E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > The Unwritten rule...do you abide by it?

04-27-2011, 12:27 PM   #45
FieldingMellish
Captain
Rep
Drives: F30 330D M Sport auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by TikoV View Post
You could've been sandwiched right between them, what were you thinking??
Believe me, in another life I would have wanted to. Let's face it, the girls just got curious because they noticed anotehr Beemer overtaking them and decided to have some fun. They weren't after my over-fed body, I can tell you that.

Look, no point in lying about it, the experience was fun and quite arousing. I'm not proud of the fact that I spent the whole trip from X to Y, out of town and down the motorway towards Z, with a raging hard-on. But I'm not ashamed of it either.

Since I wasn't actually available for any potential frolics, I didn't risk getting disappointed later. If I had been available I reckon I would have just ended up with acute frustration.

As it is, I have a happy memory to think back on. Man, those girls were sweeeeeeeet.

Appreciate 0
      04-27-2011, 12:36 PM   #46
Hotcoupe
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Don't know yet!

Garage List
Great thread, I go everywhere at the stated speed limits, what's wrong with that

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieldingMellish View Post
As it is, I have a happy memory to think back on. Man, those girls were sweeeeeeeet.
You've been on the sauce again Feilding, haven't you

Never argue with an idiot on the internet. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2011, 12:39 PM   #47
toxicnerve
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335d M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaheed1 View Post
I've had company cars - I didn't a) rag the shit out of them because I could and knew everything that went wrong on it, as a consequence of my actions, would all be picked up by the people who pay for it (it's called respect) and b) tell people it was MY car - because it isn't/wasn't and never will be.

Anyways, I'm not here to talk about what I say that upsets you. Get on with the topic or shovel off
Hang on a minute, you're the one that brought company cars into the equation. What does that have to do with the topic of street racing with kids in the car? Having some trouble staying "on topic" yourself it seems. And who said it upset me? I just asked what it has to do with anything (a question you have not answered by the way)...

Also, wtf does the fact that it was (past tense) a 60 limit have to do with anything? It's a 40 limit now...the past is irrelevant.

"Sorry officer, it was a 60 last week"

Can't see that going down too well...
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2011, 12:44 PM   #48
FieldingMellish
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotcoupe View Post
Great thread, I go everywhere at the stated speed limits, what's wrong with that

You've been on the sauce again Feilding, haven't you
Not this time.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2011, 12:50 PM   #49
TikoV
Captain
Scotland
Rep
Drives: BMW 335d/X5 40d

Quote:
Believe me, in another life I would have wanted to. Let's face it, the girls just got curious because they noticed anotehr Beemer overtaking them and decided to have some fun. They weren't after my over-fed body, I can tell you that.

Look, no point in lying about it, the experience was fun and quite arousing. I'm not proud of the fact that I spent the whole trip from X to Y, out of town and down the motorway towards Z, with a raging hard-on. But I'm not ashamed of it either.

Since I wasn't actually available for any potential frolics, I didn't risk getting disappointed later. If I had been available I reckon I would have just ended up with acute frustration.

Well you had a blast, even if it wasn't from your pants ;p
      04-27-2011, 12:57 PM   #50
LexS
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 320d M Sport

Racing is for the track. Spirited drives are for quiet non-residential roads. Anything else is fair game for laughing at the moron who gets nicked shortly after overtaking you
      04-27-2011, 01:16 PM   #51
zltm089
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Maybe not in your life. ;-)

These were no pre-ops, baby! Two well-dressed, well-heeled young ladies, in a very wealthy part of Cheshire, maybe early to mid twenties. One was very good looking, the other was even better, a classic barbie looker. Now, I'm a happily married man, and not so young or beautiful, so I have no delusions about it. I guess if I had been young and single I'd have indulged in a fantasy wherein they took me back to their country mansion and f*cked me in the swimming pool.

