E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > E90 LCI headlight conversion almost finish

08-26-2019, 11:11 AM   #1
ex824650
Rep
Drives: nice 135i

E90 LCI headlight conversion almost finish

Hi everyone

I've got a 2006 E90 pre-LCI, which come with adaptive xenon light and cornering light. Since one of them is not working, I bought a pair of LCI headlight for replacement.

The LCI headlight come with adaptive xenon light but not cornering light. That mean it has only 1 motor inside each light.
Most of the warning had been turned off by NCS expert and there 3 problems left.

1. I think this should be a coding problem, the cornering light failure warning keeps pop out even I almost turn off all monitor in FRM. Should I change the VO as well?

2. The high beam can't be flash(pull level to myself) but work with full beam mode(push toward front). I know the LCI one doesn't a the high beam bulbs, I'm thinking about disconnecting the binder power and connect it into high beam bulb power, I don't know if that will work.

3. The angel eyes (sidelight) will turn off after 2-3 sec and won't on again until ignition off and on. I found that the original bulb are 63117161444 and the LCI are using H8 35W bulb. I suspect the H8 bulb has higher watt then make current higher, then control unit would think there is a short circuit and just cut the power out.
The monitoring of the angel eye had been turn off so no warning any more, I don't know if there is any coding solution.
If coding can't get it done, should I buy some H8/H11 with lower watt or adding some resistor on the circuit?

Please give me some suggestion
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2019, 05:02 PM   #2
SG_E90
DaZuc
Rep
Drives: S65 1M Clone

You'll first need to have FRM 2 or 3.
(LCI Lights came with FRM2/3) not compatible with FRMFA.

Once you have this, modify vehicle date to #0309, and you have #522 #524.
Appreciate 0