E90Post
 


ECS BMW
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Headlight lens cover replace



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-13-2019, 09:25 AM   #1
jericho_17
Private
5
Rep
55
Posts

Drives: 2006 330i
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: El Salvador

iTrader: (0)

Headlight lens cover replace

Hi - I'm searching a pair of headlight lens covers for a 2006 330i with xenon HID bulbs i tried looking in the bimmer jakes website but in their advertising the picture of the car is a LCI model (mine is pre-lci) I asked them and they say that all e90 headlight covers are the same (05 to 11) but I'm not sure.

https://www.bimmerjakes.com/en/home/...eft_right-pair

So I would like to know if someone has experience with this lens covers.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2019, 01:37 AM   #2
Sensible_
Colonel
419
Rep
2,390
Posts

Drives: 2008 E90
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: London

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jericho_17 View Post
Hi - I'm searching a pair of headlight lens covers for a 2006 330i with xenon HID bulbs i tried looking in the bimmer jakes website but in their advertising the picture of the car is a LCI model (mine is pre-lci) I asked them and they say that all e90 headlight covers are the same (05 to 11) but I'm not sure.

https://www.bimmerjakes.com/en/home/...eft_right-pair

So I would like to know if someone has experience with this lens covers.

Thanks
They are the same for HID. Pre-LCI and LCI.

Halogens are different. But also the same for Pre-LCI and LCI headlights.

They are also available on eBay now.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2019, 12:40 AM   #3
mlee4984
Slow M3 Driver
mlee4984's Avatar
United_States
77
Rep
641
Posts

Drives: 2014 M5 ZCP
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NYC

iTrader: (5)

Send a message via AIM to mlee4984
Is there a DIY on replacement of these?
__________________

2014 Citrin Schwarz Metallic M5
2005 Interlagos Blau Metallic M3
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2019, 02:22 AM   #4
Sensible_
Colonel
419
Rep
2,390
Posts

Drives: 2008 E90
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: London

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee4984 View Post
Is there a DIY on replacement of these?
There are a couple floating around. But it's not an easy job. The lens is sealed with a type of permaseal which is resistant to heat. You can't just put these in the oven!

It is possible with a heat gun, but it takes ages. The best way is to dremel off the outer black seal and then break the seal.

Just be sure to reseal it properly.

Have a look at this:



Swap out the angel eyes at the same time!
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2019, 07:56 AM   #5
jericho_17
Private
5
Rep
55
Posts

Drives: 2006 330i
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: El Salvador

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensible_ View Post
They are the same for HID. Pre-LCI and LCI.

Halogens are different. But also the same for Pre-LCI and LCI headlights.

They are also available on eBay now.
Thanks. I saw them on ebay too, less way expensive.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2019, 11:00 AM   #6
tcphoto
Captain
427
Rep
872
Posts

Drives: E92 335i MT Coupe
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Madison, GA

iTrader: (0)

Replacing the lenses are not the easy DIY as the E46. Why do you want to replace them? Perhaps a simple cleaning will make them cleaner and brighter output.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2019, 02:48 PM   #7
jericho_17
Private
5
Rep
55
Posts

Drives: 2006 330i
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: El Salvador

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcphoto View Post
Replacing the lenses are not the easy DIY as the E46. Why do you want to replace them? Perhaps a simple cleaning will make them cleaner and brighter output.
Two years ago I had a minor crash that broke the headlight lens, a local shop repaired with a plastic molding process and it worked fine until now that has a little crack and water is getting in to the headlight. That's why i want to replace the cover with a OE one now
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2019, 12:06 PM   #8
TalkToFrank
New Member
2
Rep
13
Posts

Drives: E91 335i
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Northern Ireland

iTrader: (0)

Ive been looking at some as my lights have a few deep scrapes that probably wouldnt come out... It is up for its MOT (government safety check) on Monday so if it fails ill be buying these:-

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/153422405646
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2019, 09:29 PM   #9
UncleShrek
First Lieutenant
60
Rep
329
Posts

Drives: 2011 BMW 328i
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Houston, Tx

iTrader: (0)

I have some oem pre lci headlights for sale. Cheap.
Would be great for a dyi. They are used but look great. Ready to ship
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
headlight, lens covers

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:05 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST