E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > HELP: Where to get HID fog lights installed?

01-26-2013, 07:40 PM   #1
pn_e92
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 LCI 328i M Sport White/Red

Question HELP: Where to get HID fog lights installed?

Just purchased HID fog lights for my e92.
Where is the best place to have them installed in the Valley/Los Angeles area?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2013, 10:37 PM   #2
psmitty95
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 M340i xDrive

Best place is your garage. In all seriousness fog lights are pretty easy to do so you should try to diy but if you need to go somewhere maybe try LTMW? Idk how close they are to you but they're an extremely popular BMW shop in cali
More Pictures: Build Thread /// 683AWHP/675AWTQ
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2013, 12:58 PM   #3
pn_e92
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 LCI 328i M Sport White/Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by psmitty95 View Post
Best place is your garage. In all seriousness fog lights are pretty easy to do so you should try to diy but if you need to go somewhere maybe try LTMW? Idk how close they are to you but they're an extremely popular BMW shop in cali
I tried to do it myself, but not so sure how to do it (even after searching around and reading some of the diy guides). I think I would have to take the whole bumper off and even then still not sure.
I appreciate the suggestion for LTBMW, but LTBMW is pretty far from me. LTBMW was the first thing that came to mind for me as well.
Thanks for the response though!
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2013, 01:13 PM   #4
E90Company
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by parham2652 View Post
I tried to do it myself, but not so sure how to do it (even after searching around and reading some of the diy guides). I think I would have to take the whole bumper off and even then still not sure.
I appreciate the suggestion for LTBMW, but LTBMW is pretty far from me. LTBMW was the first thing that came to mind for me as well.
Thanks for the response though!
It's very easy to do. It's two screws on the bottom of the bumper and two screws in the black plastic fender liner. Just bend it back, and hook up the kit.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2013, 07:36 AM   #5
Pete Schweaty
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 750li

DIY. If you really want a lot of room to see what you are doing, take the tire and fender liner off. All of the plugs only go one way. Fool proof. The toughest part is deciding where to mount the ballast.
Appreciate 0