E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Pulsing - Help?

12-11-2013, 09:48 PM   #1
D's Bimmer
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 340 Xi

Pulsing - Help?

I have recently put my winter tires on the car. I had to replace my rear pair due to a steel belt coming loose within the rear passanger tire. The fronts balance up near perfect. The problem is that I am feeling a "pulse" as I drive. kind of like something is either out of whack with a wheel even after having them balanced. I feel it more in the seat. Could it be something other than the tires causing this? Bearing? Warped Rotor? I am grasping here...

Or should I pay the money and have my car aligned and balanced again to rule that out first?
      12-12-2013, 03:45 PM   #2
Volasko
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 06 330i E90, 18 530xe G30

Garage List
Does the frequency of the pulse change with the speed you are going. Or do you only notice it at certain speeds? Does applying the brakes change anything?

A vibration in the seat means the vibration is coming from the chassis, or most likely the rear. If you feel it first through the steering wheel it most likely is coming from the front tires. I know tires that are slightly bent (from sliding into a curb, etc) can balance fine on the machine but still give you problems on the road. The shop who balanced the wheels should have noticed this.
Appreciate 0