E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast > Official Louisiana chat thread (#2)

10-23-2012, 08:34 AM   #749
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

Quote:
Originally Posted by manutdas11 View Post
Herrrooo
Hi
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2012, 02:44 PM   #750
michaelsevilla
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
Ive seen your car! About a month or so ago, I was behind you on Poydras Street or maybe you were behind me..either way... Heading into the FQ. I had to make a left onto Bienville at one point and you made like this loop around me.. Ive got a white 335 coupe with a carbon fiber spoiler on it and a black LTBMW license plate on my car. I was picking up my Aunt on the corner and putting her suitcase in my trunk when you passed me again.

I love the way the M6 sounds... I hope I dont sound like a creeper lol.. I just know there arent many M6's around so I remember one when I see it.
Hi Sara, yeah that was probably me! Small world! I own a parking lot on tchopotolous and own a few businesses around that area. One of them is valet parking and we do republic hotels etc. I've been having tons of fun in my m6 and have come to love highway racing (even though its illegal) lol it's been a hell of a car to me. It's paid for and I am leaning towards keeping it. At the end of the year i already made preparations to buy my next car which will be a Nissan GTr or a Mercedes Cl65, I'm leaning towards the 65 though as the gtr I've loved since I was a boy but jus doesn't have all the amenities or exclusiveness and comfort the CL offers. Both bad ass cars. I have a few more months to think about it I suppose lol. I've toyed with the idea of supercharging her as it isn't out of my budget to but than my new car would have to wait thank you for the warm welcome, again being a lone wolf gets old sometimes I suppose. I hope you guys put together a meet soon. Should you need a place to meet in the city an need parking let me know Sara you've been very kind.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2012, 03:13 PM   #751
Onurleft
Captain
Rep
Drives: RPM

What good options. Remember you'll loose a lot of feel with a CL65. IMO it's not really the same type of car as an M6 or GTR.

Have you considered the new 991?

On the other side, Gintani released some specs for their S/C kit for the M5/6. Made 603whp in intercooled form
      10-23-2012, 03:20 PM   #752
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelsevilla View Post
Hi Sara, yeah that was probably me! Small world! I own a parking lot on tchopotolous and own a few businesses around that area. One of them is valet parking and we do republic hotels etc. I've been having tons of fun in my m6 and have come to love highway racing (even though its illegal) lol it's been a hell of a car to me. It's paid for and I am leaning towards keeping it. At the end of the year i already made preparations to buy my next car which will be a Nissan GTr or a Mercedes Cl65, I'm leaning towards the 65 though as the gtr I've loved since I was a boy but jus doesn't have all the amenities or exclusiveness and comfort the CL offers. Both bad ass cars. I have a few more months to think about it I suppose lol. I've toyed with the idea of supercharging her as it isn't out of my budget to but than my new car would have to wait thank you for the warm welcome, again being a lone wolf gets old sometimes I suppose. I hope you guys put together a meet soon. Should you need a place to meet in the city an need parking let me know Sara you've been very kind.

Im liking this guy already!
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2012, 03:23 PM   #753
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

What do you say guys? Lets put together a New Orleans meet for the new member, Michael.

Id be down for something this Sunday or next. Starbucks, Chilis, Hooters, yall throw out what everybody wants to do.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2012, 03:24 PM   #754
michaelsevilla
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504;
I love the way the M6 sounds... I hope I dont sound like a creeper lol.. I just know there arent many M6's around so I remember one when I see it.

Thank you I love the f1 sound too, when messed around against my friends lambo I just felt "up to par" with it as far as sound when we line up. I was waiting for the new m6 but am HIGHLY dissapointed they down graded to a v8 I feel like once you're up there why take down 2 cylinders? Yeah it's twin turbo but no f1 sound no v10 I mean I was completely like WHY?! I guess gas is starting to be a factor I would of hoped on it of they twin turbod the v10 though lol. Your 335i is VERY nice btw. Did you do anything to it?
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2012, 03:26 PM   #755
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Thank you I love the f1 sound too, when messed around against my friends lambo I just felt "up to par" with it as far as sound when we line up. I was waiting for the new m6 but am HIGHLY dissapointed they down graded to a v8 I feel like once you're up there why take down 2 cylinders? Yeah it's twin turbo but no f1 sound no v10 I mean I was completely like WHY?! I guess gas is starting to be a factor I would of hoped on it of they twin turbod the v10 though lol. Your 335i is VERY nice btw. Did you do anything to it?
Just a jb4 and some cosmetic mods ... thank you!
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2012, 03:33 PM   #756
michaelsevilla
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onurleft View Post
What good options. Remember you'll loose a lot of feel with a CL65. IMO it's not really the same type of car as an M6 or GTR.

