E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Bmw dealership fuel pump e93 help nightmare!!

06-04-2019, 05:49 PM   #1
iBlueberry
Registered
Rep
Drives: E93 335is

Bmw dealership fuel pump e93 help nightmare!!

Hey everyone first post here so I apologize for anything wrong to start!

I'm currently living a nightmare with my 2012 bmw 335is which just had the fuel pump replaced for $1050 at my BMW dealership! I got it back today after driving a hour and half to the dealer and the first two minutes it started acting up again! I had to pull over on the highway and shut my car off and turn it back on and circle around back to the dealership! They didn't even test drive it!

I am furious as I have been giving a rental through enterprise through the dealer and have been driving back and forth over a hour just to have my car not fixed! They told me to leave it there today and they'll call me tomorrow but how do they not fix this issue or know what is causing it? They just assumed it was the HPFP?

The symptoms of the car have the check engine light on and fuel pump message after car is turned off comes on saying to bring it to BMW dealership. The car when speeding up accelerating a bit loses power and I need to pull over and turn the car off and back on to reset it.

Am I expecting to keep the $1050 fuel pump I didn't need? Or if I did need it what else runs with the fuel pump that could be causing this issue? I am worried they are goigg to charge me for something else as well and make me keep the fuel pump in and say I needed it anyways but clearly if it's giving me the same symptoms and message, I did not need it.

My car has a 120,000 10 year warranty on the fuel injectors.

Any input or advice is much needed as I am waiting for their new diagnostics tomorrow and to say this has been a headache is the very least. Thank you
Appreciate 0