E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Carnauba Over Nanowax??? Advice???

04-28-2009, 09:10 PM   #1
dwarner4
Teutonic Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 E91x

Garage List
Carnauba Over Nanowax??? Advice???

I'm getting ready for the spring detail and have a couple questions if anyone can lend some advice...

Not sure if it will work or if it would be advantageous but firstly, is it possible to first apply Nanowax as a sealant/polish and top it off with a coat of Carnauba wax?

Or should I just stick with a traditional glaze topped off with the Carnauba?

I've owned black cars for 14 years and have tried all types of products from high dollar Zymol and P21s to Meguiars, Eagle One and Black Magic.
I currently use One Grand Omega Glaze and One Grand Blitz Wax and am happy with the results and ease of aplication/removal but would try the Nanowax/Carnauba combo if effective...I might even try a Nanowax/Glaze/Carnauba three-some if that would work...

Will Carnauba even bond to Nanowax?

Any thoughts...

Appreciate 0
      04-28-2009, 09:34 PM   #2
ToadHollow
Once upon a time ......
Italy
Rep
Drives: 2008 JB E92 - SOLD 5/2010

Garage List
2008 E92 335i  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwarner4 View Post
I'm getting ready for the spring detail and have a couple questions if anyone can lend some advice...

Not sure if it will work or if it would be advantageous but firstly, is it possible to first apply Nanowax as a sealant/polish and top it off with a coat of Carnauba wax?

Or should I just stick with a traditional glaze topped off with the Carnauba?

I've owned black cars for 14 years and have tried all types of products from high dollar Zymol and P21s to Meguiars, Eagle One and Black Magic.
I currently use One Grand Omega Glaze and One Grand Blitz Wax and am happy with the results and ease of aplication/removal but would try the Nanowax/Carnauba combo if effective...I might even try a Nanowax/Glaze/Carnauba three-some if that would work...

Will Carnauba even bond to Nanowax?

Any thoughts...
My opinion would be to either keep with the products you are using at the moment OR move to a sealant/wax finish. If you keep with the Nanowax and top with a carnauba then I would expect the two may not bond properly and cause "shadows". I also own a JB vehicle and have found that the combination yields the best depth and shine for me.

Most recently I have used the Menzerna sealant products topped with carnauba. I recently posted a review of the Supernatural Carnauba and had some wonderful results with it.
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=255706

Appreciate 0