by bringing up the code, but nothing else...

Thoughts anyone?
my iphone x is working perfectly on my car. i have a retrofitted CIC and Combox so is newer than it is meant to be.

what do you have? i.e standard radio, CIC/CCC combox/MULF/MULF2
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2017, 07:45 AM   #3
D3THR
New Member
0
Rep
27
Posts

Drives: E90 Pre LCI 330i M Sport
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: London

iTrader: (0)

I have the CCC idrive my iPhone X is working great, actually it seems to me it pairs faster compared to my 6S.

I would probably remove all paired devices from idrive and phone then re-pair again hopefully that should do the trick.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2017, 08:34 AM   #4
German_Whip
Private
United Kingdom
3
Rep
88
Posts

Drives: E92 330i
Join Date: May 2014
Location: London

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3THR View Post
I have the CCC idrive my iPhone X is working great, actually it seems to me it pairs faster compared to my 6S.

I would probably remove all paired devices from idrive and phone then re-pair again hopefully that should do the trick.
I had a 6 which worked fine with my CCC iDrive until iOS 10 update, looking on forums online many people had problems. There were updates to iOS that were meant to fix the BT issues, but did not for me. iOS 11 did not fix it either. I now have a 7 and the same issues still. The pairing is not the issue, it connects fast too, I can always see my signal status. But I can no longer access my contacts. I can sometimes receive a call. I can't call out, it dials but disconnects, however my phone in my pocket still carries on calling.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2017, 02:48 PM   #5
Kuroblack
Private First Class
7
Rep
103
Posts

Drives: E92 330d
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Lancs

iTrader: (0)

Cool, thanks, probably user error!

I've got the 2011 iDrive, the hard drive pro nav version - CIC I think..?

Might be time to break out the manual
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2017, 11:03 AM   #6
Kuroblack
Private First Class
7
Rep
103
Posts

Drives: E92 330d
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Lancs

iTrader: (0)

So yeah, user error - was waiting for the phone to create a code; of course it doesn't, you make one up in the iDrive and then input that into the phone

Sorted
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2018, 10:18 PM   #7
Jeffman
Lieutenant
Jeffman's Avatar
17
Rep
477
Posts

Drives: 2008 335xi E90
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Somewhere in America

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by German_Whip View Post
I had a 6 which worked fine with my CCC iDrive until iOS 10 update, looking on forums online many people had problems. There were updates to iOS that were meant to fix the BT issues, but did not for me. iOS 11 did not fix it either. I now have a 7 and the same issues still. The pairing is not the issue, it connects fast too, I can always see my signal status. But I can no longer access my contacts. I can sometimes receive a call. I can't call out, it dials but disconnects, however my phone in my pocket still carries on calling.
I have exactly the same issue. Iím ready the thread now looking for solutions. Any luck?
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2018, 05:17 PM   #8
German_Whip
Private
United Kingdom
3
Rep
88
Posts

Drives: E92 330i
Join Date: May 2014
Location: London

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffman View Post
I have exactly the same issue. Iím ready the thread now looking for solutions. Any luck?
I have plugged Belkin Caraudio Connect into arm rest aux & cig light for power.

This allows me to stream music from my iPhone 7, it also allows me to take calls, however I don't use it for calls, only streaming music. But with this being connected, the CCC idrive is working perfect, I can access contacts, make calls and take calls no problem now.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:47 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST