E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Headlight - will this work?

09-23-2019, 02:26 PM   #1
mrbubba
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 325 M Sport

Headlight - will this work?

I bought a 2005 E91 330D the other day. It has a faulty adaptive headlight system, I think its down to the passenger headlight having water inside it.
I took the headlight off and emptied the water, dried everything out with a hair dryer. The adaptive lights control unit was also wet as well as the angel eye bulb, which stopped working last night.

The reason the headlight has water in it, is someone drilled 2 holes in the top of the headlight!

I can't seem to find a replacement on eBay, they are all Halogen or LCI lights, which won't work with my vehicle, as I'm sure it's only FRM and not FRM2 or 3.

Would these lights work? Would I need to code anything, or will it be plug and play?

https://www.carparts4less.co.uk/p/oe...lamp-471111770
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2019, 12:35 AM   #2
Tambohamilton
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E91 330d

Put the last 7 digits of the VIN into realoem.com, and use that to find the part number of the part you need.

Sorry, I don't know about the coding etc.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2019, 01:24 AM   #3
Silver Streek
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 325d E91

I have adaptive lights which have failed. I think mine is down to the headlight cornering leveling control unit which is screwed to the bottom of the headlight unit. My bad headlight works but will not self level on start up and will not swivel with the steering when in auto switch position.

I've done loads of research on this and most of what I can find states it's plug and play with no coding. Mine are LCI lights as it's a late 2009 car. I found loads of modules for the pre LCI lights and many of the posts were talking about having to code them to the car and they in some cases program the modules first. Many of these posts I read were on American forums, there seems to be a lot more Adaptive light failures over there. Presumably as they fit them to more models than in the UK.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2019, 10:49 AM   #4
mrbubba
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 325 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambohamilton View Post
Put the last 7 digits of the VIN into realoem.com, and use that to find the part number of the part you need.

Sorry, I don't know about the coding etc.
Thanks, tried that and got loads of new parts, but nothing used. If my DIY repair doesn't work, I'll order the one above (once a decent discount code is out)
Appreciate 0