E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic > JB4 emissions failed, systems "not ready"

04-23-2018, 10:14 AM   #1
icenight
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 xdrive

JB4 emissions failed, systems "not ready"

cross posted.

I have an N55 2011 335xi, jb4 with the latest 16 hex, catless dp and cat back exhaust. Every time I go to get my emissions done I fail because to many systems are in the "not ready" status (CAT, EVAP, 02, H02). I've had the jb4 on map 0 for 2 months now. In VA you need emissions done every 2 years and putting the catless DP on and off every two years isn't really an option. Anyone else successfully been able to get the systems into ready status? In VA we don't have a sniff test so I only need my OBII to come back ready.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2018, 02:00 PM   #2
catcher22
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe

You could always skip the "in person" emissions test and try driving past one of the Virginia RAPIDPASS emissions stations. Not sure if you'll pass the sniff test though.

http://www.deq.virginia.gov/Programs...SVirginia.aspx

In 2012, the Virginia legislature approved an expansion of the current on-road emissions testing program. The expansion of the program is to allow up to 30% of vehicles subject to Air Check Virginia emissions inspection to complete their test requirement via the RAPIDPASS Virginia program. The RAPIDPASS program is part of Air Check Virginia and it is overseen by the Virginia Department of Environmental Quality.

https://rapidpassvirginia.com/VaPublic/Locations

RAPIDPASS is the optional on-road emissions inspection program in Northern Virginia. RAPIDPASS allows a motorist to simply drive through an on-road RAPIDPASS system to complete their emissions test. Upon notification of a clean emissions result, motorists can conveniently pay for their emission inspection on-line and proceed with their vehicle registration renewal.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2018, 11:17 AM   #3
icenight
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcher22 View Post
You could always skip the "in person" emissions test and try driving past one of the Virginia RAPIDPASS emissions stations. Not sure if you'll pass the sniff test though.

http://www.deq.virginia.gov/Programs...SVirginia.aspx

In 2012, the Virginia legislature approved an expansion of the current on-road emissions testing program. The expansion of the program is to allow up to 30% of vehicles subject to Air Check Virginia emissions inspection to complete their test requirement via the RAPIDPASS Virginia program. The RAPIDPASS program is part of Air Check Virginia and it is overseen by the Virginia Department of Environmental Quality.

https://rapidpassvirginia.com/VaPublic/Locations

RAPIDPASS is the optional on-road emissions inspection program in Northern Virginia. RAPIDPASS allows a motorist to simply drive through an on-road RAPIDPASS system to complete their emissions test. Upon notification of a clean emissions result, motorists can conveniently pay for their emission inspection on-line and proceed with their vehicle registration renewal.
not a bad idea, but didnt work :/ lol thanks though
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2018, 09:08 PM   #4
Lambo
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

The Evap is failing because of fuel level. You need over 1/4 tank. As for the map 0,you don't have to switch to that till you pull in the shop. For the rest, you will need a DP fix. You can get it from various sites. Burger does not sell them anymore, unfortunately, but other sites do. I can send you a guide to wire into jb4 if you pm me.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2018, 08:47 AM   #5
Lambo
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

The Evap is failing because of fuel level. You need over 1/4 tank. As for the map 0,you don't have to switch to that till you pull in the shop. For the rest, you will need a DP fix. You can get it from various sites. Burger does not sell them anymore, unfortunately, but other sites do. I can send you a guide to wire into jb4 if you pm me.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2018, 03:21 PM   #6
bimmertt
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2007 e92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenight View Post
cross posted.

I have an N55 2011 335xi, jb4 with the latest 16 hex, catless dp and cat back exhaust. Every time I go to get my emissions done I fail because to many systems are in the "not ready" status (CAT, EVAP, 02, H02). I've had the jb4 on map 0 for 2 months now. In VA you need emissions done every 2 years and putting the catless DP on and off every two years isn't really an option. Anyone else successfully been able to get the systems into ready status? In VA we don't have a sniff test so I only need my OBII to come back ready.
You need to install the dp fix and then do a drive cycle to get all the monitors ready. In MD, you can still pass even if one of your monitors isn't ready. My friend did two drive cycles and evap was still not ready, but everything else was. He went to get inspected and passed. Not sure if this also applies to VA.
Appreciate 0