But all that happened on the day was a wee session of cat and mouse down the M56. They would come right up behind me in the fast lane, I would pull over, they would zoom past then I would come up behind them, they would pull into the middle lane, I would pass them, then pull into yteh middle, they would pass me etc. At one point, I looked at my speedometer and realised I was doing 140 mph, at which point I thought it was time to calm down a bit. Respect to those glamorous ladies, they didn't wimp out.

god damn! ....sexy girls that drive fast makes me horny!...
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2011, 01:17 PM   #52
willhollin
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: VW T5

Garage List
I'd have pushed them off the road and wound one into them.
      04-27-2011, 02:54 PM   #53
kaishang
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 330d

Of course they were pre-op trannies. Very hard to spot when they are on hormones. Anyone could get caught out. Haven't you been to Thailand?
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2011, 03:04 PM   #54
FieldingMellish
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaishang View Post
Of course they were pre-op trannies. Very hard to spot when they are on hormones. Anyone could get caught out. Haven't you been to Thailand?
Sounds like you have!

Think I can tell the difference between boys and girls, mate.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2011, 03:35 PM   #55
wayne71
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGA View Post
I think that anyone driving a performance car that says they've NEVER gone a bit quick on a public road is ever a liar or an idiot. Go pick up your 1 litre yaris and darken our door no further lol. There's no point in you having a BMW.
Well said.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2011, 03:58 PM   #56
Giff
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
I think that anyone driving a performance car that says they've NEVER gone a bit quick on a public road is ever a liar or an idiot. Go pick up your 1 litre yaris and darken our door no further lol. There's no point in you having a BMW.
Well thats fantastic and all but no one actually said that...
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2011, 04:07 PM   #57
MEGA
Dieseasal
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: LCI E92 335d M-Sport

Just think the high horse brigade / curtain twitchers need to calm down a little
      04-27-2011, 06:14 PM   #58
WEEE Paul
WEEE Paul
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330D Convertible

Would not recommend the practice down the M5 Worcester/Glos stretch. There's a gun metal grey BMW that has blue lights in its back screen that keeps pulling over the speeders round here.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2011, 02:03 AM   #59
parapaul
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E91 330d M Sport

Garage List
As others have said, what unwritten rule?

If it's safe to play, and I'm in the mood for it, I will. If not, I won't. And if I'm somewhere unfamiliar I stick to the posted limit regardless - there's still far too many scameras and talivans around, looking to relieve me of my license...
      04-28-2011, 02:08 AM   #60
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by WEEE Paul View Post
Would not recommend the practice down the M5 Worcester/Glos stretch. There's a gun metal grey BMW that has blue lights in its back screen that keeps pulling over the speeders round here.
There are un-marked BM's all over this country!
      04-28-2011, 02:16 AM   #61
toxicnerve
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Just think the high horse brigade / curtain twitchers need to calm down a little
I think you may be missing the point somewhat. No one here is claiming to have never driven in an enthusiastic manner etc.

However, there's no point coming on here trying to justify illegal/reckless behaviour. If someone does I certainly will not kowtow to them and make them feel better about what they've done or help them to justify it.

Be it street-racing or just generally speeding, what's possible justification is there? The law of the land is clear. There are clearly defined speed-limits for all our roads. What reason does anyone have to breaching those limits? I can't think of one (other than extreme situations such as taking a seriously sick/injured person to hospital etc).

That's not to say I've not done it but you won't find me trying to justify/absolve myself.

P.S.

Is the forum layout all fucked up for other people or is it just me? All the thread icons/smilies are all screwed up at my end...
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2011, 03:10 AM   #62
Vaheed1
Major
Rep
Drives: E90 330d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by TikoV View Post
Vaheed...wtf were you in to spank a bunch of scoobies?? Gees some of these cars are way past 400bhp..
A CLS55 AMG.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2011, 03:16 AM   #63
FieldingMellish
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxicnerve View Post
I think you may be missing the point somewhat. No one here is claiming to have never driven in an enthusiastic manner etc.

