E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Props to East Coast Suspension

03-15-2011, 06:57 AM   #1
.dee
Private
Rep
Drives: M3, GT3 RS, Bentayga, 600LT

Props to East Coast Suspension

Just a heads up on a positive experience @ East Coast Suspension, ever since i picked up the coupe something wasn't right, far too responsive to road elevations, with a slight pull to the left.

After hearing the endless pulling to the left is normal crap, i went to Trivett tyres, without any luck, after two trips there i had given up and moved on to Spinning Wheels & Tyres, whilst the shop seemed to be ok and the wheel alignment guy was somewhat knowledgeable, after two trips i got the old "its all within spec" line whilst the car was still all over the place.

Anyway, East Coast mob had a go at it and picked up the issue pretty much straight away, the camber on the left front was -0.75 out, an hour later with some mucking around to get the steering centered spot on, was all good to go .

Couldn't be happier
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2011, 07:30 AM   #2
Jeef Beef
Lord Captain Commander
Australia
Rep
Drives: a sleeper

Sounds like the previous three places you took it to couldn't even identify a simple wheel alignment issue. I wouldn't go near Trivett with a 10 year free service plan, they've always been a rubbish experience for me.

Camber and toe that is out can easily be fixed with routine alignments for 60 bucks at your local kmart tyre and auto.

E82 135i M-sport: SGM/6MT/Black
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2011, 05:10 PM   #3
Stuart@BMRAutowerkes
Major General
Rep
Drives: a black car

As long as they have the factory specifications Jeff, otherwise if they just 'reset' everything to zero the car drives like crap.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2011, 05:14 PM   #4
Taymaishu
Banned
Australia
Rep
Drives: I love massive black cocks

Garage List
2009 125i  [5.50]
Jesus - Spinning Wheel couldn't detect your camber in one wheel was out? That sounds very odd... They're excellent.

Indeed Stu, reset to 0 = fail bad.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2011, 06:31 PM   #5
.dee
Private
Rep
Drives: M3, GT3 RS, Bentayga, 600LT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taymaishu View Post
Jesus - Spinning Wheel couldn't detect your camber in one wheel was out? That sounds very odd... They're excellent.

Indeed Stu, reset to 0 = fail bad.
Don't know whether they did or not, BUT, it was not fixed after two trips there. the East Coast mob got it right first go.

I also heard good things about Spinning Wheels, and am not disputing their abilities, just merely relaying my experience in this saga.

Ultimately, the point is, don't accept the "they are engineered to pull left" crap. or "its in the tyres" when the car has less than 5000k's.

Go see someone committed to get it right and they will.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2011, 07:42 PM   #6
Jeef Beef
Lord Captain Commander
Australia
Rep
Drives: a sleeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmroxm5 View Post
As long as they have the factory specifications Jeff, otherwise if they just 'reset' everything to zero the car drives like crap.
Yep, they got the Bimmer specifications for alignment on their laser machine things. I was pretty impressed at the setup they have.

E82 135i M-sport: SGM/6MT/Black
Appreciate 0