E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > CIC Retrofit/AVIN Nav/ AND Eonon/OR/9"Avin Lower Headunit

06-04-2018, 08:47 PM   #1
WWPearlMS6
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: F83 M4 Competition

CIC Retrofit/AVIN Nav/ AND Eonon/OR/9"Avin Lower Headunit

Hi all,
Presently have an 08 e92 that I did a CIC Retrofit, and than the 8.8" Avin Unit installed on the upper dome. I'm not too thrilled about the laggyness and hiccups I'm getting from this unit running 4.4 Android and I'd like to get either the Eonon 9165A or Avins more updated 9" lower Headunit running on Oreo for a more reliable and seem less experience.

My main question is can I retain my current setup with the factory CIC functionality, the Upper Avin 8.8 upper dome screen/unit, AND the Eonon unit simultaneously? (I know I'll have to relocate the Headunit for the cic to probably below the steering wheel) But can I have all three and make use of having dual screens, and if so what will I need for wiring/harnesses?

Does anyone have any experience with AVINs newer 9" Oreo model to know if it's better than my present unit?

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2018, 10:41 AM   #2
WWPearlMS6
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: F83 M4 Competition

Nobody?!
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2018, 01:38 AM   #3
Cchristianh20
Private
Rep
Drives: Bmw 335i n55 e93

Garage List
2011 BMW 335I  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by WWPearlMS6 View Post
Hi all,
Presently have an 08 e92 that I did a CIC Retrofit, and than the 8.8" Avin Unit installed on the upper dome. I'm not too thrilled about the laggyness and hiccups I'm getting from this unit running 4.4 Android and I'd like to get either the Eonon 9165A or Avins more updated 9" lower Headunit running on Oreo for a more reliable and seem less experience.

My main question is can I retain my current setup with the factory CIC functionality, the Upper Avin 8.8 upper dome screen/unit, AND the Eonon unit simultaneously? (I know I'll have to relocate the Headunit for the cic to probably below the steering wheel) But can I have all three and make use of having dual screens, and if so what will I need for wiring/harnesses?

Does anyone have any experience with AVINs newer 9" Oreo model to know if it's better than my present unit?

Thanks in advance!
is that head unit worth paying 500 for I want to up grade my unit and cant get enough info on that product
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2018, 09:34 AM   #4
MJBO
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2023 G81 M3 Touring

Garage List
What do you want the unit to do?

I have an Android 6.0 unit in my daily/work car and it’s great for streaming music (Apple Music app works well) and Waze.

The age and specs of the iDrive screen replacement units means I won’t be attempting it in my 2011 M3 until a newer unit is available. Android 4.4 in 2018 is crazy.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2018, 06:30 PM   #5
zpowered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335I Coupe

Avin is releasing a updated version in couple of weeks.
Appreciate 0