Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > 18x9.5 square fitmant side affects?

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

03-13-2016, 09:13 AM   #1
shnaggs
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: TDi

18x9.5 square fitmant side affects?

Hey guys and gals,

So i'm thinking about doing a 18x9.5 square setup on my 335d Lci.

I'm on the group buy list for the 18" arc-8s and trying to make up my mind if I want to go this route.

My question is, has anyone who has gone this route had any negative side affects to going to such a wide front wheel/tire, other than possible fitment issues??? I mean, does the handling change dramatically in a negative way at all, like tram lining, or a lot more steering effort?

Ideally I would like to go with a 9" et30 square setup, but apex only makes that in the 17" arc-8's. I read that they are in the works of producing a 18x9 et30 set up, I emailed them and they could not give me a time line, just said that it is in the works.

Any input is much appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2016, 08:50 AM   #2
tareemaa
Bimmer Fanatic
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

I'd like to know as well, I am lci but also xdrive, and do have plans to drop the car as well, I don't want to run negative camber, nor do I want to modify the fenders, is it still possible to do?
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2016, 04:45 AM   #3
adidoman
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '10 335i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by shnaggs View Post
Hey guys and gals,

So i'm thinking about doing a 18x9.5 square setup on my 335d Lci.

I'm on the group buy list for the 18" arc-8s and trying to make up my mind if I want to go this route.

My question is, has anyone who has gone this route had any negative side affects to going to such a wide front wheel/tire, other than possible fitment issues??? I mean, does the handling change dramatically in a negative way at all, like tram lining, or a lot more steering effort?

Ideally I would like to go with a 9" et30 square setup, but apex only makes that in the 17" arc-8's. I read that they are in the works of producing a 18x9 et30 set up, I emailed them and they could not give me a time line, just said that it is in the works.

Any input is much appreciated!
I don't know if you knew this or have already bought wheels, but APEX is having a group buy for arc-8's in 18x9" et30.
Appreciate 1
      04-21-2016, 03:05 PM   #4
jonluc88
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 335xi 2011

Garage List
I have square setup on my car 18x9.5 et 25 all around with 245 40 18 PSS. No issues while cruising or pulling on the highway. But there is a slight rub in the front on big dips.

BMS Intake, ER CP, ER competition FMIC, N54tuning DP, COBB V2 stage 2+ aggressive, side marker delete, LUX V5, BMW PE, KW V1, Volk Racing CE28N Candy Red (SOLD), Advan Racing RS
Appreciate 1
      04-21-2016, 04:47 PM   #5
shnaggs
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: TDi

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidoman View Post
I don't know if you knew this or have already bought wheels, but APEX is having a group buy for arc-8's in 18x9" et30.
Yes thanks for the heads up. I am well aware of these wheels being available now. Problem is that I had already just bought a square set of 18x9.5's from the previous group buy. I was quit miffed about it, and let them know my dislike for the matter. All they needed to do was inform me that the 18x9's were now going into production. But nope, I found out literally 2 days after I received my wheels from them.
Appreciate 0