E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Power Steering -No Circulation

01-15-2021, 08:14 PM   #1
rubberneck7
Registered
Rep
Drives: 06 BMW 325i

Power Steering -No Circulation

Hey guys,
I just replaced the rack in my wife's 2006 E90 325i. It went in really well and everything went together perfectly. I put the chf 11s fluid into the new reservoir, turned it lock to lock, fired it up without the cap and nothing. There is no circulation, there's nothing. I put the wheels on and then it becomes even more clear that there's nothing-like steering a tank. My wife then told me she's been putting in the "stop-leak" fluid. Is that my problem? Did the stop leak gum up the pump? Am I looking at all new hoses? Any advice would be welcomed!!!
Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2021, 12:33 AM   #2
e90yyc
Art Collector
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi (GM-delete 6MT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubberneck7 View Post
My wife then told me she's been putting in the "stop-leak" fluid. Is that my problem?
She didn’t tell you this until after you had replaced the rack? That sucks...

Tough to say exactly where the issue is, but I’m fairly certain that stop-leak probably caused it. Might need new hoses as you say. Do you know if your pump is okay?