E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > vibrations at higher speeds

06-03-2022, 06:43 AM   #1
go-beema
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW e90 320d 2009

vibrations at higher speeds

got some wheels refurbished, garage didnt say that they were curbed or bent or anything. put new tires on. now at 65mph I can feel vibrations. going at constant speed the vibrations would increase in strength for two seconds and then decrease in strength for two seconds (roughtly) and run in a loop like that

it gets worse at higher speeds

took it to another garage for MOT, they couldnt find anything, weighted the wheels again but the issue is still there. they said it seem like its in the rear end and might be the tires but the tires are brand new pirellis

any ideas please?

thank you
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2022, 07:31 AM   #2
Wolf 335
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

I would suggest you go back to who ever installed you tires and have them rebalanced. Watch them do it.

Could also be concidence and one of your rear calipers is sticking.
Appreciate 1
      06-26-2022, 02:50 AM   #3
go-beema
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW e90 320d 2009

i had the garage ive been going to for years now do the annual check, they also weighted the wheels and said the only thing they could think of was that the tire is defected but tis a pirelli so

hmmm the caliper thought is interesting

i put on the old wheels yesterday and the vibrations were slight the nput the new wheel back on and were a bit stronger but still significantly less than before. so it doesnt look like its the tyre/wheel
Appreciate 0