E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest > Brand new here- Look for DIY friends

02-02-2012, 02:05 PM   #67
DaanBMW
Captain
Romania
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i coupe

Daylight would be my pref. +Shouldn't we start another thread, as this one mentions nothing about a GTG ? It might attract more takers...

Anyone done their subframe bushings swap for M3's ? Or with a bit of experience working on these cars ? Looking for a suspension upgrade but the guy I was talking to can't anymore...
. BMW Perf: v2 springs + v1 dampers. Valeo SMFW+clutch. 034 MotorSport engine mounts
. Short Shifter + Turner PU bearing + ZHP M weighted shift knob. CDV delete
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2012, 02:07 PM   #68
Ducati848R
Captain
Rep
Drives: 06 325i

Pm meets, Fridays or Saturdays both work
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2012, 02:09 PM   #69
mpower3o2
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 AP M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaanBMW View Post
Daylight would be my pref. +Shouldn't we start another thread, as this one mentions nothing about a GTG ? It might attract more takers...

Anyone done their subframe bushings swap for M3's ? Or with a bit of experience working on these cars ? Looking for a suspension upgrade but the guy I was talking to can't anymore...
My mechanic in Beaverton could take care of this for you. They do a great job and are reasonably priced!
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2012, 03:22 PM   #70
DaanBMW
Captain
Romania
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpower3o2 View Post
My mechanic in Beaverton could take care of this for you. They do a great job and are reasonably priced!
Thanks for the help. I've got a pretty good mechanic but for run-of-the-mill stuff, this however needs a bit more "insider knowledge" of bimmers. However, I found specialized shops think they need to get the whole rear subframe off and what not (which raises the price skyhigh), but it can be done with a simple lowering.

PM me the details for your guy when you get a chance. I'm still hoping to get another member onboard and do a DYI, but might consider a shop too.
. BMW Perf: v2 springs + v1 dampers. Valeo SMFW+clutch. 034 MotorSport engine mounts
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2012, 03:50 PM   #71
marv85
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '07 E92 335i MT

I'm good with either Friday or Saturday as long as I know ahead of time.

and I agree with DaanBMW, we should start another thread. The title is misleading.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2012, 06:07 PM   #72
cstmx_ryder
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: A metal box with a roundel

I heard rear M subframe bushings are a PITA to replace.....My friend had his done, they had taken it to the dealership, I guess they needed a special tool?

I concur, start another thread.....

'08 AW E90 335i
PROcede V5 | BMS DCI | RR DPs | ETS FMIC | FORGE DVs | Stett CP | Vanguard | PSS10
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2012, 10:29 PM   #73
DaanBMW
Captain
Romania
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstmx_ryder View Post
I heard rear M subframe bushings are a PITA to replace.....My friend had his done, they had taken it to the dealership, I guess they needed a special tool?
Actually, it's not difficult, it's just time consuming - with the proper tools that is. I plan to rent the tool that is made solely for this: http://hpashop.com/Bushing-Tool-Kit-...g-tool-kit.htm.

Dealers and most shops go by the book and remove the whole subframe, lots of ppl have done it by just lowering it. The tool the dealer uses is much more involved because of this and more expensive.
Appreciate 0