E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Footwell Module Warranty extension 2010 323i 15 years 300,000

Today, 09:29 AM   #1
fodder031
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2010 323I

Exclamation Footwell Module Warranty extension 2010 323i 15 years 300,000

Some info for those looking. Not sure if just in Canada of global.

Had the dreaded no working windiws and signals after a jumpstart five years ago.
Did some research and called local BMW dealer to confirm symptoms and asked if if sounded like the footwell module and replacement cost. Pretty pricey.

So i did what many others have done, and hit up the local U-Pull until i found a module off a similar E90. Got my signals, lights and windows back. Only cost $70.00 for the part.
I see a huge secondary market for these modules on sites like ebay and kijiji.

Had to pick up some eccentric bolts from the dealer yoday and asked about FRM warranty.

What the dealer failed to mention when I first called was, if you bring car to the dealer and it is diagnosed that it is the footwell there is an warranty extension in place. 300,000 km or 15 years.
Told him what is done is done, he asked if i had the original, trashed that years ago when i could use signals again.
Appreciate 0