E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic > Want to buy Downpipe fix

04-09-2018, 11:37 AM   #1
alp1newh1te
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 335i

Want to buy Downpipe fix

Anyone have one locally? My car is due for emissions this month.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2018, 08:29 AM   #2
NDB24
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by alp1newh1te View Post
Anyone have one locally? My car is due for emissions this month.
I have a VRSF DP fix for the N55 if that's your platform.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2018, 10:30 AM   #3
icenight
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by tastycakes View Post
I have a VRSF DP fix for the N55 if that's your platform.
shit I need one too. Can I burrow or buy it?
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2018, 11:57 AM   #4
alp1newh1te
Private
United_States
Rep

I just bought one from VRSF. I'm going to install it this weekend. Hoping to pass my emissions on monday.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2018, 08:05 AM   #5
NDB24
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenight View Post
shit I need one too. Can I burrow or buy it?
Just saw this, I no longer need it so you can purchase it from me for 70 brand new condition never used. It's 100 brand new on vrsf.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2018, 02:57 PM   #6
icenight
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 xdrive

Quote:
I just bought one from VRSF. I'm going to install it this weekend. Hoping to pass my emissions on monday.
how'd it go?
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2018, 09:30 PM   #7
alp1newh1te
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenight View Post
how'd it go?
I ended up finally passing my emissions test yesterday!

I went in last Monday for my state inspection and emission test after I installed the dp fix. My go to guy did the visual and made sure to ask me that I had catalytic converters in my car. I said yes of course and he continued with the inspection. Once he got to the emission test with the OBD scanner, he said all the monitors were not ready. I wasn't sure why but then realized that my car has been sitting in my garage with the battery disconnected for about 3 months now. My car has the fan blower recall and I have been driving an X3 since. So he told me to come back after I drove a couple of miles.... He said 100 miles... haha. I went home and looked up how to get my car ready for emissions since my registration renewal was due this month.

I stumbled on this thread about the Drive Cycle. I followed it the best I could the night before on the highway.
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...ight=Emissions

Before going back for emissions test, I went to advance auto to borrow their obd scanner to check if my monitors were ready. Everything was ok and ready except for the evap system which said "inc." Went back and passed it!

Thanks to forums once again!
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2018, 02:56 PM   #8
Supra2k6
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:

I went in last Monday for my state inspection and emission test after I installed the dp fix. My go to guy did the visual and made sure to ask me that I had catalytic converters in my car. I said yes of course and he continued with the inspection. Once he got to the emission test with the OBD scanner, he said all the monitors were not ready. I wasn't sure why but then realized that my car has been sitting in my garage with the battery disconnected for about 3 months now. My car has the fan blower recall and I have been driving an X3 since. So he told me to come back after I drove a couple of miles.... He said 100 miles... haha. I went home and looked up how to get my car ready for emissions since my registration renewal was due this month.

I stumbled on this thread about the Drive Cycle. I followed it the best I could the night before on the highway.

Before going back for emissions test, I went to advance auto to borrow their obd scanner to check if my monitors were ready. Everything was ok and ready except for the evap system which said "inc." Went back and passed it!

at what position did you have your DP fix on?
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2018, 03:10 PM   #9
alp1newh1te
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra2k6 View Post
Quote:

at what position did you have your DP fix on?
I put it between 5 and 6 o' clock position.
Appreciate 0