Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > M12 x 1.5 35mm small diameter lug bolts

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

04-16-2016, 03:33 PM   #1
shushikiary
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi

M12 x 1.5 35mm small diameter lug bolts

So I have a set of motegi MR118 wheels that I know a stop tech bbk will fit in with a 10 mm wheel spacer. The problem I have is that the lug bolt holes are smaller diameter than stock wheels and so the stock lug bolts wont work in them.

I know the stock lug bolts are 25mm in length so I need a 35mm length lug bolt to work here, but I need one with a smaller diameter to fit in the wheels lug bolt holes. The wheels currently have some spline drive lug bolts that work great, stock length of course.

The problem is, I cant find these anywhere. Gorrilla seems to make some in 33mm length, but I cant find a small diameter conical lug bolt in M12 x 1.5 that is 35mm (or slightly longer perhaps).

Any idea's on where I might find such a product?

Thanks
BMS DCI, BMS OCC, VRSF stepped 5" FMIC, VRSF CP, VRSF DP's, SPEC stage 3+ and SMFW, PRW stage 3 LPFP, MHD custom E85 tune, solid motor mounts, RB PCV valve, SS brake lines, Prospeed RS683 brake fluid, Strongflex poly bushings, VTT inlets, M3 rear control arms, ECS trailing arms, turbo smart DV's, CP-E PI, VTT HS CP, UUC short shifter, custom solid transfer-case mount, RBTurbo vacuum side OCC, PRW upgraded ignition coils.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2016, 04:58 PM   #2
shushikiary
Private First Class
Rep

Sad pandas...

Well I still cant find any, I may have to run by the local discount tire or something and see what they have as I cant find what I want online.
BMS DCI, BMS OCC, VRSF stepped 5" FMIC, VRSF CP, VRSF DP's, SPEC stage 3+ and SMFW, PRW stage 3 LPFP, MHD custom E85 tune, solid motor mounts, RB PCV valve, SS brake lines, Prospeed RS683 brake fluid, Strongflex poly bushings, VTT inlets, M3 rear control arms, ECS trailing arms, turbo smart DV's, CP-E PI, VTT HS CP, UUC short shifter, custom solid transfer-case mount, RBTurbo vacuum side OCC, PRW upgraded ignition coils.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2016, 01:04 PM   #3
armansiu
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: e90 328xi

you and beamer1996 runs into the same problem.
Maybe you 2 can talk if the other has solution.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1251866

Anyway, I talked to my mechanic yesterday. He said he had seen such a case before. At that time, the owner went to the rim stores with drill press and make the holes bigger. He said it's very hard to find extended tuner bolts. Tuner nuts are easy but not bolts.

Hope these help.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2016, 10:15 AM   #4
shushikiary
Private First Class
Rep

Thanks, ironically I found something that was 44mm long which would almost work for him, but still too short, and too long for me. Gorilla makes them.

Its starting to sound like the real option is to go with one of those kits that converts from lug bolts to lug nuts and make sure it has long enough lug conversion bolts, they I can use any lug nut I want.

For example this would work I think:

http://www.cjponyparts.com/gorilla-l...FQmSaQodAEwAJg

with

https://www.ecstuning.com/ES2836725/...FQIKaQodW3QDLw

Last edited by shushikiary; 04-23-2016 at 10:24 AM..
Appreciate 0