E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > ! Help understanding How Alpine AMP works

08-26-2015, 07:17 AM   #1
Dwtk
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 118d sport

Cool ! Help understanding How Alpine AMP works

Hi guys

I need some help understanding how the HIFI Alpine upgrade amp works. I have fitted it as usual and it works fine . But I felt the subs were underpowered so bought a new amp for the SUBS only. That left my the bass outputs on the alpine amp unused so I decided to try connect them to the rear left and right . But there is some sort of crossover happening that is not allowing Mid and highs through.

My question : Is the amp doing the filtering / crossover on these speaker outputs or is done by the Stereo its self . My stereo is aftermarket ( Zenec 3215 ) the door speaker are all connected through the the standard BMW harness. The subs with new amp and connected via RCA's from stereo.

below is my desired future state.

Appreciate 0
      08-27-2015, 04:24 PM   #2
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F83 and F36

Alpine amp has low pass filter in the amp so unfortunately, you cannot by pass it (unless you are amp doctor!).
      09-29-2015, 06:59 AM   #3
Dwtk
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 118d sport

thanks buddy thought so . I have now installed everything . But people on this forum are right the Earthquakes dont produce any midbase. Thinking of mounting the old subs along side the earthquakes as Iam running the earthquakes on a separate amp. My install is a mess should have done me research before going ahead. Any ideas of alternative mounting locations for old subs except for boot . Was thinking footwell ?
Appreciate 0