E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > 320d not starting, cranks, diesel at injectors

10-15-2019, 04:41 AM   #1
Toby_85
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW e91 Tourer

320d not starting, cranks, diesel at injectors

Hi,

Hoping someone can help! I’m currently sat waiting for a recovery truck after the breakdown couldn’t get me started! Not ideal in between night shifts sat in the works car park

Anyway. E91 320d, 2005. Car was working fine, no problems, drive to work happily and switch off as usual. 12 hours later I return to the car, unlock, press start, just get a clunk as if the battery is dead - which is odd as nothing was left on! Get some jump leads on the correct points under the bonnet, try starting it, it cranks! And cranks. And cranks. Etc etc. Doesn’t even try to fire.

Breakdown turn up, same result. They spray a little easy start in, almost tries to catch, but still won’t start. Cracked off a union on an injector, cranked it over (on leads still), plenty of diesel.

So, what’s the crack here then?! Anybody got any idea as to why it won’t fire on jump leads? Surely even if my battery has completely and randomly died, it would still fire up on jump leads? It turned over really strongly from the breakdown van!

Thanks in advance. I just want my bed!
Appreciate 0