Have you considered the new 991?

On the other side, Gintani released some specs for their S/C kit for the M5/6. Made 603whp in intercooled form
Hi!

I agree two different types of cars, but I mean night vision camera for one, massaging seats for back and front people, lots of leg room, 600hp+ 700+ torque out the box and a twin turbo v12 that sounds incredible.
Sound and amenities have always been important, the "skyline" as it deserves to be called is an exotic killer it's just a harsh ride over the city of N.O nice navigation just doesn't have half as many comfort amenities as the cl65 I'm just comparing an apple to an orange I know but at the end of the day that's what people do just compare cars lol. I am not taking anything away from a gtr at ALL it deserves respect for what it has accomplished I just wish Nissan would do more on its amenities and make it comfortable. It's still not out of my mind though as I may just be like "f**k it" and buy it though. I read some where some one has one here. I have a million questions for that person.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2012, 03:52 PM   #757
manutdas11
EL JIMMY NEURON
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jet Black E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
Hi
Ciao
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2012, 04:18 PM   #758
achenator
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2, 2017 R8+

Quote:
Hi!

I have a million questions for that person.

<---------------
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2012, 05:53 PM   #759
Onurleft
Captain
Rep

It is meet time, this would answer lots of questions. In the 2nd week of Nov. I have a massive wedding and 3rd week is TG.

2nd weeks of November is the Twin Peake's meet, this is a known reliable meet, solid cars including super cars that people drive from around the state. I say that's our best bet for a gtg. If it looks like a big turnout I will get together a group to do a drive after. A lot of us have not yet been to the awesome roads in St. Francisville
      10-23-2012, 07:34 PM   #760
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

How many NOLA people are going to twin peakes? If I can ride with someone Ill go.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2012, 02:37 AM   #761
michaelsevilla
Banned
Rep

I may go to this, I have a friend starting up a twin peaks in Nola lol, I didn't know what twin peaks was until a buddy of mine broke it down lol it's like a better hooters lol.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2012, 07:41 AM   #762
Mkah
Motorsports
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast

Quote:
I may go to this, I have a friend starting up a twin peaks in Nola lol, I didn't know what twin peaks was until a buddy of mine broke it down lol it's like a trashier hooters lol.
ftfy
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2012, 08:40 AM   #763
shaq diesel
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 Alpine White E90 M3

More like a Hooters atmosphere with a different menu! LOL

Quote:
I may go to this, I have a friend starting up a twin peaks in Nola lol, I didn't know what twin peaks was until a buddy of mine broke it down lol it's like a better hooters lol.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2012, 10:38 AM   #764
achenator
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2, 2017 R8+

tits, beer & mediocre food= $$$$$$$!!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2012, 10:58 AM   #765
Onurleft
Captain
Rep

So last night from about 1030pm until 1am

In the Fred's and Reggie's parking lot out away from any other cars there was a black on black late model (LED's) M6 Black on Black, black carbon trim, dark tint, new Hankook's, roof spoiler and a 6 speed. Very very rare, he needs to be recruited here.
      10-24-2012, 11:10 AM   #766
Mkah
Motorsports
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onurleft
So last night from about 1030pm until 1am

In the Fred's and Reggie's parking lot out away from any other cars there was a black on black late model (LED's) M6 Black on Black, black carbon trim, dark tint, new Hankook's, roof spoiler and a 6 speed. Very very rare, he needs to be recruited here.
That is Steve.
      10-24-2012, 11:21 AM   #767
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by achenator View Post
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2012, 12:31 PM   #768
shaq diesel
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 Alpine White E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by achenator View Post
Fixed that for ya! LOL
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2012, 12:33 PM   #769
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Men...
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2012, 01:30 PM   #770
Projekt_BooGie
Average Car Exceeding Expectations (ACEE)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i e92

Garage List
2007 e92  [7.00]
wow!!!! I've been gone off here for to long. To much to read when you have to read 2 pages lol.

Welcome Michael. My thoughts on your situation. If you are looking for power and luxury pleasure then def go with the Benz....if you looking for power and fun...GT-R. I guess since you are an amenities person you are already leaning more to the Benz.

As for the meet, I think the twin peaks meet is cool, but sometimes smaller meets are better. Gives time for everyone to get a little better acquainted. I'm down for a meet in NOLA either weekend. Even though next weekend would be better. But if we do a meet it'll be good if we can make sure almost everyone can make it. Something like the Barbq (even though I came late) had a good turn out.

Twin Peaks is ok with food, can't really compare it to Hooters as Hooters basically only sale wings. The chicken fried steak/chicken is good and the nachos are awesome. But besides that the menu it pretty limited. And I think twin peaks have better beer specials

too much to list...just know its wide and bagged
Appreciate 0