E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Bluetooth options?

07-15-2015, 06:44 PM   #1
Wobble
Lieutenant
England
Rep
Drives: E91 Bluewater 325d m sport

Bluetooth options?

Hi I've recently purchased a late 2007 57plate 325i m
Sport saloon
It's got a pro headunit,Bluetooth for telephone,it's also got the telephone cradle fitted.
Here's were i need help,to play music from my iPhone I have to plug a line in as I have no USB port,so it means I can't use my steering wheel to control or skip songs,anyone know the best way of sorting this?
I've looked at either a dynavin headunit which is a plug & play,or a Bmw universal Iphone cradle adapter as I have a iPhone 6+.
Both are not cheap options,and we've got a baby due soon,so money is tight at the mo. Any help will gladly be received or if anyone knows how to fit a USB in the northwest.thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2015, 01:56 AM   #2
Aragorn30d
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 330d

You can add the "6FL" USB option by swapping your existing MULF unit for a MULF2. If you have a search i did a writeup on swapping mine over, its really quite easy if you've already got bluetooth and didnt cost much.

I think once you have the 6FL usb option, you can control the iphone with the cars controls, though you maybe need a Y cable. I dont have any apple devices so cant comment on that functionality.

I've not had mine coded in yet, as i've not bought the USB port for the console, but as i understand it, its a fairly easy conversion to do!
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2015, 02:59 AM   #3
JU57AJB
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2010 318D LCI

I wanted a way round this too and ended up fitting the Eonon. It is a bit of a gamble with these but they're 1/3 of the price of the Dynavin and have all the same features including the Bluetooth.

Just another alternative - I'm really happy with mine and how it looks in the car!
Appreciate 0