E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Need a good NCS Expert SW. I have 2 versions and soo confused now.

08-30-2019, 09:06 AM   #1
JonEQuest
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Convertible 2007 335

Need a good NCS Expert SW. I have 2 versions and soo confused now.

I have been learning some coding and have accomplished a lot after reading for many hours. My problem right now is this:

I ended up with 2 NCS Expert programs after installing some full BMW tools file. One is laid out different than the other, one has more German in some menus, etc. I also have several profiles and can't remember what is used for what. From reading conflicting stuff and most refer to "Raptors NCS Profile" that I don't have and obviously seems to be a good customized one people use for E90 cars. I literally have to trial and error for about an hour every time I try and code until I figure out what I am doing with what. Even my .MAN files store in different "WORK" folders because of NCSEXPER_64 vs. another version, confusing me even more.
I really want to delete them all and reinstall the best one to use, with the best menus and only the profiles I need to code. I have a Windows 8.1 laptop that seems to be able to run all of the software successfully.

I just need someone to point me a link to the latest version of NCS Expert that has profiles that I need for my E93 please. I appreciate ANY help and don't like to ask stupid questions before trying to search on my own but a lot of coding info is outdated and conflicts with other info and guides.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2019, 02:19 PM   #2
sdbmwcoding
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Completely uninstall all coding files and programs. Go into control panel > add remove programs/apps and uninstall ediabas and bmw standard tools (may be called something else. Then go into C drive and uninstall any files you see related to coding.

Then go to bimmergeeks.net/downloads

Download BMW standard tools (follow instructions on how to setup, very easy)

Download SP Daten e89 (after you set up bmw standard tool update sp Daten via BMW Coding Tool)

When you load up NCS Expert, you'll want to pick Manipulation which is pretty much an expertmode profile just called a different name
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2019, 04:52 PM   #3
dpaul
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 335xi, 2011 E93 M3

+1 to sdbmwcod.

However, the bimmergeeks "Manipulation" profile will code the parameters present in the FSW_PSW.MAN file. It is not the "expertmode" profile, which is what many distributions call the mode that looks at the VO and codes according to that, rather than a MAN file. In the bimmergeeks distribution, "expertmode" is called "Factory Coding"
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2019, 05:09 PM   #4
JonEQuest
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Convertible 2007 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpaul View Post
+1 to sdbmwcod.

However, the bimmergeeks "Manipulation" profile will code the parameters present in the FSW_PSW.MAN file. It is not the "expertmode" profile, which is what many distributions call the mode that looks at the VO and codes according to that, rather than a MAN file. In the bimmergeeks distribution, "expertmode" is called "Factory Coding"
Thank you both. I am going to do that. I need a fresh start.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2019, 01:25 PM   #5
Joe@TopGearSolutions
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonEQuest View Post
Thank you both. I am going to do that. I need a fresh start.
If you run into issues, we can do a remote install for you.
Appreciate 0