However, there's no point coming on here trying to justify illegal/reckless behaviour. If someone does I certainly will not kowtow to them and make them feel better about what they've done or help them to justify it.

Be it street-racing or just generally speeding, what's possible justification is there? The law of the land is clear. There are clearly defined speed-limits for all our roads. What reason does anyone have to breaching those limits? I can't think of one (other than extreme situations such as taking a seriously sick/injured person to hospital etc).

That's not to say I've not done it but you won't find me trying to justify/absolve myself.

P.S.

Is the forum layout all fucked up for other people or is it just me? All the thread icons/smilies are all screwed up at my end...
+1

There's no justification for speeding. Many/most/all of us do it, but to try to justify it or act all superior because we do it, is preposterous.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2011, 04:23 AM   #64
MEGA
Dieseasal
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxicnerve View Post

P.S.

So let me get this straight. You think that speeding (justified or not) is just as bad when alone in a car as when you've got a young child as a passenger? No - I didn't think so.

Clearly there are magnitudes of "unjustifiable behaviour" here - and the former is far less stupid than the latter. If you disagree with that, you are - odd.

So perhaps it's you that's missed the point and forgotten what this topic was originally about?

As such I'll reiterate my point. Everyone on here will like to drive a bit quickly, or else why do they drive the car they drive. So going batshit at everyone for just asking a hypothetical question is a bit ridiculous. The OP isn't a bell end for saying "I was driving a bit quickly and then I saw that someone who was also driving quickly had a kid - so I was annoyed at them". He isn't. You would be too in the same situation. As you've said - you go a bit quickly from time to time as well so there's no reason that this exact scenario couldn't have happened to you..

Therefore like I said I think it's you (and a few others) that have missed the point (Or very possibly, like I said in my flippant first response - really have never enjoyed their BMW, disagree with everything I just wrote about occasionally going quickly, and should - as a logical conclusion of this - go get a Yaris and not bother with a premium marque ).

And the forum looks fine here
      04-28-2011, 04:41 AM   #65
toxicnerve
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
So let me get this straight. You think that speeding (justified or not) is just as bad when alone in a car as when you've got a young child as a passenger? No - I didn't think so.
Speeding is speeding. Who/what else is in the car has no bearing on my opinion. Possibly because I don't have children (yet). To be blunt, I don't care...

Quote:
...going batshit at everyone for just asking a hypothetical question is a bit ridiculous. The OP isn't a bell end for saying "I was driving a bit quickly and then I saw that someone who was also driving quickly had a kid - so I was annoyed at them". He isn't.
I don't recall going "batshit" at anyone. The question was not hypothetical it was a real-world situation that he found himself in and I don't think I suggested he was a "bell end"

I gave my opinion on the matter (after a few others had posted and progressed the topic a little). However, I did pull him up on something else in his OP.

Quote:
You would be too in the same situation.
No I wouldn't. If someone wants to put their own child at risk, what has it got to do with me? Ok, I'm playing Devil's advocate a little but seriously, if some idiot wants to put his own and his child's life at risk then go nuts. I don't really care as long as it's not going to affect other road users (i.e. me and my own).

Quote:
Therefore like I said I think it's you (and a few others) that have missed the point (Or very possibly, like I said in my flippant first response - really have never enjoyed their BMW, disagree with everything I just wrote about occasionally going quickly, and should - as a logical conclusion of this - go get a Yaris and not bother with a premium marque ).
Really? Why do you care? If someone wants to drive their car within the legal limits at all times what does it have to do with anyone else?

Quote:
And the forum looks fine here
Weird, must be something at my end then...
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2011, 05:10 AM   #66
MEGA
Dieseasal
United Kingdom
Rep

The batshit remark wasn't aimed at you. But by the way the same "why do you care" question could be asked of you. You pulled me up on my earlier post and your rationale seems to be that you don't care if someone's kid gets killed through their parent's idiocy. I'm not sure it's worth discussing the matter further